1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Gamer Forum Xbox PS3 Tips, Reviews, Talk' started by theboardref, Feb 27, 2017.

1. theboardref

theboardref thewhite_00 ESPN board

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

All the gaming websites are scoring it over 9.0. The game's graphics look absolutely incredible. Story sounds extremely fascinating. Anyone else thinking of picking up a copy? Actually being released at Game Stop tonight at 9 PM.

2. Clayton

Clayton Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 529

I'll probably play this. Its right up my alley from a gameplay standpoint and I'm okay with a well made game with no originality outside of the setting because...it looks really well made.

I suspect the whole game will be a matriarchal mess of thinly veiled liberal ideas but in a way that just makes it a counter to GTAV.

As long as its well made, of course.

3. chf

chf Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

A matriarchal mess.

Heh.

4. theboardref

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Gamestop released it today. Quick notes: story is still in the explaining stages but it is nicely done. From what I hear keeps you guessing till the end. BEAUTIFUL game, can not be over stated. My recommendation personally, if you think you are interested get it now. Don't see a price drop any time soon, For Honor and Wildlands will have a decrease in price come the summer. In a year of incredible titles this will be one to remember.

5. Clayton

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 529

Ended up picking this up because I have a day off and Mass Effect isn't out yet.

This is a really good game. A large dichotomy between religion and science throughout. Opening story sequence is interesting and the robot hunting is fun.

• Like Like x 1
  6. theboardref

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Honestly, I have not played it nearly as much as I would have liked. I ended up buying For Honor as well, and have been switching off time. Plus I am working and going to school at night so not much time to play. From what I have played though it is an awesome game.

7. Clayton

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 529

I'm about 5-6 hours in.

The gf was watching and said they 'chickified Witcher and added a bunch of feelings' but that's not quite how is describe it. It has a heavy Far Cry feel except better in every way. Combat requires planning and is pretty all or nothing in many cases. I've only died once and it was because I didn't climb the right direction in a 'race' but the combats have pushed me to the edge a couple of times.

The story comes at you in hr long chunks in the beginning. You definitely have to allocate some time.

The universe really pulls you in. Its a shame that it's another big title with a Hermoine Granger protagonist with zero faults. Women don't have to be perfect to be likeable characters. Other than that, no complaints at all. You just have to make sure that you keep your inventory leveled and your ammo crafted.

• Like Like x 1
  8. theboardref

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I have died a handful of times. I am not great at planning attacks, I usually try to sneak and screw up royally. It is a lot of fun though, I think I probably put in around the same amount of time as you thinking about it. I'm not use to spacing out my playing time so much so it feels like I have played less.

9. Clayton

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 529

The first 8% of the game has a lot of story and training wheels but once you get outside of the village you get the proper open world experience.

I'm very happy with this purchase.

10. theboardref

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I definitely don't regret this purchase. Considering I also want Red Dead, Days Gone, Shadow of War, and Detroit: Become Human and am not regretting it is saying something. Will likely only be able to get 2 of the 4.