• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How good is Illinois??

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting at 40-6 right now, 16-1 in the B10. Typically the B10 is not a great baseball conference but this year the league has depth it hasnt had in quite some time. Are the Illini a legit national title contender??

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We suck at everything but now baseball we are solid. Go figure.

It's a dam shame how bad we are in basketball, but have one of the premier state high school basketball programs in the country.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how good the Big 10 is. In all honesty they are probably mediocre as a whole, but only losing 1 conference game is no fluke, especially not when you are riding a 21 game win streak. I'm sure they have played some good teams, but hell a team like Cal State Fullerton in a much smaller conferences plays just as if not a more difficult conference slate. Plus take a look back at those Cinderella tales the past few years. Can they make it to Omaha, maybe. Can they win it, no. The lights are going to be much brighter, and in 1 game there will probably be more fans at 1 game than they have played in combined all season long.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how good the Big 10 is. In all honesty they are probably mediocre as a whole, but only losing 1 conference game is no fluke, especially not when you are riding a 21 game win streak. I'm sure they have played some good teams, but hell a team like Cal State Fullerton in a much smaller conferences plays just as if not a more difficult conference slate. Plus take a look back at those Cinderella tales the past few years. Can they make it to Omaha, maybe. Can they win it, no. The lights are going to be much brighter, and in 1 game there will probably be more fans at 1 game than they have played in combined all season long.

This will be a twelling tournament for the B10 IMO, the league has 4 or 5 teams that should make the 64 team field 9 Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Ohio State and perhaps Nebraska ) while thats not great for some leagues it is for the B10. Itd be nice to see at least 1 team make it to Omaha.