• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Rockets - Utah Jazz Game Thread.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Favors to Cleveland for their Brooklyn pick.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell was missing at the rim by a centimeter in the first half

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Favors to Cleveland for their Brooklyn pick.

Cleveland is over the cap, they need to send something back that would be close in salary.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say Korver and the pick for Favors, but see that Korver is not available to trade for some reason.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say Korver and the pick for Favors, but see that Korver is not available to trade for some reason.

Korver is also playing too well to trade.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have minded Trevor Booker.

But I guess he's a pending FA too, so same situation as Favors.

My hope is for the current players to figure it out on the court, then worry about the offseason in the offseason.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is for the current players to figure it out on the court, then worry about the offseason in the offseason.

I don't think that is possible. Rubio, Favors, and Gobert cannot be on the floor together.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't run pick and rolls with them?

Rubio has been god awful. I wish you could have watched all his games this year. I was prepared for the poor shooting. Ironically, he is shooting better than he has over the course of his career. Defenders do not guard him at all. The Timberwolves game was embarrassing (watching his former team refuse to take a step towards him and watching brick after brick get launched). His assists are at career lows.

No one is leaving Rudy in a pick and roll. They are abandoning Rubio and just letting him shoot. And, Rudy's screen assists are AWOL now.

And, Favors, Rubio, and Gobert's defense hasn't been all that great either.

I think we have to stick with Gobert. I think he is playing really poorly right now, but have the belief that it is because he is coming back from an injury. I think he'll get back to form. I personally think he should have stayed out longer to heal completely. But, maybe he was worried about the kinetic energy and success of the lineup as it was rolling without him (didn't want to get left off the train). The offense for 10 games was beautiful. Favors was playing beast mode. The difference is night and day, Favors with Gobert and Favors without Gobert.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was synergy with Favors, Jerebko, Ingles, Alec, Thabo, and Mitchell. They were showing as ball movers. Gobert, Hood, Johnson are ball stoppers. And, I see Rubio as more of a stopper. He dribbles a lot and I'm not seeing the play making that I had anticipated. Lots of turnovers.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio has been god awful. I wish you could have watched all his games this year. I was prepared for the poor shooting. Ironically, he is shooting better than he has over the course of his career. Defenders do not guard him at all. The Timberwolves game was embarrassing (watching his former team refuse to take a step towards him and watching brick after brick get launched). His assists are at career lows.

No one is leaving Rudy in a pick and roll. They are abandoning Rubio and just letting him shoot. And, Rudy's screen assists are AWOL now.

And, Favors, Rubio, and Gobert's defense hasn't been all that great either.

I think we have to stick with Gobert. I think he is playing really poorly right now, but have the belief that it is because he is coming back from an injury. I think he'll get back to form. I personally think he should have stayed out longer to heal completely. But, maybe he was worried about the kinetic energy and success of the lineup as it was rolling without him (didn't want to get left off the train). The offense for 10 games was beautiful. Favors was playing beast mode. The difference is night and day, Favors with Gobert and Favors without Gobert.

I really think the easy schedule had something to do with it. They only played 2 - 3 playoffs teams in a 11 game stretch without Gobert. And even with that, it was only a 7-4 record.

The Jazz usually have an easier first half schedule anyways. The year they made the playoffs in 2006-2007, they started 12-1.

A few years later, another strong start.

Other teams, like the Bulls, usually have a long road trip in November, so their schedule gets easier later on.

The Clippers are another team with a easier first half, before their Grammy's road trip in February where they have a 6 - 9 game road trip. The Clippers have had strong starts with strong Novembers and Decembers in a lot of the past 6-7 years. Then it gets a lot harder in February.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was synergy with Favors, Jerebko, Ingles, Alec, Thabo, and Mitchell. They were showing as ball movers. Gobert, Hood, Johnson are ball stoppers. And, I see Rubio as more of a stopper. He dribbles a lot and I'm not seeing the play making that I had anticipated. Lots of turnovers.

You're right, Rubio's 3.1 turnovers are too much for a team that doesn't have much margin.

As for ball stoppers, I don't mind some of them, Joe Johnson helped win a few playoffs games last year.

Maybe Rubio and Johnson need to come off the bench (Johnson already does).

How about Gobert, Favors, Jerebko, Ingles, Mitchell in the starting lineup.

Hood, Johnson, Rubio, Burks off the bench.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop missing threes,Mitchell. I get that we don't want to stop taking them when you are building confidence... but make them. I'm tired of 1-7 nights. I'm hoping he finishes 5-11.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-35, 4-21 (3s). Stupid Mitchell, Ingles, and Crowder shooting. I mean, adding Jerebko and O'Neale's 2-6 would improve their percentage!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-35, 4-21 (3s). Stupid Mitchell, Ingles, and Crowder shooting. I mean, adding Jerebko and O'Neale's 2-6 would improve their percentage!

Does this post belong in the "Worst Team In Sports" thread? They played like it by losing the lead.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this post belong in the "Worst Team In Sports" thread? They played like it by losing the lead.

No, only because Houston is one of the best teams in the league and we've beaten most of the rest. We have beaten Cleveland, San Antonio three times, Toronto, Golden State, Boston, etc. There was a graphic on the TV when we had 28 wins saying that we had 19 wins against teams above .500. I think that does not speak well for games against those below 500, but I can't put them in the worst category right now. We have won 12 of 14 and 14 of 18 or something. I'm going to the Timberwolves game this Friday so they better win that one.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, only because Houston is one of the best teams in the league and we've beaten most of the rest. We have beaten Cleveland, San Antonio three times, Toronto, Golden State, Boston, etc. There was a graphic on the TV when we had 28 wins saying that we had 19 wins against teams above .500. I think that does not speak well for games against those below 500, but I can't put them in the worst category right now. We have won 12 of 14 and 14 of 18 or something. I'm going to the Timberwolves game this Friday so they better win that one.

Thanks.

I thought you might take it more personal, losing to Houston, since you don't like them. ;)

Thanks for the heads up.

The Minnesota game is also on ESPN! So I can watch along with you!

Do you know your overall lifetime record at Jazz games?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

I thought you might take it more personal, losing to Houston, since you don't like them. ;)

Thanks for the heads up.

The Minnesota game is also on ESPN! So I can watch along with you!

Do you know your overall lifetime record at Jazz games?

I don't know how many games I have gone to, but I know we have not lost a single one when I went. Multiple, we lost multiple games when I went. I went to most during the Eisley and Ostertag days, so I know I have a winning record.