• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you rank the strength of major conferences in 2018?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too sensitive. Michigan grad would have found a GIF with proper english
Terry Crews can spell things however he wants. I’m not going to tell him any different.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From top
SEC Bama UGA Auburn
ACC Clemson Miami FSU
Big 10 Ohio State Wisconsin Michigan State
Pac UW Stanford USC
Big 12 Oklahoma West Virginia TCU

based on middle
SEC Florida LSU Missouri
Big12 Texas Okst Kansas St
Pac Utah Arizona UCLA
Big 10 Northwestern Purdue Nebraska
ACC NCST WF Duke

Based on bottom
ACC Virginia North Carolina Syracuse
SEC Arkansas Vandy Tenn
Big 12 Kansas Baylor TT
Pac Oregon State Arizona State Colorado
BigTen Illinois Rutgers Indiana

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th place Big 12 has 30% of the conference as being a bad team and only 10% of the conference being a contender

I think you are underestimating the Big 12. Granted, for this season most of the teams have some rebuilding to do but, W. Virginia gonna be strong this year, Texas is going to be back on the National stage (I am going to burn in Hell for saying that) and Gary Patterson usually puts out something good every year. It remains to be seen if Iowa State was just a fluke last year and this year will tell and if Matt Rhule gets a couple more years with Baylor I think they will climb back out of the pit too. I would also add that the Big 12 if the only Conference that plays everyone (yea, size has something to do with it) but, in regular season Alabama and Georgia play what, once every four years?

Top to bottom, I think the Big 12 is stronger than most peeps think.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st place SEC two legit contenders, several schools that can do damage. Their perennial worst school, Vanderbilt, still went 5-7. Last I looked Baylor and Kansas stunk, Illinois and Rutgers stunk, Oregon State stunk

2nd place B1G has the most good teams and the most bad teams.

3rd place ACC one of their good teams farted a lot last year in Florida State, when you call one of their good teams a team that is coming off a 7-6 campaign, it does not say much for the conference

4th place Big 12 has 30% of the conference as being a bad team and only 10% of the conference being a contender.

5th place PAC 12 has a fake contender and 25% of the conference is a bad team

Good Teams as in competing for the four team playoff

B1G Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin
SEC Alabama, Georgia
Big 12 Oklahoma
PAC 12 Washington
ACC Clemson, Florida State

Wisconsin and Washington play the cupcake schedules

Bad Teams if these schools are on your schedule, you really are not worried about them

B1G Nebraska, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland
SEC Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Mississippi
ACC Syracuse, North Carolina, Virginia
Big 12 Kansas, Iowa State, Baylor
PAC 12 Oregon State, California, Colorado
How can the Pac12 have a 'fake contender' that you also list under 'good teams as in competing for the four team playoffs'? :lol:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
Does it make it better that I don’t believe Michigan State has a legit shot at the playoffs even with so many people high on the Spartans this year?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are underestimating the Big 12. Granted, for this season most of the teams have some rebuilding to do but, W. Virginia gonna be strong this year, Texas is going to be back on the National stage (I am going to burn in Hell for saying that) and Gary Patterson usually puts out something good every year. It remains to be seen if Iowa State was just a fluke last year and this year will tell and if Matt Rhule gets a couple more years with Baylor I think they will climb back out of the pit too. I would also add that the Big 12 if the only Conference that plays everyone (yea, size has something to do with it) but, in regular season Alabama and Georgia play what, once every four years?

Top to bottom, I think the Big 12 is stronger than most peeps think.

I think this is a down year in the Big12.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it make it better that I don’t believe Michigan State has a legit shot at the playoffs even with so many people high on the Spartans this year?
I would lay odds on the entire East of the Big10. They have 3 teams represented in the top 10 best odds to win the NC. Those odds seem way too high considering they all play eachother

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From top
SEC Bama UGA Auburn
ACC Clemson Miami FSU
Pac UW Stanford USC

based on middle
SEC Florida LSU Missouri
Pac Utah Arizona UCLA
ACC NCST WF Duke

Based on bottom
SEC Arkansas Vandy Tenn
Big 12 Kansas Baylor TT
Interesting demarcation there. Does Oregon fall between the Top/Middle, or the Middle/Bottom? :noidea:
And where the hell is Cal?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting demarcation there. Does Oregon fall between the Top/Middle, or the Middle/Bottom? :noidea:
Oregon would be between top and middle but closer to middle
cal middle to bottom I have them and WSU ahead of ASU because of Coaching and starters returning and such

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and more based on projection than last seasons results.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would lay odds on the entire East of the Big10. They have 3 teams represented in the top 10 best odds to win the NC. Those odds seem way too high considering they all play eachother
I think I saw one of those “too early” polls that had 4 Big Ten East teams in the top 12 or 13. I don’t really see Michigan State or Michigan as legit teams just yet.

If you send me to Vegas and tell me to lay bets on who wins that division and I’m not getting odds, I’m laying a hell of a lot more on OSU and PSU than on Michigan or MSU.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon would be between top and middle but closer to middle
cal middle to bottom I have them and WSU ahead of ASU because of Coaching and starters returning and such
I'd probably lump Cal into the bottom. I know they have a few signs of life, but it's just not going to be enough.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think you are underestimating the ACC. Clemson is a given. Miami should be strong. I think FSU bounces back with a good season under a new coach. VT is always solid.

I underestimated a lot of teams.

But Miami I had a reason. Mark Richt. Mark Richt coached Georgia to lots of wins, but Kirby Smart took Georgia to the Promised Land, with Richt recruits. Mark Richt never did that.

Initially, I had ACC in 2nd place, but switched when i thought about the 7-6 Florida State Seminoles.

I only included Wisconsin because i included Washington. Both play pansy schedules again, so they will be up there. Washington was dominated by Penn State in their bowl game, even though the score did not reflect it.

Wisconsin can't help that it plays in the crappy B1G West with six easy wins. Wisconsin will be tested with road games at Michigan and Penn State.

Washington's toughest game will be in Georgia against Auburn. The rest of their schedule is not tough, because the tough games are at home.

Last edited:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From top
SEC Bama UGA Auburn
ACC Clemson Miami FSU
Pac UW Stanford USC

based on middle
SEC Florida LSU Missouri
Pac Utah Arizona UCLA
ACC NCST WF Duke

Based on bottom
SEC Arkansas Vandy Tenn
Big 12 Kansas Baylor TT

Separating the sec would be:
Alabama, Georgia, Auburn
Miss St, South Carolina, Florida, A&M
LSU, Missouri, Kentucky, Ole Miss
Arkansas, Tennessee, Vandy

Maybe swap LSU and A&M

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw one of those “too early” polls that had 4 Big Ten East teams in the top 12 or 13. I don’t really see Michigan State or Michigan as legit teams just yet.

If you send me to Vegas and tell me to lay bets on who wins that division and I’m not getting odds, I’m laying a hell of a lot more on OSU and PSU than on Michigan or MSU.

Well, the real issue is I can't sell future bets. You can only buy them. That is the #1 reason you don't get them..

Michigan is interesting. Patterson is a legit QB. Defense is usually good. They seem like a nice dark horse NC contender. Unfortunately, Vegas has them as a proven commodity

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I underestimated a lot of teams.

But Miami I had a reason. Mark Richt. Mark Richt coached Georgia to lots of wins, but Kirby Smart took Georgia to the Promised Land, with Richt recruits. Mark Richt never did that.

Initially, I had ACC in 2nd place, but switched when i thought about the 7-6 Florida State Seminoles.

I only included Wisconsin because i included Washington. Both play pansy schedules again, so they will be up there. Washington was dominated by Penn State in their bowl game, even though the score did not reflect it.

Wisconsin can't help that it plays in the crappy B1G West with six easy wins. Wisconsin will be tested with road games at Michigan and Penn State.

Washington's toughest game will be in Georgia against Auburn. The rest of their schedule is not tough, because the tough games are at home.

I am not a big believer in Wisconsin. They are going to score pts and run over most teams. That QB still scares me. He tends to run hot and cold. Pass defense was a major strength last year. It's maybe a huge issue this year

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the real issue is I can't sell future bets. You can only buy them. That is the #1 reason you don't get them..

Michigan is interesting. Patterson is a legit QB. Defense is usually good. They seem like a nice dark horse NC contender. Unfortunately, Vegas has them as a proven commodity
With how disgustingly bad that offensive line was last year and losing arguably their top lineman, means Patterson is going to be running for his life A LOT unless something changes drastically. I would say it’s a better chance that Patterson is out for multiple games than it is for them to be in playoff contention.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na I hear ya. Just couldn't resist with the gif lol.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From top
SEC Bama UGA Auburn
ACC Clemson Miami FSU
Pac UW Stanford USC

based on middle
SEC Florida LSU Missouri
Pac Utah Arizona UCLA
ACC NCST WF Duke

Based on bottom
SEC Arkansas Vandy Tenn
Big 12 Kansas Baylor TT

From that list I think 'Cuse and Arky could surprise.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order of riches

1. SEC
1B. B1G

3. Big 12

4. ACC