• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Mock Draft

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bolles will be the obvious pick if he's there, because he fits the mold that Seattle looks for in their offensive lineman. If not, I think we trade down and grab Obi in the early 2nd.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If King was there at 26 you take him over Bolles. I would and i think 90% of the Board would also, maybe lol.

With out King we have Lane as our starting CB next to Sherman. Now i am ok with that as he is a solid cover guy but physical he is not. Leave Lane in the Nickle and bring in a guy like King. I think he becomes the Day one starter if they do take him even if it's only till Shead gets back.

IDK, deep draft for CB should be able to find one that isn't a big drop off from King, if at all. Bolles obvious adds to a weak unit and there is a huge drop off to who ever would be available after the first round at OL. That being said, I don't see Bolles being available, to many teams needing OL.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, so round three is complete for Seattle.

Cooper Kupp, WR Eastern Washington
Alex Anzalone, OLB Florida
Larry Ogunjobi, DT Charlotte

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, so round three is complete for Seattle.

Cooper Kupp, WR Eastern Washington
Alex Anzalone, OLB Florida
Larry Ogunjobi, DT Charlotte

Was Kupp the first 3rd round pick? I am OK with that but i feel not many on SportsHoopla would know to much about Kupp. Might have been able to grab him with the 3rd comp. Maybe. Like that pick-up as the Hawks need WR help. Lockett most likely wont be playing the first few games and this is Richardson's last season under contract, will he resign with the Hawks or with someone that tells him he is the defacto starter. Also lets not forget Kearse's horrible year. Will he rebound or have we seen the best from him and may need to move on? To many questions at WR.

Alex Anzalone doesn't fit for what they look for at OLB. He is better than his combine numbers show which were pretty bad. Still not knowing who was on the board means we can't tell if any of your picks were any good. They look more like safe picks and that is a head scratcher in a Mock draft lol.

If Larry Ogunjobi is there for their last comp pick yeah that's a no brainer. Expect this guy gone by the end of round 2 or beginning of round 3 early. He would become a starter ( rotational ) player from day one and would get a lot of playing time.

right now i say a solid C+ or weak B- through three rounds.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Kupp the first 3rd round pick? I am OK with that but i feel not many on SportsHoopla would know to much about Kupp. Might have been able to grab him with the 3rd comp. Maybe. Like that pick-up as the Hawks need WR help. Lockett most likely wont be playing the first few games and this is Richardson's last season under contract, will he resign with the Hawks or with someone that tells him he is the defacto starter. Also lets not forget Kearse's horrible year. Will he rebound or have we seen the best from him and may need to move on? To many questions at WR.

Yes, Kupp was the first pick of the 3rd round for Seattle, as all my 3rd round targets were taken before I picked. Kupp was just about the only player left on the board by the time I got there, and I needed to get ready to leave for the Easter weekend. I don't think it was a bad pick, but I had hoped that if I took him it would be one of the comp picks. I believe that he would be Kearse's replacement moving forward.

Alex Anzalone doesn't fit for what they look for at OLB. He is better than his combine numbers show which were pretty bad. Still not knowing who was on the board means we can't tell if any of your picks were any good. They look more like safe picks and that is a head scratcher in a Mock draft lol.

By this time, I was out of town and doing my research on the ipad - which I dislike. Since I have no desire to watch every players film, I do rely on 4 websites (walterfootball, nfl.com, cbssports.com & nfldraftscout.com) to do most of my research and I cross what each tells me to come to some kind of conclusion. It isn't perfect, but it's better than than "eenie-meenie-miney-moe".

If Larry Ogunjobi is there for their last comp pick yeah that's a no brainer. Expect this guy gone by the end of round 2 or beginning of round 3 early. He would become a starter ( rotational ) player from day one and would get a lot of playing time.

Since no one is talking about him much in the media, he comes from a smaller school and all that jazz - I suspect that no one really knows him. I had to run him down on several sites to see who he was, so it is true that he is probably gone in the 2nd, or early 3rd. That said, fans look at everything differently than teams, so it's a guarantee that nearly every pick in this mock will be different in the real draft than it is in the mock.

right now i say a solid C+ or weak B- through three rounds.

Yeah, I know, you hate the Bolles pick. And since you never reacted to the second round pick, I assume that at best he's not Kevin King, who you've stated should have been taken in the first. You've really only had praise for one pick, and a comment or two of possible positives about the others, so I'm actually surprised you've graded me as high as you have.

Before the draft I tried to get Harold to take the Hawks, as I expected to be selling my house and not really have the time for the draft his year (which turned out to be correct). Harold took Atlanta instead, so I didn't want to leave the draft high and dry. But, if you're interested, I will gladly let you have Hawks in next year's mock.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the draft I tried to get Harold to take the Hawks, as I expected to be selling my house and not really have the time for the draft his year (which turned out to be correct)

Thought you were just being polite or I would have taken you up on it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you were just being polite or I would have taken you up on it.

This year I have been really unprepared (hopefully house closes on the 5th). Personally, I think I've drafted just fine - a 1st round talent (Bolles), 3 second round talents (Witherspoon, Kupp, Ogunjobi) and a 3rd round talent (Anzalone), but I am making lists as I go - which I never do.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you college fans here's where your players have been selected (so far):

Washington:

16 - John Ross, WR (Baltimore)
29 - Kevin King, CB (Green Bay)
33 - Budda Baker, S (Cleveland)
64 - Sidney Jones, CB (Carolina)
151 - Elijah Qualls, DT (LA Chargers)

Washington State:

None

Eastern Washington:

90 - Cooper Kupp, WR (Seattle)

Oregon:

None

Oregon State:

None

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you college fans here's where your players have been selected (so far):

Washington:

16 - John Ross, WR (Baltimore)
29 - Kevin King, CB (Green Bay)
33 - Budda Baker, S (Cleveland)
64 - Sidney Jones, CB (Carolina)
151 - Elijah Qualls, DT (LA Chargers)

Washington State:

None

Eastern Washington:

90 - Cooper Kupp, WR (Seattle)

Oregon:

None

Oregon State:

None
What -- no Cougs?! Say it ain't so! haha.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Kupp was the first pick of the 3rd round for Seattle, as all my 3rd round targets were taken before I picked. Kupp was just about the only player left on the board by the time I got there, and I needed to get ready to leave for the Easter weekend. I don't think it was a bad pick, but I had hoped that if I took him it would be one of the comp picks. I believe that he would be Kearse's replacement moving forward.

By this time, I was out of town and doing my research on the ipad - which I dislike. Since I have no desire to watch every players film, I do rely on 4 websites (walterfootball, nfl.com, cbssports.com & nfldraftscout.com) to do most of my research and I cross what each tells me to come to some kind of conclusion. It isn't perfect, but it's better than than "eenie-meenie-miney-moe".

Since no one is talking about him much in the media, he comes from a smaller school and all that jazz - I suspect that no one really knows him. I had to run him down on several sites to see who he was, so it is true that he is probably gone in the 2nd, or early 3rd. That said, fans look at everything differently than teams, so it's a guarantee that nearly every pick in this mock will be different in the real draft than it is in the mock.

Yeah, I know, you hate the Bolles pick. And since you never reacted to the second round pick, I assume that at best he's not Kevin King, who you've stated should have been taken in the first. You've really only had praise for one pick, and a comment or two of possible positives about the others, so I'm actually surprised you've graded me as high as you have.

Before the draft I tried to get Harold to take the Hawks, as I expected to be selling my house and not really have the time for the draft his year (which turned out to be correct). Harold took Atlanta instead, so I didn't want to leave the draft high and dry. But, if you're interested, I will gladly let you have Hawks in next year's mock.

I never said you made bad picks, just some minor head scratchers, but like i said we have no clue who was on the board when you picked so it is what it is. I always base my assumptions on picks by how they fit based of how the coaches talk about "areas" of the team they like unique skill sets in. Long at OLB and athletic, Strong at the point of attack CB's with large cover area ( think catch radius ) like Sherman, Browner, Maxwell, Shead. Strong Athletic DT that show good east west movement and anchoring ( i think thats what all teams want lol ) FS they talk about playmakers. People that have a nose for the ball and a desire to get dirty. Range. SS well basicly they want a Linebacker that can run and cover like a CB and hit like a LB. They play the SS so close to the los they want that 4th Linebacker lol. RB no brainer they want balance and power. One cut ability. Oline they want Athletic freaks that will beat you up for 60 minutes.

Never really understood what they want from the WR group. Seems like they want a big physical group but have not been able to get any to stick but have had luck with the shifty guys.

As far as your 2nd round pick i think you got a solid pick-up that fits the need and profile. Late 2nd early 3rd talent.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, made the final 2 picks, so my draft is done. Here's the finished product:

1.26 : Garett Bolles - OT - Utah
2.58 : Ahkello Witherspoon - CB - Colorado
3.90 : Cooper Kupp - WR - Eastern Washington
3.102 : Alex Anzalone - OLB - Florida
3.106 : Larry Ogunjobi - DT - Charlotte
6.210 : Delano Hill - SS - Michigan
7.226 : Darrell Daniels - TE - Washington

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, made the final 2 picks, so my draft is done. Here's the finished product:

1.26 : Garett Bolles - OT - Utah
2.58 : Ahkello Witherspoon - CB - Colorado
3.90 : Cooper Kupp - WR - Eastern Washington
3.102 : Alex Anzalone - OLB - Florida
3.106 : Larry Ogunjobi - DT - Charlotte
6.210 : Delano Hill - SS - Michigan
7.226 : Darrell Daniels - TE - Washington
Saw where Kiper had:
1) Bolles
2) Witherspoon
3) Ogunjobi

In his recent three round mock. I'd say you kicked butt.:thumb:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched NFL network do a mock draft last night with Dave Dameshek picking for Seattle. He took John Ross.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched NFL network do a mock draft last night with Dave Dameshek picking for Seattle. He took John Ross.

I'd be fine with the pick and then go CB second round but I think Ross will be off the board by the time we pick.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be fine with the pick and then go CB second round but I think Ross will be off the board by the time we pick.

Ross would be some pretty amazing value at 1.26. And yeah, it doesn't seem like he'll be there at that point but it wouldn't be the craziest thing to have ever happened in the draft if he is. I bet it wouldn't even be the craziest thing that happens in rnd 1 of this draft.

In my head I'm trying to complete the sentence, "If Ross is there at 26, it means that ____." It's not like Ross has character issues, and I don't believe the shoulder thing is really being held against him much. So I gotta think the only thing that would push him that far out is if there is an unexpected run on some position(s) way more than what "experts" are projecting to be picked that early. QB? OL? I know the talk is this class is weak on OL, but I still am shocked to see the lack of those players in the mocks. You have to go back to 2012 to find a draft with only 2 Tackles picked in rnd 1; it doesn't happen again until you go back to 2006. You add G and T together and the mocks I see only have 2 or 3 total in rnd 1. It certainly could happen, but it just looks really odd.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross would be some pretty amazing value at 1.26. And yeah, it doesn't seem like he'll be there at that point but it wouldn't be the craziest thing to have ever happened in the draft if he is. I bet it wouldn't even be the craziest thing that happens in rnd 1 of this draft.

In my head I'm trying to complete the sentence, "If Ross is there at 26, it means that ____." It's not like Ross has character issues, and I don't believe the shoulder thing is really being held against him much. So I gotta think the only thing that would push him that far out is if there is an unexpected run on some position(s) way more than what "experts" are projecting to be picked that early. QB? OL? I know the talk is this class is weak on OL, but I still am shocked to see the lack of those players in the mocks. You have to go back to 2012 to find a draft with only 2 Tackles picked in rnd 1; it doesn't happen again until you go back to 2006. You add G and T together and the mocks I see only have 2 or 3 total in rnd 1. It certainly could happen, but it just looks really odd.

Agreed, stranger things have happened. I'm on par with you on a possible QB run and maybe a possible a run on CB as well. I have no idea what will happen but I can't wait for Thursday to get here.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised to see 3 offensive players in top 5

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00