• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Good movie.

However, you're gonna hafta do better than that.

big-ass-spider-dvd-cover.jpg
:lol:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,121.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to a "chef" to hand out the cake ratings.....

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this is a real thing, I just know that I can't get Samuel L Jackson out of my head saying: "Damn! That's a Big Ass Spider!"
spectacular.gif

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a HUUUGE Horror fan and would like to get other people's opinions on some of the best horror movies on Netflix. Gimme some options people!
If I don't pass out and remember to do this when I have some free time later I'll try and put a list together for you. I'll have to trust JustWatch horror selections are correct for the US.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I don't pass out and remember to do this when I have some free time later I'll try and put a list together for you. I'll have to trust JustWatch horror selections are correct for the US.
Bah, tried to go through the list, but it's not very effective for me to see what i watched and how i would have rated it, which would be similar if i was on the actual netflix site since they made the switch.

what type of horrors do you like? I try to watch a large swath of them, as the worst can be good sleeping materials.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a HUUUGE Horror fan and would like to get other people's opinions on some of the best horror movies on Netflix. Gimme some options people!
Posted this back in April for @B_dub

Just lookin for Netflix suggestions? Well here's a chunk to get you started... I'm not sure if they are all still on Netflix, but they at least used to be:

Best recommendations:
I Am Not A Serial Killer 8/10 (Horror Movies)
Exam 8/10 (Horror Movies)
The Guest 8/10 (Horror Movies)
Bound To Vengeance 8/10 (Horror Movies)
Beneath 8/10 (Horror Movies)
The Pact 8/10 (Horror Movies)
The Canal 8/10 (Horror Movies)
Absentia 8/10 (Horror Movies)
Housebound (horror comedy) 8/10 (Horror Movies)
Honeymoon 7.5/10 (Horror Movies)
Kristy 7/10 (Horror Movies)
The Perfect Host 7/10 (Horror Movies)
Deep In the Darkness 7/10 (Horror Movies)
Forget Me Not 7/10 (Horror Movies)
Maniac 7/10 (Horror Movies)
Come Back To Me 7/10 (Horror Movies)

Decent:
Disaster LA 7/10 (Horror Movies)
Taking of Deborah Logan 7/10 (Horror Movies)
Animal 7/10 (Horror Movies)
Apollo 18 7/10 (Horror Movies)
Devil's Pass 7/10 (Horror Movies)
Stung (horror comedy) 7/10 (Horror Movies)
Circle 6.5/10 (Horror Movies)
Don't Blink 6.5/10 (Horror Movies)
A Lonely Place to Die 6.5/10 (Horror Movies)
After 6.5/10 (Horror Movies)
Harbinger Down 6.5/10 (Horror Movies)
Rites of Spring 6/10 (Horror Movies)
The Abandoned 6/10 (Horror Movies)
Clinical 6/10 (http://sportshoop.la/threads/horror-movies.174003/page-89#post-9658105)
Anguish 6/10 (http://sportshoop.la/threads/horror-movies.174003/page-35#post-7773476)
Antisocial 6/10 (http://sportshoop.la/threads/horror-movies.174003/page-34#post-7733922)

Getcha binge on!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... I have a laundry list of reviews that I want to do for this thread but I just can't seem to find the motivation... It's the beer's fault I tell ya :(

I'll try to dive into a few

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alien: Covenant (2017)

Like many of us in this thread, I am a huge fan of the Alien series! And yes @jakedog56, they for damn sure fit into this horror thread!

As for the movie... It kicked ass! The movie did start off slow with the building of the plot, but once the boots hit the ground it was balls to the wall action. In that regards this movie was more sci-fi thriller, but nonetheless a great movie. The slow start was a necessity as there was a lot of ground to cover. For those of you that watched Prometheus you know there was a lot of mystery to it so to tie this movie in they needed a creative setup. But the story was very well thought-out. My wife disagreed, but then-again she hadn't seen most of the series so she found it impossible to understand most of it. The acting was pretty good, primarily from Fassbender, because the rest of the crew were basically cattle. Didn't really care for some of the casting, but luckily the pace of the movie didn't allow many characters to annoy you. The setting was awesome. This might be a little bit of a stretch, but it was sort of reminiscent of the original Predator in regards to all of the nature elements. As noted before multiple times in this thread, the Xenomorphs stole the show. The cgi was incredibly good! For those of you that are fans of the Alien universe or just sci-fi thriller/horrors in general, then I'd highly recommend this movie.

Action packed sci-fi thrill ride! 8/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead Rising: Endgame (2016)

If you've seen the first one or played the video games, then you know what to expect. The fanfare surrounding the video game & the predecessor gave this movie a pretty large budget so the gore & cgi were better than most z-films. When there is a film adaptation of a video game though there are always lofty expectations of the film being somewhat successful, however this sequel did not live up to it. The acting department was pretty bad. Every scene felt wooden. They took a lot of the focus away from the zombs by giving the actors more face time to develop the story, which in my opinion was this film's biggest flaw. It made sense in order to keep this film tied to the game series, but it needed better actors to accomplish the goal. In other words, this film comes off as a cheesy sibling of the Resident Evil films. The story itself was sort of a clusterfuck. The direction was simple enough, but the plot was too diluted. Of course, there is no top notch director nor a star-studded cast so one could assume a poorly made movie, but this movie brings a new meaning to video game adaptations that should've just ended up in the trash. If you're a fan of the Resident Evil films then I could see you enjoying this, but you'll be disappointed if you are looking for a generalized z-flick.

Poor writing, directing & acting squandered this one... 5/10

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alien: Covenant (2017)

Like many of us in this thread, I am a huge fan of the Alien series! And yes @jakedog56, they for damn sure fit into this horror thread!

As for the movie... It kicked ass! The movie did start off slow with the building of the plot, but once the boots hit the ground it was balls to the wall action. In that regards this movie was more sci-fi thriller, but nonetheless a great movie. The slow start was a necessity as there was a lot of ground to cover. For those of you that watched Prometheus you know there was a lot of mystery to it so to tie this movie in they needed a creative setup. But the story was very well thought-out. My wife disagreed, but then-again she hadn't seen most of the series so she found it impossible to understand most of it. The acting was pretty good, primarily from Fassbender, because the rest of the crew were basically cattle. Didn't really care for some of the casting, but luckily the pace of the movie didn't allow many characters to annoy you. The setting was awesome. This might be a little bit of a stretch, but it was sort of reminiscent of the original Predator in regards to all of the nature elements. As noted before multiple times in this thread, the Xenomorphs stole the show. The cgi was incredibly good! For those of you that are fans of the Alien universe or just sci-fi thriller/horrors in general, then I'd highly recommend this movie.

Action packed sci-fi thrill ride! 8/10

I totally agree; finally got to watch the rest, and this movie rocked! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gracefield Incident (201?)

Can't properly distinguish when this movie was first released internationally, but I first saw the trailer back in '14 or '15. i was fairly excited for it but could never find it until just this year. For all intents & purposes this found-footage film accomplished its goals. It provided a good setting, decent suspense, and a great premise. But I have to admit I was still very disappointed with this movie. Obviously the wait made the expectations higher than they should have been, but outside of a couple crazy cloak & dagger type scenes the entire movie came off as cheesy. The biggest problem was the acting, & if I'm honest the writing too. English was definitely not the first language for these actors, but I'm pretty damn sure they did a voice-overlay. It looked like the mouth movements synced up with the audio, but the voices came off like they were recorded in a studio. So in essence you still felt like you were watching a poorly dubbed foreign film. The cgi wasn't anything spectacular but they did a good job of obscuring it from the scenes. Some of it turned out really well, but others like in the climax definitely looked corny. Found footage films are dime a dozen, but this one has enough decent elements for it to rise above the pack. It's nothing spectacular, and you'll definitely get annoyed by the characters, but the action still warrants a recommendation. Alcohol will help the experience!

Decent found-footage film, but could have been a lot better... 6/10

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavalantula > Big Ass Spider
These are big words to live up to. Greg Grunberg was on point in BAS and it also had Ray Wise in it. I'll try to watch Lavalantula next weekend, but feel like I'm going to be disappointed.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting for Lavalantula Vs Mansquito to come out. ;)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are big words to live up to. Greg Grunberg was on point in BAS and it also had Ray Wise in it. I'll try to watch Lavalantula next weekend, but feel like I'm going to be disappointed.
Haven't seen BAS so I probably jumped the gun... But based off premise I will stick with my assumption
I am waiting for Lavalantula Vs Mansquito to come out. ;)
giphy.gif