1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment: Movies & TV Shows' started by FaCe-LeE-uS, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Psych-Ward

Psych-Ward Padded cells optional

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Sorry Face, meant to reply sooner, but had trolls under the bridge and forgot....

Honestly I can understand this. I come home from work I would rather watch a dumb movie and chill. If it's a good movie is going to draw me in full focus and after work,I just ain't up for that Shit.
    I have like 3, maybe 4 movies I have started to watch a hundred times but may have only seen the ending a dozen times. Because they are relaxing and help me crash.

Galaxy Quest, Joe Dirt, Quarantine, Limitless.......

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Psych-Ward

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I have a hard time watching movies and taking them serious when they have someone in them that you have identified with a certain character.....like Danny McBride.

I watched Life.....
    Could not get into it, because of Ryan Reynolds....Deadpool
    Danny McBride, ask the stoner movies with Franco and Rogen.....can't take him seriously.
    The new movie coming out, Detroit....won't be able to watch it. You have Kenny and Finn in it.... I can't watch anything with Michael Rooker and not tell out, "MERLE" lol you get the idea....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. jakedog56

jakedog56 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I did a review of it a couple of weeks at. It most definitely falls into a specific subgenre of horror.

I think I have it a 6.5, but could bump it to a 7 easily except for a couple of pretty stupid things (WTF is a company recruiting Americans to go to Columbia to begin with? It would be far easier to just use the locals for the experiment.....and why the big, expensively trapped up building? You could easily perform the same experiment for much, much cheaper in other ways. Etc.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chef99

Chef99 It's raw, you donkey!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

This is funny and true, especially with Rooker; always one of my favorite character actors, it's kinda unfortunate he will always be Merle to me - even in Guardians of the Galaxy.

As to Ryan Reynolds, every time I see him I think of Green Lantern.

"Damnit Carol, you're a pilot! And a good one!"
    'nuff said. :pound::pound::pound:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Psych-Ward

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Yea, I watched Guardians just because Merle was in it....
    Here's one for ya, last week I'm flipping through channels.....
    Ain't Shit on, I stop briefly on Days of Thunder......and OMG.....Merle!!!!!
    Yes, Merle was in Days of Thunder.

:yes:

:pound:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Psych-Ward

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Might make for good thread if you think about it.....
    What role do you relate with an actor/actress.

What do ya think???

• Like Like x 2
  7. FaCe-LeE-uS

FaCe-LeE-uS How's Business?

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 4,434

Guess who wrote that story?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. FaCe-LeE-uS

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 4,434

Here are my reviews for A Cure For Wellness:
    Horror Movies
    and Morgan:
    Horror Movies

Hope this helps!

Btw... I've seen Belko Experiment and I liked it too! Still haven't reviewed it, but here is @jakedog56's review:
    Horror Movies

• Like Like x 1
  9. FaCe-LeE-uS

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 4,434

Definitely felt the same way about McBride. He has always been in the comedy genre so this was the first I had seen him out of that genre which made it feel like he didn't fit. Same could be said for Reynolds, but I've seen him in lots of different genres (Buried, Blade 3, Self/Less, Safe House, Deadpool, etc etc) so it wasn't as odd.

10. UVA_Guy81

UVA_Guy81 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 22,001

I've watched a few movies throughout the past week:

The Thing (2011) I'd rate this around 2.5-3 out of 5 stars. It was decent but the CGI really took me out of it quite a bit. Although I did like how they tied it together at the end with the John Carpenter movie.

The Mist - I'd rate this 3.5/5 stars. Not quite as good as I remembered it but I still enjoyed it. With three actors from The Walking Dead, you could tell that Frank Darabont liked working with them enough to cast them inthe show. The best part I thought was the ending. That's what sticks out to me most of all about the movie.

Morgan - 2.5/5 stars. It wasn't too bad but I thought that the ending became predictable pretty quickly during the movie.

• Like Like x 1