• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank 432 (2015)

A whole lotta what.the.fuck in this movie. Honestly had a hard time figuring out what was going on, even 30mins in I was still grasping for straws. There's no background or plot building so you're basically thrust into a crazy scenario of survival trying to piece together clues of what is happening with a strange band of characters (soldiers, prisoners, & civilians) that are fleeing from some crazy alien creatures. This must have been what it felt like to wake up on the alien planet in the movie Predators lol. Except the storyline is much more incoherent, and lacks any sort of strong points that you can reflect on. Aside from every curse word in the English dictionary (mainly the word F*ck), the dialogue was almost non-existent, and even the parts you could pick out didn't really make sense. After a while I stopped trying to listen and that led to me not even paying attention. The climax felt like there was some sort of twist or "ah-ha!" moment, but frankly I was too lost to comprehend it. The only thing I found remotely cool were the creatures, but even they couldn't save this mess. The filming & acting were awful. Don't waste your time with this one.

Incoherent mess... 2/10

Hey, looks a lot like my ex wife! :pound::pound::pound:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
House of Dust (2013)

This film was missing some pieces, which I believe was mainly due to budgeting issues, but its a decent cheap thriller. The pacing was where it lacked the most. It did a decent job of upping the suspense throughout the movie, but failed to maintain it in between. Definitely would have benefited from more money in the cgi/fx department because a lot of their scare tactics relied on cloak & dagger styled shadow movements. But they did a good job with it, only 1 or 2 cheesy moments. The story was pretty generic of most possession type thrillers, but it did a good job of presenting some newish material in the form of an interesting & well-thought-out backstory, as well as a decent ending that didn't upset. The cinematography, production values & acting were all solid. Loved some of the use of the bleached lighting elements to really highlight the 'shadows'. Inbar Lavi was easy on the eyes, and performed well. Most broads cast in these types of roles fail miserably, but thankfully she didn't. Not going to rock your world, but like I said, decent entertainment for low budget horror. Definitely watchable & enjoyable for the most part.

Lacks pace, but decent low budget horror... 6.5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broken (2008)

Really tough to review this one. To the point, its a strange thought-provoker that is difficult to connect the dots. What starts out as a promising psychological thriller sort of ends up as a haphazard mess offering almost no explanations for any of the utter lunacy the film has presented, forcing the viewer to strain in order to fabricate even the most unlikely hypotheses. The writer or director was going for one of those symbolic/metaphoric approaches where almost every strange occurrence (whether focal or not) has more meaning than what you might have first perceived (water leaking, broken items, etc). I don't mind a few unanswered questions so long as the major plot elements of a film arrive at a reasonable destination, but not many elements at all offer help to formulate any conclusions. In other words, you won't really understand what's going on until you're given the climax, and from that you have to figure out what it all meant. Maybe after some further digestion or views I may be able to call it the "abstract and cerebral masterpiece" that most reviews have called it. One things for sure though, its a beautifully made movie. Everything from the cinematography to the score, and all the technicals in between. Acting was superb. Lena Headey, Ulrich Thomsen, Richard Jenkins, and many others had great performances. Which leads me to why this is such a hard movie to review. I wouldn't call it a great movie because its a head scratcher, but its a good movie in that it was well made. Are we confused yet?

Beautiful yet flustering... 6.5/10

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got around to Shut In, wasn't a fan. The decision making was too much "horror movie logic" and the character development was nonexistent. Nothing truly frightening, kinda clichéd and the pacing felt way off the whole time, never settled into a rhythm.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got around to Shut In, wasn't a fan. The decision making was too much "horror movie logic" and the character development was nonexistent. Nothing truly frightening, kinda clichéd and the pacing felt way off the whole time, never settled into a rhythm.

It appears you aren't the only one to not like it... So far this movie has been getting awful reviews.

And I'm sure its already been covered, but the movie "Shut in".:L
Mother of Baby Jesus did that suck ass. Hour of pointless scenes followed by one of the dumbest twists I can recall in a long time. :doh::facepalm5: Makes zero fucking sense.

Might have to drink a handle prior to viewing this garb!

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears you aren't the only one to not like it... So far this movie has been getting awful reviews.

Might have to drink a handle prior to viewing this garb!
I like Naomi Watts. She's a good actor, but no actor could have saved this bad of a screenplay. You can tell the writer simply just thought of the "twist", then just added and hour or so of garbage to try and get to it. Shit rips off The Shining at every chance it gets too.

And when you do finally get to the reveal, you'll laugh your ass off on how incredibly stupid it is, and how it makes absolutely no sense.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Naomi Watts. She's a good actor, but no actor could have saved this bad of a screenplay. You can tell the writer simply just thought of the "twist", then just added and hour or so of garbage to try and get to it. Shit rips off The Shining at every chance it gets too.

And when you do finally get to the reveal, you'll laugh your ass off on how incredibly stupid it is, and how it makes absolutely no sense.
So to recap...
  • No character development
  • Not scary
  • Suspense is non-existent due to horrible pacing
  • Hours of pointless garbage/scenes with stupid decision making
  • Filled with clichés & is a blatant rip-off
  • Laughably stupid twist/reveal
How many Academy Awards did this pile get nominated for?

:lol:

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to recap...
  • No character development
  • Not scary
  • Suspense is non-existent due to horrible pacing
  • Hours of pointless garbage/scenes with stupid decision making
  • Filled with clichés & is a blatant rip-off
  • Laughably stupid twist/reveal
How many Academy Awards did this pile get nominated for?

:lol:
Oh, I forgot. If you love lots of overextended Skype scenes. This movie is also for you!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I forgot. If you love lots of overextended Skype scenes. This movie is also for you!

Take a shot for every false jump scare and dream sequence. :drink:

1121.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From A House On Willow Street (2017)

Don't be duped by the 8/10 rating on IMDB... It is young, give it some time to settle down into the 4ish territory. It doesn't take long for you to realize it either once you start watching it. About 10 minutes or so I'd say. This movie came off as a sad & desperate attempt at a thriller. Decent cinematography & good cgi/fx budget (pretty crazy & cool lookin ghosts), but that's about all I can say that was positive. The rest was just awful. The acting was miserable, the characters were laughable, the progression was all over the place, sub par story, predictable, and loads of character stupidity. Someone clearly thought some of their cgi/fx were the shit because they overplayed the hell out of 'em. The jedi-esque force chokelift, and for the lack of a better term, the tongue-ing. Both were cool in limitation, but they used both almost every 5 seconds during the "suspenseful" portion before the climax. Also be prepared to laugh your ass off at the "tongue party" during said climax lol. I think we can lump this pile of garbage in with Shut In as forgettable 2017 horror clichés. Hard pass gentlemen.

Laughable cliché-filled garbage... 3/10

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailbiter

p9196680_d_v8_aa.jpg

I've got conflicting feeling on this one; The acting wasn't great, the special effects and makeup weren't either (it looks like they spent most of their budget on the opening tornado scene)...but the story was good, as was the directing; I kept thinking about the first time I ever watched Romero's first Night of the Living Dead. This movie gave me some of that same scary, creepy vibe. My verdict: If you overlook the above mentioned and focus on the story, you might be pleasantly surprised.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailbiter

p9196680_d_v8_aa.jpg

I've got conflicting feeling on this one; The acting wasn't great, the special effects and makeup weren't either (it looks like they spent most of their budget on the opening tornado scene)...but the story was good, as was the directing; I kept thinking about the first time I ever watched Romero's first Night of the Living Dead. This movie gave me some of that same scary, creepy vibe. My verdict: If you overlook the above mentioned and focus on the story, you might be pleasantly surprised.
Never heard of this one! Thanks for the rec! :suds:

Looks like there's a part 2 "in development".

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indigenous was pretty good @FaCe-LeE-uS , thanks for the rec.

And have you seen REC? Not really a monster movie but a good horror film. One of those films I actually had to pause and get the shivers out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indigenous was pretty good @FaCe-LeE-uS , thanks for the rec.

And have you seen REC? Not really a monster movie but a good horror film. One of those films I actually had to pause and get the shivers out.
The Spanish version of the Quarantine movies IIRC? There are 3-4 of the REC movies, but only 2 Quarantines.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spanish version of the Quarantine movies IIRC? There are 3-4 of the REC movies, but only 2 Quarantines.

Yes the Spanish version of Quarantine, have you seen it? Thoughts? I thought it was the most scary zombie movie I've seen ever!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Spanish version of Quarantine, have you seen it? Thoughts? I thought it was the most scary zombie movie I've seen ever!
Yea it was damn good. Not sure if I have seen any of the other 3 though. Loved the 1st Quarantine movie as well, 2nd was ok.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda cool...looks like it generated enough buzz.

The director, Patrick Rea, looks to be a true Horror fan working his way up...

Patrick Rea - IMDb
At first glance I'm not recognizing anything from his works. Meaning I've got a lot of new material! :plotting:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first glance I'm not recognizing anything from his works. Meaning I've got a lot of new material! :plotting:

49 directing credits since early 2000's, but almost all are shorts.

Where are you able to find works like this? Maybe youtube?