• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you feel about former Dodgers?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about Dee Gordon, how he's a homegrown player, and that you know that he would do a backflip and buy his own plane ticket if he had the chance on returning to the Dodgers.

So then I was thinking back and I was trying to find, in my lifetime, Dodgers players that went on to play for other teams and that I ended up hating their guts or just rooting against in general. I haven't been able to come up with any so far.

I'm 28, so I've only really been aware of the Dodgers since about the mid-90s. Even then, I wasn't a die-hard fan, follow-every-game until I was in my late teens / early 20s.

So, just off the top of my head, I've tried to think of notable players that were beloved/notable Dodgers but then went on to play somewhere else for an extended amount of time:

Shawne Greene - or, as my father and I jokingly called him "Shawne-ukah" or "Shawne Kippur" for famously missing games due to his Jewish faith (we're bad people, I guess. Sorry. I don't hate Jews or Shawne). I only hated on him as a Met to give my sister a hard time, because she thought he was cute. Otherwise, always liked the guy.

Eric Gagne - Always felt bad for him. He was a shell of his ability on other teams, and the roids were soooooo obvious. He was nothing without the juice. Still, I really enjoyed GAME OVER, so I was never a hater.

Mike Piazza - He was my favorite player when I was little, so I could never bring myself to against him or feel bad if he made a good play against the Dodgers. I never was able to support his mullet, though.

Chan-Ho Park - I was at the game with my father when Chan-Ho gave up two grand slams in one inning to Fernando Tatis. The only time in my life I've been part of a standing ovation for an opposing player. We wanted him to hit that 2nd bomb. Anyways, I was always glad to face Chan-Ho because I never held him in a high regard due to that game (I was 12 years old).

Pedro Martinez - I just cursed the Dodgers for trading him. Every time. Dammit.

Paul Konerko - See Pedro

Adrian Beltre - At first, I was all Team-Plaschke and thinking "yeah screw that guy for chasing the bigger payday!" But then I was realistic (since I was starting to mature) and I realized that... No shit.. I would've chased the money too! Millions of extra dollars! To play the game I love! Duhh!!!! I'll never blame a player for signing for extra money unless they complain about losing since they signed with a shithole team. Anyways, instead, I'll blame the oodles-of-money Fox empire for not ponying up the money to re-sign Beltre.

Jonathon Broxton - I'm happy he left and went to the Royals, if only for this picture of his pants:

broxtonpants2.jpg

That's all I've got for now. I can think of more, but I've got things to do. I'll add more later. Please add your own, also add your own comments on the guys I've listed. Let's play nice in this thread.

Last edited:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike Pedro Martinez because he constantly talked shit about the Dodgers but other than that, can't think of anyone else. I was glad to see Gordon get a warm reception, I think we all enjoyed watching him play in Dodger Blue. He was my Mother's favorite player last year and she's been watching the Dodgers for 30+ years.