• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, based on the write-up for it, I'm having trouble following along with the timeline. It says it takes place between 1 and 2. 2 supposedly takes place four days after the first movie (the trailer for it mentions it's day 23). They say this movie also takes place on day 23. Have to imagine the role for Trish will be small in this, be kind of hard to imagine a now 47 year old playing the same college student coming home.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT is getting great early reviews so far!

Can't wait.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...trailer-is-here-and-it-looks-awesome-20170905

Jeepers Creepers 3 is only a limited release??? What a letdown... Not expecting great things, but I'll be trying to see it if theaters in my area have it. September 26th for 1 night only.

@jakedog56 @DJ @Chef99 @Taddy Mason

The buzz is that it's a slam-dunk winner. It will be very interesting as far as the timeline and continuity goes...although, continuity has been shit for so long in most media I don't think anyone will care, as long as it delivers the goods.

Am I reading this right about a One Night, Thursday Night Only release, and then straight to vid?

If so, that doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Unless the producers have some masterful new marketing scheme...

...no matter. I have always been a sucker for an origin story. :nod::nod::nod:

giphy.gif

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, just watched IT. Unfortunately I came a way underwhelmed. Of course I was really looking forward to it, so perhaps you'll feel otherwise.

The point of making it rated R appeared to be able to let the kids say fuck and that was about it.

I saw the original when I was 7 and it's a favorite of mine and I know looking back it didn't age the best in some parts. That being said, you'd expect Pennywise to be the highlight of an IT movie. I found myself more annoyed when he was on the screen. I didn't think he'd match Curry, but I didn't care it at all. For as much as the original has some scenes with bad effects looking back, this one looked shitty in parts by todays standards with Pennywise the no longer dancing, but vibrating clown. Obviously it's still worth a watch, but I was disappointed.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, just watched IT. Unfortunately I came a way underwhelmed. Of course I was really looking forward to it, so perhaps you'll feel otherwise.

The point of making it rated R appeared to be able to let the kids say fuck and that was about it.

I saw the original when I was 7 and it's a favorite of mine and I know looking back it didn't age the best in some parts. That being said, you'd expect Pennywise to be the highlight of an IT movie. I found myself more annoyed when he was on the screen. I didn't think he'd match Curry, but I didn't care it at all. For as much as the original has some scenes with bad effects looking back, this one looked shitty in parts by todays standards with Pennywise the no longer dancing, but vibrating clown. Obviously it's still worth a watch, but I was disappointed.

It's a bummer to read this. I loved the first part of the original It (see: Stand By Me) , but cringed at the second half.

John Boy with ponytail overacting against a fur covered Volkswagen didn't do it for me. Coulda been King's greatest film adaptation, but the ball was dropped somewhere along the line, imo.

Curry as Pennywise was brilliant casting; I'll watch the new one, but my expectations are dropping.

Hopefully, the storyline of the kids evolving into unsung heroes is still intact?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bummer to read this. I loved the first part of the original It (see: Stand By Me) , but cringed at the second half.

John Boy with ponytail overacting against a fur covered Volkswagen didn't do it for me. Coulda been King's greatest film adaptation, but the ball was dropped somewhere along the line, imo.

Curry as Pennywise was brilliant casting; I'll watch the new one, but my expectations are dropping.

Hopefully, the storyline of the kids evolving into unsung heroes is still intact?
The storyline is still intact, while I never read the books, I understand it was a bit closer to them. So there's some different scenes, but the storyline is the same and it is part I.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone give me a best of 2017 list... not the critics lists... I want your list...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone give me a best of 2017 list... not the critics lists... I want your list...
Only saw It and Get Out from 2017, so wouldn't make much of a list. Saw a bunch from 2016, so I could tell you which I preferred out of them and which I thought were terrible.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The storyline is still intact, while I never read the books, I understand it was a bit closer to them. So there's some different scenes, but the storyline is the same and it is part I.

Good to hear; while Pennywise's character is integral to the story, the journey of the kids is even more so, imo.

That was the problem with the first one; they set it up beautifully with depth and characterization and decided to lay back and do a Roger Corman to finish it off.

I'll never understand why. It coulda been a contender!

tenor.gif

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even after just saying that, it still felt a bit rushed in parts from that perspective.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friend Request - 2016

friend-request-trailer-1000x576.jpg

I'm pretty sure @FaCe-LeE-uS might've reviewed this one, but anyway, here's my take:

Cool idea. Top of the notch professional acting, especially from the Fear the Walking Dead hottie.

The Facebook becoming supernatural concept has actually become a favorite of mine, so it was already in the movie's favor for my review. And they pulled it off, imo.

That said...some really dopey, bewildering scenes that don't make sense. I guess the argument there would be: "Well, that's why they call it supernatural!"

Alright, point taken...mostly because I really enjoyed the movie.

Great acting, good special effects and a decent enough twist ending make this worth a watch.

And watch out for those damn wasps! :pound::pound::pound:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Split 8.5/10
Get Out 8/10
Alien: Covenant 8/10
The Void 8/10
A Cure For Wellness 7.5/10
47 Meters Down 7.5/10
Devil In The Dark 7/10
The Belko Experiment 7/10 (haven't reviewed this one yet)
Life 6.5/10

I've written reviews on pretty much all of these movies in this thread. Use the search feature if you're interested in reading them.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Split 8.5/10
Get Out 8/10
Alien: Covenant 8/10
The Void 8/10
A Cure For Wellness 7.5/10
47 Meters Down 7.5/10
Devil In The Dark 7/10
The Belko Experiment 7/10 (haven't reviewed this one yet)
Life 6.5/10

I've written reviews on pretty much all of these movies in this thread. Use the search feature if you're interested in reading them.

Which I am watching as we speak. I think Domino might be in a bit of trouble...with that drugged booze and all...

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...trailer-is-here-and-it-looks-awesome-20170905

Jeepers Creepers 3 is only a limited release??? What a letdown... Not expecting great things, but I'll be trying to see it if theaters in my area have it. September 26th for 1 night only.

@jakedog56 @DJ @Chef99 @Taddy Mason

While not encouraging, I can name several limited release or straight to video releases that were quite good. Hopefully it is a good movie that just couldn't find good studio backing.

Still, its September. You would think that holding it back 5 weeks or so and giving it a Halloween release would be a no-brainer.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen several horror movies lately, mostly on the crappy side.

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies which is low budget money grab from the already mediocre Abraham Lincoln vs Vampires. I am a big low budget zombie fan and I turned it off after 15 minutes or so. Avoid!

Another that falls on the shit list is Among Friends. A crappily acted, poorly written mess that tries to be a smart psychological study but only succeeds in being stupid. Also Avoid.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Crimson Peak last night on HBO On Demand. It was a decent but predictable movie that seemed more to me like a suspense thriller with a few ghosts sprinkled in than it did a horror movie like I remember being advertised.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One that wasn't spectacular but much better than the other recent watches is Jug Head.

It is a strange little tale about a bunch of backwoods rednecks that intentionally stay seperate from society and worship a small pit, which heals and helps them in their times of need. However when things are not addressed properly (like correct sacrifices) a spirit force kinda takes over a person and starts killing people.

I won't go into great detail as I am not even sure I understood all the details behind the story. Not a bad movie, just weird but not in a good weird way, just kind of a mundane (not boring but just mundane) weird way. 5.5 or soout of 10. A bit of throat slashing and some dismemberment is well done.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Crimson Peak last night on HBO On Demand. It was a decent but predictable movie that seemed more to me like a suspense thriller with a few ghosts sprinkled in than it did a horror movie like I remember being advertised.

Yeah. The visuals were great though.