• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How bad is our training staff when...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rak can play 3 straight 16 game seasons ?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it was a shoddy Skins training staff or just bad luck on Rak's part. Either way and at this present time. While Rak still has the goods. I'm happy we went with RK over him as I feel RK is a better overall player and maybe a better pass rusher now. The stats seem to back that up though I have no idea ow many times Rak or RK rushed the passer or dropped back into coverage.

Anywoo, this, RK or Rak, was one of the few on the field decisions the Skins got right for a change.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it was a shoddy Skins training staff or just bad luck on Rak's part. Either way and at this present time. While Rak still has the goods. I'm happy we went with RK over him as I feel RK is a better overall player and maybe a better pass rusher now. The stats seem to back that up though I have no idea ow many times Rak or RK rushed the passer or dropped back into coverage.

Very true - they just need to get more consistency from P. Smith & perhaps bring back Gallette and/or Murphy. Having a healthy Allen & perhaps another solid DL certainly won't hurt.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orakpo sack totals are 7, 10 and 7. We pretty much already have that for a lower salary.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not saying we didnt make the right choice , we did and i was wrong about it . i was just throwing the training staff under the bus

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!? I can't believe we're talking about Brian Orakpo, here?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orakpo sack totals are 7, 10 and 7. We pretty much already have that for a lower salary.

Slightly disagree. Since Rak left we have thrown no less that 5 roster spots at the position to try and get that production. Murphy, Smith, Gallette, Bates, Andeson and Im sure I have left out a few. Now yes we would have needed depth as well. But much like WR, Safety and now apparently QB.... we have let some good (not great) players go in an effort to save a few cap dollars, and ended up spinning our wheels at thee positions for years.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly disagree. Since Rak left we have thrown no less that 5 roster spots at the position to try and get that production. Murphy, Smith, Gallette, Bates, Andeson and Im sure I have left out a few. Now yes we would have needed depth as well. But much like WR, Safety and now apparently QB.... we have let some good (not great) players go in an effort to save a few cap dollars, and ended up spinning our wheels at thee positions for years.

It was Orakpo or Cousin's. I thought you would have preferred Cousin's. :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Orakpo or Cousin's. I thought you would have preferred Cousin's. :D

Actually I would have kept Rak and Kirk, and Traded Bob and a 3rd rounder to the Browns for E.J. Bibbs. :thumb:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would have kept Rak and Kirk, and Traded Bob and a 3rd rounder to the Browns for E.J. Bibbs. :thumb:

So you would've let Ryan Kerrigan walk than. And someone has replaced Rak just fine. In the last 4 years Orakpo has 25 sacks with one double digit sack year. Ryan Kerrigan has 47 sacks over the last 4 years with 3 double digit sack seasons.

As for the 148 players who've tried to replace the old Ryan Kerrigan. 3 are on their rookie contracts and Galette, if they decide to keep him. Is in no position to demand a huge payday. Add up all their sacks and they'd have more than Orakpo and I bet their total salaries combined are a lot lower than Rak's.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would've let Ryan Kerrigan walk than. And someone has replaced Rak just fine. In the last 4 years Orakpo has 25 sacks with one double digit sack year. Ryan Kerrigan has 47 sacks over the last 4 years with 3 double digit sack seasons.

As for the 148 players who've tried to replace the old Ryan Kerrigan. 3 are on their rookie contracts and Galette, if they decide to keep him. Is in no position to demand a huge payday. Add up all their sacks and they'd have more than Orakpo and I bet their total salaries combined are a lot lower than Rak's.

Did you actually read what I posted?? I would have kept BOTH Rak and Kerrigan. Remember Kerrigan was in his third year. Still on his rookie contract. I just happen to think this team has a habit of getting rid of good players, claiming its cap related, and then throwing resources at the problem while said player has a solid career else where. As I said, we have thrown five or more bodies at the OLB spot to replace Rak. So the cap savings are minimal at best at this point. The roster spots and time we have used up are not.

If this were n isolated occurrence, I might say they did the right thing. But Rak, Morris, Clark... all Redskins drafted players that because they were not considered elite, we decided we needed to throw years and resources at the position instead.

Im curious to see how many more RBs we throw at the position because Alf wasnt good enough.

Correction, Kerrigan was in his 4th year. I still think they could have kept both had they wanted.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually read what I posted?? I would have kept BOTH Rak and Kerrigan. Remember Kerrigan was in his third year. Still on his rookie contract. I just happen to think this team has a habit of getting rid of good players, claiming its cap related, and then throwing resources at the problem while said player has a solid career else where. As I said, we have thrown five or more bodies at the OLB spot to replace Rak. So the cap savings are minimal at best at this point. The roster spots and time we have used up are not.

If this were n isolated occurrence, I might say they did the right thing. But Rak, Morris, Clark... all Redskins drafted players that because they were not considered elite, we decided we needed to throw years and resources at the position instead.

Im curious to see how many more RBs we throw at the position because Alf wasnt good enough.

Correction, Kerrigan was in his 4th year. I still think they could have kept both had they wanted.

Preston Smith, Trent Murphy, Galette and Anderson are thre bodies I've counted. Smith needs to become consistent, we'll have to see if Murphy's big year last season was all HGH-induced and Galette and Ander5son hzve been injured.

Ryan signed a 5 year 57 million with 23 million guaranteed or his guaranteed money is only 8 mill less than Rak's contract he signed with Tenn. Which was a 4 year 31 mill with 13.5 guaranteed.

Both were after that contract RK got. Just apply your KC logic to Rak. He gambled on himself and he lost. It didn't help that in the midst of Rak's worst season as a professional, or maybe 2nd worst. RK had the best year of his career. Basically this is the same thing that some posters feel about with Kirk. That he isn't worth elite QB money period and if they do pay him elite QB money. Not only will that be a bad investment in Kirk himself, but its gonna somehow someway adversely impact another aspect of the team because funds that could've went to shore that [particular area up. Is now going to Kirk.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preston Smith, Trent Murphy, Galette and Anderson are thre bodies I've counted.

You left out Bates, Trail and a few others in an attempt to find a stable OLB. And thats the thing, Rak didnt get "ELITE" Money. He got starter money, which is what he is, and what he would have been here.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out Bates, Trail and a few others in an attempt to find a stable OLB. And thats the thing, Rak didnt get "ELITE" Money. He got starter money, which is what he is, and what he would have been here.
I actually had no issue with letting RAK walk. He was coming off of two years of serious injuries. There was significant risk that he would never regain the production he enjoyed earlier in his career (which he hasn't). Now is still a good OLB? As a pass rusher, yes. Not great, but OK. But it could have very easily been a situation where he never made it back. The risk wasn't worth the reward for Rak 3 years ago.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give up - this system is acting fluky today. Keeps adding an extra QUOTE whenever I edit - arrghh.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We replaced Rak with Trent Murphy. TM is just as good when healthy.

We replaced Rak with Smith. PS is just as good as Rak.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't get elite money cuz he had the shittiest season of his career during his franchise tag year. You think he would've signed that deal when he was rated as the the #1 OLB in free agency? I don't and I'd bet dollars to donuts the Skins couldn't have made up a contract fast enough. If Rak's agent had said to them, "hey, I know my man is the #1 rated OLB is free agency right now, but just give us a 4 year 31 mill with 13.5 mill guaranteed deal and we'll call it a day."