• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did Sampras replace his broken string?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand. He went to the change over bench, picked up something, then went back to the court.

How come he didn't have to replace his racquet?

Even if he got a replacement string part, how can he string it back on the racquet just like that? It's like he snapped something back. Doesn't he have to get it restrung?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand. He went to the change over bench, picked up something, then went back to the court.

How come he didn't have to replace his racquet?

Even if he got a replacement string part, how can he string it back on the racquet just like that? It's like he snapped something back. Doesn't he have to get it restrung?

LOL, he actually did change rackets. There was a racket leaning against his chair already unwrapped. He did it quickly so it looked like he just put it down and picked it up.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he picked up a new racquet, like mr lion said.

no quick fix for broken strings, and even if there were, a pro wouldn't do anything to compromise their game with anything like that.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, he actually did change rackets. There was a racket leaning against his chair already unwrapped. He did it quickly so it looked like he just put it down and picked it up.

he picked up a new racquet, like mr lion said.

no quick fix for broken strings, and even if there were, a pro wouldn't do anything to compromise their game with anything like that.

Ok, after watching it a bunch more times, now I see it. He does do it really quickly. And it also makes it harder to tell because of the ESPN caption at the bottom.

Now this makes sense.

Thanks.