• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How is your team looking for the 2017-2018 season?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan can get Mo and DJ to return for next year, Michigan will be a VERY good team! With Jaaron Simmons transferring to Michigan, and if they were able to get Mark Alstork to transfer to them...losing both Irvin and Walton won't sting as badly. Plus Rahkman really stepped up last year IMO. Michigan should be REALLY deep, and that depth would be mostly juniors and seniors. If we can keep the core, it should be an amazing year next year, and definitely would be a fun team to watch develop towards the NCAA tourney.

It would be nice to have some big recruits more often at Michigan, but there are some advantages to having juniors and seniors on your roster that can level things out when playing teams that have several 4* or 5* freshman.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily natty favorites

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super talented, very young, wash, rinse, repeat...

GO CATS!

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good. My Tar Heels are defending national champs. Should be a force again next yr.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bearcats are / should be a top 15 team. I have nothing against the more offensive approach Cronin has made during the past couple of years because you gotta put the ball in the basket, but it was quite a few games where the defense looked average at best. As long as our motto / identity never changes, we should be able to coast through the AAC once again besides SMU and now Wichita State.

Excited to see what Broome can offer. Just like Cumberland though, he needs to continue to improve as a defender if he wants extended playing time. But at the same time, he's probably gonna be our go-to scorer; at the very least our 3rd option behind Evans and Clark. Kinda a double-edge sword, but I have little doubt Cronin will find a way to make it work.

Playing against Wichita State plus non-conference games against UCLA, Mississippi State, Xavier, and a rumored Florida neutral site game should be good prep for March. We gotta play strong competition if we ever want to jump over that Sweet 16 hurdle.

ManningOfSteel

The Sheriff
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckeyes.... ehh so not too confident. Hopefully they get out of this funk they've been in for a few years now.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of an era at Villanova.

Historically, Villanova has followed great classes with a few years of mediocrity/bubble level teams.

And I can see that being the case here even though they will be rated highly. Of course, I can also see us being at the same level, but it's not a given at all.

Almost every single recruit we have had since 2012 has panned out or exceeded expectations. That never continues...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of an era at Villanova.

Historically, Villanova has followed great classes with a few years of mediocrity/bubble level teams.

And I can see that being the case here even though they will be rated highly. Of course, I can also see us being at the same level, but it's not a given at all.

Almost every single recruit we have had since 2012 has panned out or exceeded expectations. That never continues...

I think Spellman will be a huge addition. Plus you'll have a healthy Booth this year. Nova will be a sure fire top 10 team next year. A core of Brunson, Bridges, Spellman, Booth, DiVincenzo and Pachal is a great core. And I think Jermaine Samuels will be a solid contributor as a freshman considering he is a top 50 kid. Plus Nova will have loads of experience, even having graduated 3 seniors. In a year where a lot of blue bloods will be young(Duke, UK, UCLA) that could play a big role come March.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good. Not good at all

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UConn is TBD.

Waiting for the end of the Tremont Waters saga and I"m getting optimistic about Sid Wilson.

But the fact that La Bamba has been working out with a current and a former UConn player is giving me a little hope for a flip.....

They're "incomplete" as of right now.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Spellman will be a huge addition. Plus you'll have a healthy Booth this year. Nova will be a sure fire top 10 team next year. A core of Brunson, Bridges, Spellman, Booth, DiVincenzo and Pachal is a great core. And I think Jermaine Samuels will be a solid contributor as a freshman considering he is a top 50 kid. Plus Nova will have loads of experience, even having graduated 3 seniors. In a year where a lot of blue bloods will be young(Duke, UK, UCLA) that could play a big role come March.

Yea, it could work out.

Chemistry will be a wild card. I'm only talking about the regular season too. Tourney is always a coin toss. But the regular season is more predictable.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers lost everyone but Happ who will be the NCAA POY next year. They have their best recruiting class ever coming in this year with 3 top 100 players. The best of them will be Kobe King at SG. With a name like that he better average 20 5 and 5 his first season. Since this team is very young they will have their ups and downs but like always they will peak come tournament time.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers lost everyone but Happ who will be the NCAA POY next year. They have their best recruiting class ever coming in this year with 3 top 100 players. The best of them will be Kobe King at SG. With a name like that he better average 20 5 and 5 his first season. Since this team is very young they will have their ups and downs but like always they will peak come tournament time.

He's gonna be in a dog fight for B10 POY with Miles Bridges.

But both should be contenders for both awards.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
39-1, would have been 40-0 if Swofford wasn't a commie and had the ACCT scheduled for Greensboro or Charlotte this year

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa should be top 5 Big Ten and a solid NCAA tourney team

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tide is looking pretty good for this year. We have Sweet 16 potential.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good. My Tar Heels are defending national champs. Should be a force again next yr.

So you're an Alabama football fan and a North Carolina basketball fan??

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will they replace their leader and best player?
Honestly Jok was a defensive liability and a ball stopper. I think he will make a NBA roster because he can shoot lights out but it wouldn't surprise me if Iowa is better without him. They certainly looked better without him last year when he was hurt. The young guys will get another year to develop and Iowa is loaded with shooters so they won't miss that part of Joks game

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Jok was a defensive liability and a ball stopper. I think he will make a NBA roster because he can shoot lights out but it wouldn't surprise me if Iowa is better without him. They certainly looked better without him last year when he was hurt. The young guys will get another year to develop and Iowa is loaded with shooters so they won't miss that part of Joks game

He sounds like Isaiah Thomas. Ball hog with no D. Iowa should be better but will be searching for a new leader. The entire BIG is a mystery again this year. From what I know many teams lost their best player.

Purdue: Lost their best player
Iowa: Lost their best player
Maryland: Lost their best player
Michigan: Lost their best player

Wisconsin: Lost 4 starters but not their best player and have best freshman class ever

Indiana: Lost their best player last year and were horrible

Northwestern: I believe they're keeping their key players
Minnesota: I believe they're keeping their key players as well.
MSU: I believe kept all their young talent

On paper Northwestern, MSU and Minnesota might be the top contenders for the reg season champ.

OSU, Illinois, PSU Rutgers, and Nebraska will have an up and down season but none should be in the top 5.

Big Ten Standing at the end of the season:

MSU
Northwestern
Purdue
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Maryland
Indiana
OSU
Nebraska