• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

House Cleaning Begins

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone mind if I make a comment about "Housecleaning"?

CBS.Com is reporting that Elway is in "trade" mode. He's looking to get rid of Talib and save $11M in cap space, CJ Anderson to save $4.5M in cap space and either Emmanual Sanders or Demaryius Thomas to save more. They say it's so he can afford to go out and get a QB. No names, but that sounds like $25M-30M a year for Kirk Cousins , to me.

If Elway does get rid of Talib, Anderson, and one of the WR, where does that put the Broncos? I'm not as close as you guys, but I'd really like to hear your opinions. Think he'd trade Talib back to the Patriots??? Butler isn't resigning.

Thanks guys.....

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most GMs say they would not give up a pick for Talib since he has only $1mm in dead money
Denver would save $11 MM if they cut him
I hope they keep Talib
Would not trade him to NE

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sanders is gone no matter what but if we get rid of Talib I can see us keep Anderson, we already have a good amount of cap space and so if Sanders and Talib are gone I can see Anderson staying. Unless Elway thinks he can get Cousins and then also Barkley in the draft to replace Anderson.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to over the cap
Started with $28MM
Cut Watson, CJ Anderson, Sanders
Restructured DT and Talib
Resigned Paradis, Barret, Latimer, Harris

Came away at $44 MM

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to over the cap
Started with $28MM

Came away at $44 MM

Definitely doesn't take a whole lot of moves for the Broncos to add some decent cap space.

Broncos and Dolphins have a trade in place at hte moment to send Anderson to the Dolphins and JuWan James to the Broncos.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely doesn't take a whole lot of moves for the Broncos to add some decent cap space.

Broncos and Dolphins have a trade in place at hte moment to send Anderson to the Dolphins and JuWan James to the Broncos.

I'd be ok with that, James is still young and while he lacks some strength he has pretty decent run and pass blocking skills.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with that, James is still young and while he lacks some strength he has pretty decent run and pass blocking skills.

When healthy I would call him a top-10 RT in the league. Huge upgrade at least over what we have had at the position for a while. And especially if we go the rookie QB path I would rather have a veteran on that side of the ball.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per spotrac James' contract expires but there is a 5th year option for $9.34. If we make the trade with a new deal being a contingency I would be ok with it. Otherwise would he be a UFA or RFA? I don't remember the rules. I am thinking he would be a RFA.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gase for some reason loves the fat RB.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to over the cap
Started with $28MM

Came away at $44 MM
Correct if I'm wrong - but thought I read that Talib said he wouldn't restructure.

(which I would expect. Why should he?)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about CJ, he played great the year we won the big one

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LGM, did you hold another class on spreading cheer? If so I must of missed my invite. :dhd:

Reactions: LGM

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos and Dolphins have a trade in place at the moment to send Anderson to the Dolphins and JuWan James to the Broncos.

I have heard nothing about this. Where is this coming from?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ja'wuan James has a cap hit of $9,341,000, with one year remaining on his contract. Miami is trying to get him to agree to a multi year deal to get his cap hit lower. I would hope if we trade for him we would do the same instead of taking the 9 mil plus cap hit for this year... I mean we won't keep a pro bowl CB for 11 mil to save money. James was playing pretty good before his groin injury.

I've been expecting CJ to end up in Miami since we came to the conclusion this year he probably won't be back here. The trade makes some since not sure about the 9 mil plus cap hit making much sense for us though. James is good but he isn't all-pro.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ja'wuan James has a cap hit of $9,341,000, with one year remaining on his contract. Miami is trying to get him to agree to a multi year deal to get his cap hit lower. I would hope if we trade for him we would do the same instead of taking the 9 mil plus cap hit for this year... I mean we won't keep a pro bowl CB for 11 mil to save money. James was playing pretty good before his groin injury.

I've been expecting CJ to end up in Miami since we came to the conclusion this year he probably won't be back here. The trade makes some since not sure about the 9 mil plus cap hit making much sense for us though. James is good but he isn't all-pro.

The Broncos just need to sprinkle that fairy dust under his nose for a new contract. I think the Broncos are serious about making a good run at Cousins too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Juwan James thing I brought up won't be reported anywhere at this time. That is just something I was told by somebody well connected to the team. Adam Gase and CJ Anderson are still really good friends and of course with our RB's Coach going to Miami the connection makes a ton of sense. As for James the Dolphins have been thinking about cutting him anyway because of the salary cap so might as well make sure they secure their guy in Anderson and the Broncos secure their guy in James.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is Elway would rather head into the draft with as many questions answered as possible. So if they get Cousins like many suspect now and can add James then that answers maybe the two biggest questions on the team heading into the draft. Gives them some freedom to even go defense with the 1st round pick, trade back, or say add a Barkley/Nelson to the offense. My guess is though they would either have to cut some major talent like a Talib to make that work cap wise or have Cousins take a 1st year cap hit that is somewhere closer to the $15 million type range.