• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How about that men's basketball team?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-1 and got their 1st win in Chapel Hill ever. I think this is the 1st time in a long time where Barnes is actually coaching like he did back in the day. When all of those guys transferred from last year's awful team, I really didn't care b/c those were some of the worst players I have ever seen play at The 40 Acres. They didn't buy into Barnes's system and Barnes said Adios. Also, has any other program owned UNC the way the Horns have lately?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hook 'em Horns! LOL at da holes:laugh3: Barnes hates uNC.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hook 'em Horns! LOL at da holes:laugh3: Barnes hates uNC.

Oh you aren't kidding. When he was at Clemson, Barnes nearly came to fistacuffs with Dean Smith.

John Feinstein's A March to Madness gets into the bad blood between Barnes and Smith.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stunner! Amazing job Barnes has done with the leftovers. Clearly, the players who left weren't fitting well with Barnes and causing dissention. I'm completely surprised with the performance of this year's Longhorns. Hopefully, Barnes will learn from his mistakes in recruiting the guys who left and only offer those who really want to play for Texas.
10-1! Nobody saw this coming.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rooting for you guys last night... got close at the end. Big guys are beast...but damn, they need to learn how to shoot free throws... 30% is ridiculous... my 9 year old daughter is shooting 57% and she has only been played maybe 3 months on a 10ft hoop.

Roy Williams was doing his best impression of a coach who cares last night... facial expressions, throwing the jacket, etc. It was beautiful.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncanny what a "certain to be fired Longhorn" coach can do with a fresh group of new faces that were not major players in struggling period.

There might be hope for Augie now!

Or, I am just being overly reactive to one solid win.

Hook Em

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team looks legit. Only loss is to a very good BYU team on the road in the last seconds. The ending score last night vs UNC was close - but the game never was until last couple minutes. Texas by far looked to be the better team.

We rebound well, we run, we hustle, we play team ball. Also, this young PG Taylor is the real deal. Best looking young PG I've seen on our team in years.

Exciting stuff. Can't wait for the Michigan State game.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncanny what a "certain to be fired Longhorn" coach can do with a fresh group of new faces that were not major players in struggling period.

There might be hope for Augie now!

Or, I am just being overly reactive to one solid win.

Hook Em

So true, Hornsstampede. Patterson was brought in b/c he wants to clean house. I wouldn't be surprised if he sat Barnes and Garrido down and said win, or you're gone in midseason. Augie had better get his head out of his ass and field a good team. I think winning at Temple was also a solid win, btw, for this young team. This Saturday will be another great game. Here's to beating State!

HOOK 'EM!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team looks legit. Only loss is to a very good BYU team on the road in the last seconds. The ending score last night vs UNC was close - but the game never was until last couple minutes. Texas by far looked to be the better team.

We rebound well, we run, we hustle, we play team ball. Also, this young PG Taylor is the real deal. Best looking young PG I've seen on our team in years.

Exciting stuff. Can't wait for the Michigan State game.

Hizzle, Taylor is the missing piece we have desperately needed since DJ left. These guys are also playing aggressive defense and playing AS A TEAM! Too many "me" players last year, thank goodness they transferred. It also helps that Patterson lit a fire under Barnes's ass......

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barnes' fire was lit when the transfers left and before Patterson was hired. He knew his job was on the line before the season started. It looks like he's got players that want to be part of a college team and aren't looking to the NBA.