• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many times does Bob have to get outcoached

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just takes some people longer than others to see what's really going on.
It's clear now isn't it????
Anyone???

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have said this four the last three years but some people on this site want to wait. and have said lets go slow ,about getting a new coach. why so OU can go deeper in the toilet then no one will want to play for OU.
can his ass today.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start looking for the replacement. Get all your ducks in a row, then pull the trigger. He may go on to lead another university to great things. He's young enough that's very possible. He's too comfortable here, though. There is literally nothing driving him forward as long as he can cash his elite coach level checks for 9-4, 8-5 seasons.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devil's advocate time...

So we're in year one of bringing back the Air Raid, with 3 or 4 replacement assistant/position coaches here and there. We haven't recruited for this style of offense YET...that's one of the reasons Westbrook is here.

First off, do you seriously think that any of the new guise would have come here with any inkling that Bob would leave of his own accord or that there was a plan of succession in place? I'll guarantee you they have stipulations in their contracts that would afford them some remuneration if the not-so-old ball coach were to get the axe.

Let's talk money. His buyout at this point would be astronomical, ESPECIALLY with oil in the toilet.

Cooler heads will prevail in this matter. And cooler heads would dictate that Bobby is here until AT LEAST the end of the 2016 season.

I've heard that Mike is a goner, regardless of what transpired this season short of a top-20 defense and a trip to the playoff.

Face the facts and the music...happy faces and BOOMER fucking SOONER on repeat for the next two years whether any of us like it or not.

/rant

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devil's advocate time...

So we're in year one of bringing back the Air Raid, with 3 or 4 replacement assistant/position coaches here and there. We haven't recruited for this style of offense YET...that's one of the reasons Westbrook is here.

First off, do you seriously think that any of the new guise would have come here with any inkling that Bob would leave of his own accord or that there was a plan of succession in place? I'll guarantee you they have stipulations in their contracts that would afford them some remuneration if the not-so-old ball coach were to get the axe.

Let's talk money. His buyout at this point would be astronomical, ESPECIALLY with oil in the toilet.

Cooler heads will prevail in this matter. And cooler heads would dictate that Bobby is here until AT LEAST the end of the 2016 season.

I've heard that Mike is a goner, regardless of what transpired this season short of a top-20 defense and a trip to the playoff.

Face the facts and the music...happy faces and BOOMER fucking SOONER on repeat for the next two years whether any of us like it or not.

/rant

That was my whole point. Some are saying to can his ass now or at the end of season. I don't agree with that. As I've said, I don't want to end up like Nebraska and a knee jerk reaction here leads to exactly that. I'm saying you give him the talk Barry got after rattling off some 4 and 5 loss seasons and quietly start working behind the scenes to get your ducks in a row. When the time is right and you have your man, you execute the plan. You don't come in here with a grenade launcher and start blowing shit up. This thing has got to be surgical.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my whole point. Some are saying to can his ass now or at the end of season. I don't agree with that. As I've said, I don't want to end up like Nebraska and a knee jerk reaction here leads to exactly that. I'm saying you give him the talk Barry got after rattling off some 4 and 5 loss seasons and quietly start working behind the scenes to get your ducks in a row. When the time is right and you have your man, you execute the plan. You don't come in here with a grenade launcher and start blowing shit up. This thing has got to be surgical.

Mike, you can bullshit me for this if you want, but the fact is this is business, and cooler heads prevail in business over knee jerk responses. I may not always agree with Goldbug about everything, but I do respect him as a business man and I can promise you he's on the same page. You don't make a move for the sake of making a move.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying , but how long can OU last doing that. since 2005 stoops has been slowly not getting the job done . he is making OU football look like all the other top schools that are sucking , OU is better then that , this is a top football team not no joke . fuck OU lost to boise state , that should have never happen ever. so in my eyes the last ten years big game bob has had his time destroying this team . OU needs change start with new coaches it can not be much worst then it is now and if it did at least the team is moving in a new direction .

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do it in an orderly fashion BUT DO IT. New coaches should get an extra year or two to clean up the other guy's hot mess that was left behind. But Stoops has created this mess himself and his "use by" date is fast approaching. The OU football program does not exist for the care and feeding of the Stoops family. And anyone hitching his wagon to Stoops better not cry about needing 1,2,3 years "to get his people into the system". If OU loses to Kansas State it will force a quick change since the rest of the season will get ugly as hell. If we win a few games and then get creamed by Baylor and TCU it will be a process that plays out another year. But the move has to be very well thought out and Joe Castigilione and David Boren should have already talked about who is on their list of potential replacements.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying , but how long can OU last doing that. since 2005 stoops has been slowly not getting the job done . he is making OU football look like all the other top schools that are sucking , OU is better then that , this is a top football team not no joke . fuck OU lost to boise state , that should have never happen ever. so in my eyes the last ten years big game bob has had his time destroying this team . OU needs change start with new coaches it can not be much worst then it is now and if it did at least the team is moving in a new direction .

That is a very poorly thought out and short sighted mindset and it's exactly how you end up like Nebraska is now.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike, you think we should just drag the SOB out of the house and string him up. I think we should at least let him say a prayer before we do it. And Romeo goes a little further and feels we should let him have a last meal before he hits the end of the rope. It's only a matter of degree; we all agree the change has to (unfortunately!) be made.

I have posted several times that I (and others I know) have told Castiglione to his face why we are not writing checks for the stadium improvements while the football program is just drifting along with a coach who is not doing his job commensurate with what he is getting paid to do. Take a look at this article in today's Daily Disappointment: OU football: Could economics be Bob Stoops' downfall?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike, you think we should just drag the SOB out of the house and string him up. I think we should at least let him say a prayer before we do it. And Romeo goes a little further and feels we should let him have a last meal before he hits the end of the rope. It's only a matter of degree; we all agree the change has to (unfortunately!) be made.

I have posted several times that I (and others I know) have told Castiglione to his face why we are not writing checks for the stadium improvements while the football program is just drifting along with a coach who is not doing his job commensurate with what he is getting paid to do. Take a look at this article in today's Daily Disappointment: OU football: Could economics be Bob Stoops' downfall?

I'm saying give yourself time to execute your plan. When the time comes, cut him off at the knees.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying give yourself time to execute your plan. When the time comes, cut him off at the knees.

You are absolutely right, Romeo. If this happens it needs to be done right. It's not hard to end up with another coach who can manage to lose 3-4 games every year while gobbling up huge pay checks and limping through recruiting season hoping we caught lightening in a bottle because the super stars all wanted to play for someone else. We need to be methodical and only make a move if/when we can feel in our gut that the new guy would be an improvement over what we are stuck with now. In the meantime Castiglione better not renew Stoops' contract again if this ends up being another terrible year. Minimizing a potential buyout is the first no-brainer step in the process. This is hard stuff.