• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

House Cleaning Begins

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly after the announcement that Vance Joseph will coach the Broncos next year, the assistant coach house cleaning began. Not surprising that most of these names come from the offensive side of the ball. I was a little surprised to see them let Eric Studesville go, as he's been on the staff for a long time and is well liked by players. This level of coach upheaval is probably a precursor of things to come when it comes to player personnel in the off season.

All let go today:
  • Offensive line coach Jeff Davidson
  • Special teams coordinator Brock Olivo
  • Wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert
  • Running backs/assistant head coach Eric Studesville
  • Outside linebackers coach Fred Pagac

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also announced that D coordinator Joe Woods and O coordinator Bill Musgrave are safe and will return in their respective roles in 2018.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise on Olivo. Special Teams were bad this year. Davidson helped with run blocking improvement but we had 2 online coaches too. Von really like Pages.

Need some quality hires at Oline (if we hire another one) and Special Teams Coordinator.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised about Studesville.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised about Studesville.

CJ Anderson sent out a tweet shortly after Studesville was canned saying "this is bullshit" or something to that effect. A few players voicing some displeasure on social media today.

What do they expect with a 5-11 record and multiple embarrassing losses? The Broncos are not going to mess around in trying to fix this problem and climb out of the pit of misery.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Anderson sent out a tweet shortly after Studesville was canned saying "this is bullshit" or something to that effect. A few players voicing some displeasure on social media today.

What do they expect with a 5-11 record and multiple embarrassing losses? The Broncos are not going to mess around in trying to fix this problem and climb out of the pit of misery.

Sure. That's why I agree with getting rid of Olivo. His unit was shit, and I don't know how much input he had on which players were the return guys but McKenzie was a joke. I also have no love for our O-Line coach because the O-Line has been shit for a while. I don't know who is responsible for the bullshit staffing of our O-Line but I got sick of watching Garcia get his shit pushed in over and over. So those guys can kiss my ass as they clean out their offices and leave the compound.

I don't know how long that WR coach has been around. Latimer looked better. Taylor looked better. I thought Hunter Sharp showed promise but the Giants stole him from us. McKenzie's a fucking moron so I don't blame the coach too much there. That's a questionable decision. I also don't know how long the OLB coach has been around. Maybe they blame him for not magically turning DeMarcus Walker from a DE into a OLB, I don't know. That's also questionable to me.

Studesville has been around a long time and has been well respected. I think our current RB's are fine. Charles was kind of a wasted signing but it was low risk, and not really up to Studesville. What our RB's need is an O-Line that doesn't fold in the middle like a two dollar plastic tent. They could also use a QB that chases Defenses off of the LOS with mid to deep ball accuracy. I don't agree with firing Studesville.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t like the Studesville firing but some of these others I agree needed to happen. I guess they’re going to let Musgrave stock the shelves with his guys.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Bobby Turner doing now a days

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dilly Dilly

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year we will be 0-16

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year I was off by 2 games at the guess 3-13

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coach sucks !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this move I would build the OL and Pass Rush in next years draft . Pick the best prospect OL or DL respectfully ..

We will have the #1 pick next year .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Studesville was a well liked guy. The Giants are interviewing him for their coaching job. Rooney rule and likely an inside friends trying to get him some pub as he use to coach the RB's there well before he was here, but just an overall well liked guy who has been retained by several different coaching staffs here and worked as an interim coach when McDaniels was fired here..

CJ just respects him a lot. Probably a tough guy for some to see go. But I think it was time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about out Scouts and Personnel dept. The guys giving him advice need to go otherwise the coaches are just scapegoats.

Get some talent in the draft. Those 2nd round misses suck

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- Growing tired of draft poorly.

I think as a fan it sucks even 10 times more when you don't like the picks in the first place (not so much last year) but the years before) esp the Ty Sammy/Heuerman draft.

Heuerman had 9 catches this year. Ty Sammy was sent to Atlanta.

You're always gonna miss, every team, every person does it. But so many and so much reaching.

Last year I liked Demarcus Walker as a player in rd 2, but not really in our system. Wasn't expecting that. I overlooked the position fit for the player, maybe he will turn out better next year. Just don't see how he really fits for us.

I feel like often Denver will take a player I like but a round or two earlier then I expect it so I can overlook it a bit, but Ty Sammy and Heuerman were just brutal to me.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- Growing tired of draft poorly.

I think as a fan it sucks even 10 times more when you don't like the picks in the first place (not so much last year) but the years before) esp the Ty Sammy/Heuerman draft.

Heuerman had 9 catches this year. Ty Sammy was sent to Atlanta.

You're always gonna miss, every team, every person does it. But so many and so much reaching.

Last year I liked Demarcus Walker as a player in rd 2, but not really in our system. Wasn't expecting that. I overlooked the position fit for the player, maybe he will turn out better next year. Just don't see how he really fits for us.

I feel like often Denver will take a player I like but a round or two earlier then I expect it so I can overlook it a bit, but Ty Sammy and Heuerman were just brutal to me.

In the draft room from last year, I'd fired anyone (Ari Gold style ) who said they liked Booker over Kamara. Not sure the infatuation with Booker but it was a running theme throughout the telecasts this year. I don't see anything in Booker that is not on any NFL roster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Booker but agree on Kamara. Kamara is a rare type of RB that we never seem to grab when they are their for the taking.

Booker is a good receiver who could start with a good OL. He isn't a rare type of RB but makes for a good RB with good supporting cast around him. Totally different type of RB then Kamara as Booker is a power guy who is a cut and go guy, Kamara makes you miss and has big play ability. They are the same in that they are both good receivers out of the backfield, but way different running styles.

Kamara was everything we dang near needed on offense. A playmaker.

If we had Kamara and Booker going into this next season I'd be feeling real good about them after a fixed OL...

Really we need to also be thankful our OL isn't in as bad of a place as it was a year ago... It needs work but last year at this time it was UGLY!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Booker but agree on Kamara. Kamara is a rare type of RB that we never seem to grab when they are their for the taking.

Booker is a good receiver who could start with a good OL. He isn't a rare type of RB but makes for a good RB with good supporting cast around him. Totally different type of RB then Kamara as Booker is a power guy who is a cut and go guy, Kamara makes you miss and has big play ability. They are the same in that they are both good receivers out of the backfield, but way different running styles.

Kamara was everything we dang near needed on offense. A playmaker.

If we had Kamara and Booker going into this next season I'd be feeling real good about them after a fixed OL...

Really we need to also be thankful our OL isn't in as bad of a place as it was a year ago... It needs work but last year at this time it was UGLY!

We may not have Kamara and while obviously not the same talent level I’ve seen enough to know that DeAngelo Henderson fits that role very well. What we should’ve done is had him in a Jamaal Charles role the whole season so we could get a much better lool than just the last game of the year but I’m confident with Booker and Henderson next year if we do cut CJ.