• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinhead is the only character that really scared me. Sure there are parts in many movies that make you jump, but that guy scared the fuck out of me.
Michael Myers for me. Honestly the original Halloween was the biggest reason why I became such a maniac for the horror genre. My dad took my brother & I to a drive-in theater in October when I was maybe 5 or 6 years old, maybe younger, to see Halloween at a night showing. I had never seen a horror movie before and he refused tell me what the movie was about. I'll never forget that experience. We lined the back of his old 90's Chevy truck bed with pillows & blankets. After 10 mins of the movie my brother was hiding under the blankets. I however was glued to that screen, and forever hooked!!! Myers haunted my thoughts for months. Couldn't shake that feeling of adrenaline every time I imagined him.

Still to this day I watch that movie every year on Halloween.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Myers for me. Honestly the original Halloween was the biggest reason why I became such a maniac for the horror genre. My dad took my brother & I to a drive-in theater in October when I was maybe 5 or 6 years old, maybe younger, to see Halloween at a night showing. I had never seen a horror movie before and he refused tell me what the movie was about. I'll never forget that experience. We lined the back of his old 90's Chevy truck bed with pillows & blankets. After 10 mins of the movie my brother was hiding under the blankets. I however was glued to that screen, and forever hooked!!! Myers haunted my thoughts for months. Couldn't shake that feeling of adrenaline every time I imagined him.

Still to this day I watch that movie every year on Halloween.

My old man took us kids to so many B horror movies when we were kids. He would set the mirrors so he could see multiple screens at same time. He did this cause he was looking for the boobies. Motel Hell and Tool Box Murders were some of my favs. My dad would make wise cracks when someone got it.

I remember he took us and my best friend to one. The lady taking the money warned my dad about it being a rated R movie. My dad was very indifferent to the comment. Then she said "Sir, this movie has a lot of skin in it!" My dad replied "That is why I am bringing my boys to see it!"

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fellow Mets believer, I shall let you in on the real deal.

See it.

Believe in it.

Love it.
All here who follow know that I speak the truth! :pound::pound::pound:

Zombeavers.jpg

P.S.: I'm not kiddin', @Nasty_Magician ; I love this movie! :nod::nod::nod:

It is a classic!

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen quite a few older Sci-Fi movies. One popular theme is animals that mutated to extraordinary large size due to atomic radiation. In many cases the title gives away what type of animal -

Them! (1954, Ants)
Tarantula (1955)
Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957)
The Deadly Mantis (1957)
Night of the Lepus (1972, Rabbits)
Empire of the Ants (1977)

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen quite a few older Sci-Fi movies. One popular theme is animals that mutated to extraordinary large size due to atomic radiation. In many cases the title gives away what type of animal -

Them! (1954, Ants)
Tarantula (1955)
The Deadly Mantis (1957)

I have seen some of those. My dad is crazy big into those movies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Them! (1954, Ants)
Tarantula (1955)
The Deadly Mantis (1957)

I thoroughly enjoyed Them.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried watching the new Annabelle: Creation last weekend and got too bored with it & turned it off after 15mins or so. It spent an enormous amount of time building storylines & completely ignoring the horror aspects. But I will admit I wasn't paying very close attention. The movie was boring from the get-go.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought It was terrible and annoying. When did every horror film need to add in jump scares? Just the loud BOOM and then something happens. It's not scary, it's just startling and fucking annoying. It used jump scares WAY too much.

About the only thing I liked was the scene where Bev finds the floating kids and how they portrayed the deadlights. Lot of people commented it was funny/stupid but the dancing scene was one of the few scenes that didn't have some dumb jump scare, but had a very creepy vibe to it IMO.

We'll see how they do chapter 2 but if it's more of the same jump scare crap, I'll be fucking annoyed as all.

Exorcist, The Thing, Witch, Jaws, American Werewolf hell even Alien are some of the best horror movies ever and didn't have all these stupid jump scares with the loud BOOM noise. Yes there were startling moments in Alien (Dallas/Ripley at end) and Werewolf (initial attack) but it was supplemented by the tone the movie was already setting.

The clown scenes in It were not really scary... so the film just felt the need to add a bunch of BOOM noises whenever something was 'supposed to be scary'. And then they supplement it with a bunch of stupid strobe lighting and CGI clown effects, fuck you film.

5/10 rating for me. Acting from the kids was great and Pennywise was decent, if they didn't have all the problems I mentioned above.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought It was terrible and annoying. When did every horror film need to add in jump scares? Just the loud BOOM and then something happens. It's not scary, it's just startling and fucking annoying. It used jump scares WAY too much.

About the only thing I liked was the scene where Bev finds the floating kids and how they portrayed the deadlights. Lot of people commented it was funny/stupid but the dancing scene was one of the few scenes that didn't have some dumb jump scare, but had a very creepy vibe to it IMO.

We'll see how they do chapter 2 but if it's more of the same jump scare crap, I'll be fucking annoyed as all.

Exorcist, The Thing, Witch, Jaws, American Werewolf hell even Alien are some of the best horror movies ever and didn't have all these stupid jump scares with the loud BOOM noise. Yes there were startling moments in Alien (Dallas/Ripley at end) and Werewolf (initial attack) but it was supplemented by the tone the movie was already setting.

The clown scenes in It were not really scary... so the film just felt the need to add a bunch of BOOM noises whenever something was 'supposed to be scary'. And then they supplement it with a bunch of stupid strobe lighting and CGI clown effects, fuck you film.

5/10 rating for me. Acting from the kids was great and Pennywise was decent, if they didn't have all the problems I mentioned above.

I must admit I share your view about horror movies in general...damnit, now I REALLY have to watch it! :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got home from work early today; readied myself to kick back and see what the Chiller channel had to offer...and discovered that my cable company discontinued it as of yesterday.

I am not happy. :tsk::tsk::tsk:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting my Horror Geek on; at the same time, getting caught up.

Right now, watching 10 Cloverfield Lane (and at some point, I wanna talk more about "jump scares". I'd think her little auto scene before the credits even roll would qualify as one, correct?)

After that, I think it will (finally!) be Split. Lol, the way I've been procrastinating on that one, I make no promises! ;)

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rifling through my horror list trying to decide on what to watch tonight... Any recommendations based off of these? Or any new ones out there worth a go?

It Comes at Night (2017)
Escape Room (2017)
The Neighbor (2016)
The Cain Complex (2015)
Perfect Life (2010)
The Echo (2008)
VANish (2015)
Cut! (2014)
Bornless Ones (2016)
Blood Money (2017)
Coffin (2011)
Staunton Hill (2009)
Cage (2016)
"]Home Invasion (TV Movie 2012) - IMDbHome Invasion[/URL] (2012)

I have not heard of any of these!

Speaking of my slacking, I have a few that I should write up. Will try to get to them soon.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jump scares have their place and time. Yes, they can be severely over used and abused these days but when used correctly they can add to the film instead of detracting from them.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jump scares have their place and time. Yes, they can be severely over used and abused these days but when used correctly they can add to the film instead of detracting from them.

Agreed. And most films these days (especially the paranormal/ghost type ones) WAY over use and detract from the film. And in the case of IT, it definitely detracted.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my Halloween Horror Movie month is starting off with a whimper.

Watched Wish Upon yesterday. Annoying teen girl gets wishes with consequences featuring Final Destinationesque kills.

Currently watching The Beyond. The fact that I'm posting this right now says all that needs to be said about the movie. Can't get into it at all.

On the plus side I did watch Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare (rifftrax) yesterday as well. That was good of a laugh.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty excited for this movie. Groundhog Day meets the horror genre! I like the creativity!
I feel like i watched the preview he posted but have no recall. read your post, glad i didn't i really hate watching any trailer, but especially for a horror movie. with that being said day 3 of horror month was still disappointing for me.

Rammbock - Best thing about it was it was 60 minutes (give or take, think i might have been 66). It never felt bad watching it, though it never got good. it was just. And that's where I have to leave it, it was just, as in just a movie.