• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How bout them roundballers!!!!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot selection was kind of shitty yesterday. Definitely disappointing.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a chance to move up in both the polls and in the Big 12. How does that Poppy math go? Being ranked in the top 10 and losing to an unranked Okie St is like the 2008 WVU football team losing to Colorado in overtime.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs gets a T and loses the game. Typical Huggs...

Another pathetic loss to add to the resume.

Lets count them...Temple 13-11 and 4-7 in the power house AAC...TT 16-7 and 4-6 in the Big12..lost at HOME to OU... 8-14 and 2 - in Big 12..Lost at KSU 16-7 ..5-5 in conference...and now a less than mediocre OSU 15-8 and 4-6 in Big 12 play comes into Morgantown and wins...apparently the 7 man rotation was too much for the Mountaineers to handle...

Does anyone see a pattern?..starting with Stephen F Austin?...why does this team feel it can take a day off when playing a team that shouldn't even be in the gym with them?....How about it DAD?...you bust DANA for Kansas and Iowa State a few years back and won't let it go...this is happening weekly with this team!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton,

Just remember this when talking to Poppy.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... DAD... what you got to say?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets count them...Temple 13-11 and 4-7 in the power house AAC...TT 16-7 and 4-6 in the Big12..lost at HOME to OU... 8-14 and 2 - in Big 12..Lost at KSU 16-7 ..5-5 in conference...and now a less than mediocre OSU 15-8 and 4-6 in Big 12 play comes into Morgantown and wins...apparently the 7 man rotation was too much for the Mountaineers to handle...

Does anyone see a pattern?..starting with Stephen F Austin?...why does this team feel it can take a day off when playing a team that shouldn't even be in the gym with them?....How about it DAD?...you bust DANA for Kansas and Iowa State a few years back and won't let it go...this is happening weekly with this team!
Slaton, I don't get it, either. We have a team that can manhandle Baylor, Kansas and Virginia, then lose in the waning seconds to OSU, Temple, KSU, etc.......Part is the kids reading the paper and thinking they can just show up and win, but Huggins has to take a hit too. Huggins needs to get the kids attention and keep them grounded, they get fired up and put effort into the game when they play the top shelf teams, and just go through the motions against mediocre teams. Basketball isn't football, we know there will be off days where the ball just won't drop, but it is maddening to see games given away by a lack of smart, hard play in the last two minutes!!!! By the way, NO basketball loss would or could come close to that football loss to Kansas!!!!!! Kansas has won 3 B12 games in the past six years, and one of those was IAST.......and was the only road win in the B12 since 2008, at IAST......... there is NO excuse for losing to them!!!!!!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, I don't get it, either. We have a team that can manhandle Baylor, Kansas and Virginia, then lose in the waning seconds to OSU, Temple, KSU, etc.......Part is the kids reading the paper and thinking they can just show up and win, but Huggins has to take a hit too. Huggins needs to get the kids attention and keep them grounded, they get fired up and put effort into the game when they play the top shelf teams, and just go through the motions against mediocre teams. Basketball isn't football, we know there will be off days where the ball just won't drop, but it is maddening to see games given away by a lack of smart, hard play in the last two minutes!!!! By the way, NO basketball loss would or could come close to that football loss to Kansas!!!!!! Kansas has won 3 B12 games in the past six years, and one of those was IAST.......and was the only road win in the B12 since 2008, at IAST......... there is NO excuse for losing to them!!!!!!!

I'm watching that game other night...and the Ahmad kid is an enigma...he clearly hurt that team on both sides for the floor and Huggins.....just let's him stay in the game...West...chucking the ball and silly fouls...you got to sit those kids down and look for others to step up...just crazy!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute Slaton, you gonna let DAD get away with saying there is no way a basketball loss would come close to the football loss to KU?

We're talking about a top 10 team losing to unranked opponents at home. Opponents who were 17 and 11 point dogs... right?

WVU went to Lawrence in '13 as a 4 win team. It had one healthy QB. It had 9 true FR/RS FR in the 2 deep for the defense. They lost nearly every starter on defense heading into that game.

You're gonna let that bullshit fly? Really?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand that he writes the same thing about basketball as he does for football but with football he will rant about how Dana should be fired. With basketball, he is apologetic about the whole lack of effort.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute Slaton, you gonna let DAD get away with saying there is no way a basketball loss would come close to the football loss to KU?

We're talking about a top 10 team losing to unranked opponents at home. Opponents who were 17 and 11 point dogs... right?

WVU went to Lawrence in '13 as a 4 win team. It had one healthy QB. It had 9 true FR/RS FR in the 2 deep for the defense. They lost nearly every starter on defense heading into that game.

You're gonna let that bullshit fly? Really?
Bullshit?????? I don't think so, my friend
Kansas B12 record.....
2009 1-7, beat IAST
2010 1-7 beat Colorado
2011 0-9
2012 0-9
2013 1-8 beat WVU
2014 1-8 beat IAST
2015 0-9
2016 beat Texas

NO basketball loss EVER could equal the complete melt down of WVU losing to Kansas in football, with a bowl game and winning season on the line, PERIOD. You want to bitch about losing to SFA last year in roundball, they won their league with an 18-0 league record, they were 26-8 overall....they lost by one point to a pretty good ND team in the second round of the NCAA, they had a pretty damn good young coach, who just happens to be the coach at a surging Oklahoma State team now........

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas B12 record.....
2009 1-7, beat IAST
2010 1-7 beat Colorado
2011 0-9
2012 0-9
2013 1-8 beat WVU
2014 1-8 beat IAST
2015 0-9
2016 beat Texas

NO basketball loss EVER could equal the complete melt down of WVU losing to Kansas in football, with a bowl game and winning season on the line, PERIOD. You want to bitch about losing to SFA last year in roundball, they won their league with an 18-0 league record, they were 26-8 overall....they lost by one point to a pretty good ND team in the second round of the NCAA, they had a pretty damn good young coach, who just happens to be the coach at a surging Oklahoma State team now........
So are you saying we should get a new basketball HC?

Motivation, Effort Continue to Bedevil WVU

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying we should get a new basketball HC?

Motivation, Effort Continue to Bedevil WVU

For real...

So, in '13 WVU finished 2-7. KU finished 1-8. Was WVU really that much better than KU?

This year, WVU men's basketball is 6-4. They lost to an OU team at home. OU is 2-8. WVU also lost at home to Okie St. Okie St is another sub .500 team... currently 4-6.

In '13, was there anyone outside of DAD who thought WVU was a top 25 team who shouldn't be losing to anyone?

I'm pretty sure most people not named DAD figured out WVU sucked when they nearly lost to William and Mary... or when they were blown out by MD... or blown out by BU...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas B12 record.....
2009 1-7, beat IAST
2010 1-7 beat Colorado
2011 0-9
2012 0-9
2013 1-8 beat WVU
2014 1-8 beat IAST
2015 0-9
2016 beat Texas

I don't know about that DAD...the Temple loss is ugly...and the HOME losses to to Okie State and OU are even worse..I would say its comparable! At least Wv Football lost those games on the road!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that DAD...the Temple loss is ugly...and the HOME losses to to Okie State and OU are even worse..I would say its comparable! At least Wv Football lost those games on the road!

I agree that the losses are comparable. The big difference is that in football, you do not get a second chance. Regular season losses mean so much less in basketball. The loss to Stephen F., Austin last year was worse than any of the losses we have had this year.

with a 4 team playoff in football, there is no room for error. With a 64 team field in bball, you can absorb bad losses and still make the field. A lower seed gives you a tougher path, but there is still a path.

This team has proven that they can beat anybody and also lose to anybody. I think the key is having Asa play up to his potential. If he plays like he did against Kansas in the tourney, we can beat anybody. If he plays like he did against OSU, expect another Stephen F. Austin type of outcome.

This team has exceeded the expectations I had for them so far. Losing Devin Williams last year was big. WE do not seem to have a go to big guy in the paint without him. I think that is part of the explanation as to why we cannot hold a lead

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it would help to not only look at the opponent, but look at the crowd favorite... WVU. Let's do that...

This year's basketball team has received a ton of love. It has been ranked as high as #7 in the AP poll, and currently sits at #2 in Sagarin and #3 in ESPN's BPI. Lost to 5 unranked teams to date... two of them at home. That in itself is inexcusable.

Bad losses to Temple (Sagarin #96, BPI #107), and OU (Sagarin #66, BPI #79).

Currently a differential for Temple of 94 and 104 spots respectively. OU... 64 and 76 (at home).

Let's compare this differential to the WVU football team. Those extraordinary... once in a lifetime... worse losses ever... KU and ISU.

In '13, Sagarin had WVU ranked #74 at season's end. 3-9 ISU was ranked #72. 3-9 KU was ranked #119. A differential of -2 for ISU and 45 for KU.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great article for everyone. I'm not sure DAD is smart enough to process the information it provides. We all know he won't admit to being an asshole who hates just to hate... who trolls just to troll.

By boy Slaton wants to act PC and talk to DAD like he's capable of reasoning... capable of admitting he is wrong. This article does not look at the defensive woe's facing WVU heading into the KU game. IMO, it gets right to the core of DAD's constant badgering that Dana was at fault for the loss to KU. Dana's offense

What's wrong with WVU's offense?

Due to injury, WVU had to start Paul Millard. While he was the starting QB for the first 2 games of the season, he had fallen to 3rd string behind Childress and Trickett.

As the article mentions, WVU lost 17 to injury heading into the KU game. 9 of these were starters.

WVU's defense gave up 315 rushing yards to a team that was dead last in the Big 12 in rushing.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some really great points from the article... I could have written this...

So what seems to be the issue? West Virginia fans have many theories:

1. A lack of motivation.
  2. The move to the Big 12 and greater talent level.
  3. Injuries -- 17 total against Kansas, including nine starters.
  4. The transience of the coaching staff (particularly assistants) who leave for "better" opportunities or because of a quick trigger finger (Bill Stewart).
  5. Poor recruiting, particularly by Bill Stewart, who "left the cupboard bare." Only 23 of 45 recruited players ended up enrolling under Stewart. This is felt the worst on the offensive line.
  6. Poor coaching. Some argue that while Dana is an Xs and Os genius, he "simply can’t coach" and doesn’t adjust his play calling to on-field results.

Look at those numbers for Bill Stewart!! Look at the reference to the OL!! He didn't even address the DL!! I asked DAD repeatedly to point out the DL who Billy recruited. He wouldn't do it. Too fucking coward to do so.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this conclusion!! I couldn't have written it better myself...

Just based on this game alone, Holgorsen and Dawson alone were not the problem. The offense, by packaging concepts together and allowing the quarterback to make post-snap reads, allowed for variation in run/pass/screen throughout the game, but none of these concepts were effective behind a porous line and inconsistent quarterback reads. Kansas cheated on short passes and inside runs without fear of being exploited in the deep pass game, but it wasn’t because of a lack of trying. As the last clip demonstrates, those attempts often ended in negative yardage plays.

As of right now, I believe it would be a mistake to overhaul the offensive staff. An accumulation of lackluster recruiting, graduated players, and injuries have depleted West Virginia’s roster. The current mishmash of players lacks consistency more than anything else, making Holgorsen’s job a difficult one. That said, he must work on the run game for the rest of the season and the off season in order to overcome his depth issues.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great article for everyone. I'm not sure DAD is smart enough to process the information it provides. We all know he won't admit to being an asshole who hates just to hate... who trolls just to troll.

By boy Slaton wants to act PC and talk to DAD like he's capable of reasoning... capable of admitting he is wrong. This article does not look at the defensive woe's facing WVU heading into the KU game. IMO, it gets right to the core of DAD's constant badgering that Dana was at fault for the loss to KU. Dana's offense

What's wrong with WVU's offense?

Due to injury, WVU had to start Paul Millard. While he was the starting QB for the first 2 games of the season, he had fallen to 3rd string behind Childress and Trickett.

As the article mentions, WVU lost 17 to injury heading into the KU game. 9 of these were starters.

WVU's defense gave up 315 rushing yards to a team that was dead last in the Big 12 in rushing.

PC!!??..:comeatmebro: