• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long til the SEC adds 14?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? They have a Texas team already, you don't add more from the state when you all ready have the market.

Beside, 1.) TCU doesn't have a whole lot of fans, 2.)Nobody likes rich snobby schools.

No, they don't have the Texas market. You guys are going to find out the hard way that A&M doesn't even get top ratings in Houston - even Texas Freaking Tech brings in better ratings.

Their top rated game last season didn't even make the top 10 in the state.

But I know, SEC SEC SEC means they'll automatically be the greatest draw in the history of televised sport in Texas, amirite???

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don't have the Texas market. You guys are going to find out the hard way that A&M doesn't even get top ratings in Houston - even Texas Freaking Tech brings in better ratings.

Their top rated game last season didn't even make the top 10 in the state.

Link?

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this:

fivethirtyeight-0919-geocolfootball-fans-blog480.png

The Geography of College Football Fans (and Realignment Chaos) - NYTimes.com

A&M isn't that bad a draw.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post a link to the info you keep bringing up or stop posting about it. My roommates in college were from Texas, and apparently from them, nobody gave a shit about Tech.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post a link to the info you keep bringing up or stop posting about it. My roommates in college were from Texas, and apparently from them, nobody gave a shit about Tech.

Look it up yourself chief.

Here's a clue: Nielsen ratings + texas A&M + houston chronicle

They blog the ratings weekly. TAMU didn't have a single game crack the top 10 in the state last year.

*EDIT* - the ONE game they had in the top 10 was vs Texas, oops, misread the ratings

Last edited by a moderator:

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't worry about StarBigD, he is like all the other Texass fans, butthurt about A&M leaving. On Disney, they had tons of them in the comment section for the article going into meltdown mode and saying the SEC added another Vandy and A&M wouldn't win another game.

Then a lot of them said all this does is open the state to Les Miles and Nick Saban to pick all the good recruits. I could see this happening, I mean Nick Saban v. Mike Sherman or Mack Brown. Nick Saban wins that fight every time.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm starting to think the SEC made the same screwup that the P12 made.

There is no way they made an offer to aTm with the expectation that Mizzou would be #14. Someone else was their target for #14, and they unexpectedly rejected the offer.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't worry about StarBigD, he is like all the other Texass fans, butthurt about A&M leaving. On Disney, they had tons of them in the comment section for the article going into meltdown mode and saying the SEC added another Vandy and A&M wouldn't win another game.

Then a lot of them said all this does is open the state to Les Miles and Nick Saban to pick all the good recruits. I could see this happening, I mean Nick Saban v. Mike Sherman or Mack Brown. Nick Saban wins that fight every time.

Texas will still get their pick. Especially if Texas stops playing aTm.

I wouldn't even be surprised if this helped Texas and stopped them from losing 1-2 recruits to A&M each year.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree IrishFutbol, most Texas players or any players anywhere would want to play for a National Champion contender such as Alabama or LSU that gets a lot of media attention over a team that is struggling in one of the worse BCS Conferences.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even after 5 straight SEC NCs and a 5-7 season from Texas, the Longhorns still have the recruits locked down.

I don't see how adding Texas's little brother will change this.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even after 5 straight SEC NCs and a 5-7 season from Texas, the Longhorns still have the recruits locked down.

Proof? I saw A&M was up to number 8 in recent recruiting rankings. Also some of the better players in Texas have gone to Alabama, LSU, USC Trojans, Georgia, A&M, OU, etc. in recent years.

Matthew Stafford ring a bell?

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FSU got the top and by far the best recruit from the state this year, I wouldn't say that has the entire state locked down.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the most recent class, the best player in Texas according to rivals is heading to Florida State.

The best QB and RB are both heading to A&M. Texas does have a lot of the top Texas prospects but I wouldn't say they have the state locked down.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look it up yourself chief.

Here's a clue: Nielsen ratings + texas A&M + houston chronicle

They blog the ratings weekly. TAMU didn't have a single game crack the top 10 in the state last year.

*EDIT* - the ONE game they had in the top 10 was vs Texas, oops, misread the ratings

You have the burden of proof, however I see now that you started to change your tune. Next time when you try to throw facts and stats out there, back it up.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And who's #1? Keep in mind, Texas isn't an LSU and doesn't oversign like crazy, so the leftovers go elsewhere.

And of course Texas will lose some talent, as too much can scare others away. Probably happened with Stafford, as McCoy was brought in the year before and picked up the starting job.