• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by your logic if the cavs had won the finals the Lakers would be playing at home for Christmas?
if they were playing the Warriors still- yes in all likelihood.

if the Lakers win the championship this year they will def. be at home next year on Xmas.

hold on wait one minute...i gotta do something...

[LOL LOLHAHAHALOLOLOLHALHAOLOLHLOLLHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOl]

whew...sorry...soemthing came over me...sorry about that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they were playing the Warriors still- yes in all likelihood.

if the Lakers win the championship this year they will def. be at home next year on Xmas.

hold on wait one minute...i gotta do something...

[LOL LOLHAHAHALOLOLOLHALHAOLOLHLOLLHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOl]

whew...sorry...soemthing came over me...sorry about that.

Lol, are you a little bit upset that the cavs aren't being mentioned any more?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,948.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it may take the lakers a few years to jell like it did for the Cavs when the big 3 first got there. But I went with first round loss

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it may take the lakers a few years to jell like it did for the Cavs when the big 3 first got there. But I went with first round loss

I don't know. I very much doubt Luke is going to switch a lot around. The "core" guys of Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hart already know the system, as does KCP and Lebron is good enough to adapt to new surroundings in no time.

The other guys like Rondo, McGee, Beasley and Lance are all experienced players too who've played for multiple team and know how to fit in.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh...its mixed feelings in a way--- i dont want LeBron to harm his overall legacy and take away the argument of possibly being the best ever but i certainly do not want him to win a championship in LA.

i would laugh my ass off if they miss the playoffs though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frye on Lakers’ young core with LeBron: ‘There is no room for mistakes’

The #Lakers will have to change everything, because they’ll be playing the style LeBron James wants — and the young guys better adapt quickly, Channing Frye says. #NBA

I'm not sure I agree with this assessment. I understand that this is how it's been for pretty much his career, especially the past 8 years.

However, this is also a very different situation than when he went to Miami and when he returned to Cleveland.

In both cases, he was teaming up with 2 other all star caliber players and deep playoff runs/titles were the expectation.

This time, he is going to a team with a promising young core that has never even experienced being in a playoff race, let alone actually played in the playoffs.

I have a feeling that, since he agreed to come to the Lakers knowing that, he likely also agreed to play the Lakers system the way it's designed with lots of ball movement rather than anyone dominating the ball. I assume Lebron will have some autonomy to take over the offense when necessary (that's part of why you have star players) as well.

Assuming the above is true, I expect there will be some growing pains and there will be times when Lebron will take over the game when he doesn't need to and times where he won't when he probably should. All of that is part of the process of getting everyone on the same page.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree with this assessment. I understand that this is how it's been for pretty much his career, especially the past 8 years.

However, this is also a very different situation than when he went to Miami and when he returned to Cleveland.

This time, he is going to a team with a promising young core that has never even experienced being in a playoff race, let alone actually played in the playoffs.

the above bolded could absolutely be said about coming back to Cleveland as well--- Love, Kyrie, Waiters, TT etc....not one guy had been the playoffs and not one of them was over 26 if i am not mistaken- in fact- most were 23 or younger

THIS Lakers team has WAAAAAAY more playoff experience than that Cavs team that is for sure.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the above bolded could absolutely be said about coming back to Cleveland as well--- Love, Kyrie, Waiters, TT etc....not one guy had been the playoffs and not one of them was over 26 if i am not mistaken- in fact- most were 23 or younger

THIS Lakers team has WAAAAAAY more playoff experience than that Cavs team that is for sure.

The difference is that this young core is completely unproven, whereas Kevin Love was considered a top 10 player in the NBA at the time of the trade (top 15 at the very least). Kyrie was one of the most promising young players in the NBA too. Lakers don't have anything close to that, so it's much different situations.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that this young core is completely unproven, whereas Kevin Love was considered a top 10 player in the NBA at the time of the trade (top 15 at the very least). Kyrie was one of the most promising young players in the NBA too. Lakers don't have anything close to that, so it's much different situations.
in the sense that its a bunch of young guys with no playoff experience it is similar- although- I gotta think the Lakers have a lot more playoff experience than that first Cavs team dont ya think?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. Last I checked, Kyrie and Love were all stars. How many do the Lakers have?

Not really. The Cavs had 10 players with playoff experience, the Lakers have 6. In both cases, with the exception of Lebron, they were veteran role players at various stages of their careers, some of whom probably didn't/won't receive a whole lot of playing time.

Last edited: