• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched 2 movies today. Crush The Skull was more of a thriller than a horror movie. It's one of those claustrophobic, trapped by a killer type movies with a lot of comedy mixed in. Decent movie just really hateable decision making by characters.

The Innkeepers was a slow burn but completely worth it. Characters were likeable and believable, it had a great mix of jump scares plus legitimate creepiness.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Keeping up with the Kardashians" is the ultimate horror show.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched it and I agree with your take. It is a pretty good movie that builds well. A good 7.5+ in my book. It would be a great companion piece to Bite which I reviewed awhile back (started very slow but finished very good.)

So I checked out the sequel: Contracted Phase 2.

Picks up right where the first one leaves off. Follows the now infected wannabe boyfriend from the first movie. A solid horror movie but a step below the first one. The character development that made the first one so good was a bit off and the plot wasn't as strong (Seriously, just like Bite and the first Contracted, why the f cant these people get to a hospital before everything goes completely to shit?!?). This was more of a straightforward zombie type movie so it didn't feel as fresh as the first.

I'll go 6-6.5 range.

There is a rumor of Contracted Phase 3. I guess that would be a full on z-pocalypse, but nothing firm on it yet.
Spot on.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neverknock (2017)

neverknock-2017-syfy-horror-film-movie.jpg

The Skinny: Kids go knockin' on a door they wasn't a'sposed ta be knockin' on.

My Take: Lol, keep on knockin'! The quality of this movie surprised me...even more so when I found out it was a made-for-Syfy Channel job. Good story, well acted and decent enough special effects and scares. I could quibble that the creature was just a tad on the hokey side, but no matter. Imo, this movie is miles above stuff like Wrong Turn, the Friday the 13th remake and the like. I recommend. :thumb:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @FaCe-LeE-uS , do you have a list of your reviews or anything like that? I always like to check yours afterwards to see if we are either on the same page or way off...just wondering if there's an easier way besides going back through the thread to look.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just when I'm giving Syfy all the props in the world, I run across...
The Sandman (2017)

Screen-Shot-2017-09-21-at-8.51.58-AM.jpg

The Skinny: Kid has powers that enable monsters from her nightmares come to life and kill anyone who tries to mess with her.

My Take: No. Just, no. I made it through an hour and finally gave up when the social worker broke every rule in the book and, even more irritatingly, couldn't make any action she took look even remotely justified. Bad writing, bad acting.

Sidenote: this was exec-produced by Stan Lee. The 60s and 70s were a long time ago. 'Nuff said.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched "The Hatred" recently. A semi low budget haunting movie about a dickhole former nazi who is hiding out in rural US and raising a family. But he has so little tolerance for anyone that does not follow his way that he offs his daughter when she rebels against him. Fast forward 20-30 years and the family farmhouse is newly opened b-n-b. The owners take off for some r-n-r and thier friend of the family and her 3 bimbo college friends hang out while babysitting the young daughter. They slowly start uncovering some nazi and/or germanic memorabilia/literature/knickknacks and getting freaked out by strange happenings. Things esculate (surprise!) and it turns into a mad fight for escape against a pissed off ghost. Some decent fxs, story is pretty cool. A couple of actors do ok but the bimbos and the kid are generally annoying. Not bad but not great. Chef and others will be pissed that we have 4 hot coeds locked up in a farmhouse but nary a breast to be seen. I would put it about a 5.5.

Lol, I've tempered down my expectations these days.

After ZomBeavers, everything else is simply run of the mill. :pound::pound::pound:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @FaCe-LeE-uS , do you have a list of your reviews or anything like that? I always like to check yours afterwards to see if we are either on the same page or way off...just wondering if there's an easier way besides going back through the thread to look.
No but I know I should make one lol... I have a list of "to do" which is currently very lengthy. I tend to put them off during the NFL season lol.

But for quick"er" reference you can simply use the search box near the upper right of this page. Check the "Search This Thread Only" function & search by movie title.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neverknock (2017)

neverknock-2017-syfy-horror-film-movie.jpg

The Skinny: Kids go knockin' on a door they wasn't a'sposed ta be knockin' on.

My Take: Lol, keep on knockin'! The quality of this movie surprised me...even more so when I found out it was a made-for-Syfy Channel job. Good story, well acted and decent enough special effects and scares. I could quibble that the creature was just a tad on the hokey side, but no matter. Imo, this movie is miles above stuff like Wrong Turn, the Friday the 13th remake and the like. I recommend. :thumb:
My wife recorded this on Sling.tv last week & we watched it on Friday night... I was pleasantly surprised by it! That creature was creepy as shit!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotta get a list of the Syfy movies of the last two years. Feel like I've missed so many and it's not as easy to keep up with like missing a TV episode and having it pop up the next week on the site to download.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that most SyFy movies are pretty crappy but some can be good for a laugh if you are in the right mood.

One that I think is actually pretty good is Infestation from 2009. The trailer (posting from a pc for a change and not my phone) makes it seem like typical churned out SyFy crap but both myself and my brother-in-law (who watched completely seperate from me) thought it was a decent horror-comedy flick.

Of course it has Ray Wise in it. He is in just about everything.

We went through a syfy discussion awhile back. This one was the best I had seen and the highest rated (but that isn't saying much).

The two listed here, Neverknock and Stickman, actually have pretty good ratings (again, by SyFy standards). I will have to check them out!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Zombies Halloween was a steaming pile of gerbil shit!

Emo Michael Meyers? Fucking horrid.

Another joke was Wolf Creek.

If you can't make us give two shits about the main characters, how we supposed to care when they get killed off?

Gotta say, I thought Rob's Halloween was great. I loved it, mainly because he made us give two shits about the main character.

That said, I also thought Rob Zombies Halloween ll was a steaming pile of gerbil shit! Not kidding there; it was bad.

Wolf Creek? Not familar with that one.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I thought Rob's Halloween was great. I loved it, mainly because he made us give two shits about the main character.

That said, I also thought Rob Zombies Halloween ll was a steaming pile of gerbil shit! Not kidding there; it was bad.

Wolf Creek? Not familar with that one.

Speaking of steaming piles of gerbil shit.....

Halloween 3 Season of the Witch.

What the fuck was that!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of steaming piles of gerbil shit.....

Halloween 3 Season of the Witch.

What the fuck was that!

I'll drink to that one; in fact, I already have. :martini::martini::martini:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I was settling in to watch Annabelle and give my thoughts, but then I noticed Super Troopers was on. Sorry fellas, it's a horror time-out!
giphy.gif
:hail::hail::hail:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went through a syfy discussion awhile back. This one was the best I had seen and the highest rated (but that isn't saying much).

The two listed here, Neverknock and Stickman, actually have pretty good ratings (again, by SyFy standards). I will have to check them out!
Honestly didn't even feel like Neverknock was a SyFy movie. Didn't have that cheesy feel but still had a cast of subpar actors lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I was settling in to watch Annabelle and give my thoughts, but then I noticed Super Troopers was on. Sorry fellas, it's a horror time-out!
giphy.gif
:hail::hail::hail:
Super Troopers >>>>>>>>>> Annabelle