• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Mock Draft

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle and I are participating in this year's mock draft (Harold with Atlanta, I have Seattle). The first round is nearly done, and I just picked for Seattle. The player I took was:

Garrett Bolles, OT Utah.

I had 3 players I wanted (Bolles, Cunningham and King), and I went around about which to take - insomuch that I tried to shop the pick and drop a few spaces, to no avail. Bolles could start at either tackle spot, meaning that either Ifedi or Joekel would move/stay inside.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very happy to have Bolles. He would certainly help to upgrade a very weak area.

King would be great also as the CB depth is certainly light with Shead out for some of the year with a serious injury.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its bolles and nobody else we really want is there, we trade down 100%

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the second round, I took Ahkello Witherspoon, CB Colorado.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got the size and wingspan the Seahawks like.

Yeah, and he's faster than they usually have, just not as tough as they like. There's ups and downs, but what he lacks should be able to be taught.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If King was there at 26 you take him over Bolles. I would and i think 90% of the Board would also, maybe lol.

With out King we have Lane as our starting CB next to Sherman. Now i am ok with that as he is a solid cover guy but physical he is not. Leave Lane in the Nickle and bring in a guy like King. I think he becomes the Day one starter if they do take him even if it's only till Shead gets back.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If King was there at 26 you take him over Bolles. I would and i think 90% of the Board would also, maybe lol.

Well, since 90% of the board are Husky fans, that wouldn't surprise me :D. Didn't someone earlier this offseason post that Seattle's first 3 picks should be Budda Baker, Sidney Jones and Kevin King?

Honestly, if Seattle had committed more years to Joekel, it would have been easy to go with the DB. They didn't and despite that and the Aboushi signing, signs show that the Hawks line is still the biggest question mark on the team. With the depth of CB in this draft, it isn't too big a stretch to think that there would be a quality pick in the second round. I may still get another one in the 3rd.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bolles is there that's a good pick at 26, if Bolles isn't there I don't think there's a tackle who will help this team in the draft.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Bolles guy.....I don't know a thing about him, but ironically enough B&S profiled him yesterday on their daily Hawks pick 26 draft preview, and they played a quote from him where he said, "I just want to put guys in the dirt..." Thought that was pretty cool.

If it's him or Kevin King, I would prefer King for 3 reasons: 1) I already know King and would love to keep rooting for him in Seattle, 2) the team has a weakness at CB opposite Sherman with Shead's injury making him an unknown (depth is now thin as well), and 3) it's not that I think the line is set at every position, but at some point you gotta let the guys you put in the starting spots actually play instead of shuffling it up every year and creating new lines out of rookies and other inexperienced players. Adding line talent is never a bad idea, but I think King (or another top CB of similar ability) would be a better move than a lineman who may or may not see the field and from a draft class that is purportedly weak at that position.

Also, much like the team turned over the RB position last year, we could be on the verge of doing that at CB this year (or next) given the Sherm trade rumors. This would be a good draft class to use for that with the depth at DB and the high volume of picks we have in the first ~100.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since 90% of the board are Husky fans, that wouldn't surprise me :D. Didn't someone earlier this offseason post that Seattle's first 3 picks should be Budda Baker, Sidney Jones and Kevin King?

Honestly, if Seattle had committed more years to Joekel, it would have been easy to go with the DB. They didn't and despite that and the Aboushi signing, signs show that the Hawks line is still the biggest question mark on the team. With the depth of CB in this draft, it isn't too big a stretch to think that there would be a quality pick in the second round. I may still get another one in the 3rd.

It's not the Huskie fans it's the fact that King is a much better CB than Bolles is a Olineman. This Olineclass will have some Olineman drafted in the first round that in normal years wouldn't be picked till mid to late 2nd or 3rd Bolles is one of them. King on the other hand is a mid to late first round talent in ANY draft.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the Huskie fans it's the fact that King is a much better CB than Bolles is a Olineman. This Olineclass will have some Olineman drafted in the first round that in normal years wouldn't be picked till mid to late 2nd or 3rd Bolles is one of them. King on the other hand is a mid to late first round talent in ANY draft.

It's not like the draft is an exact science, and it isn't like King was considered a first rounder until after the combine (he was the one people thought was a mid to late 2nd or 3rd round pick). So, in reality, there's no telling where Bolles would fall on any other draft year. The Husky comment was facetious, denoted by the smiley face.

Even if you are 100% correct, the talent level at the OL positions drops off significantly after the top 4 talents, where the talent level at the CB position does not (and it isn't like we haven't seen Seattle take presumed later round talent in the 1st). I do think that King is more likely to be selected by Seattle, but that's because I don't expect Bolles to even be there when Seattle picks. Hell, outside of Prosise last year, I haven't picked a correct Seahawks draft pick since Tharold Simon in 2013. In all I have only gotten 8 picks right for Seattle since 2010, so you can rest assured that since I took him in this mock - Seattle won't be taking him for real.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like the draft is an exact science, and it isn't like King was considered a first rounder until after the combine (he was the one people thought was a mid to late 2nd or 3rd round pick). So, in reality, there's no telling where Bolles would fall on any other draft year. The Husky comment was facetious, denoted by the smiley face.

Even if you are 100% correct, the talent level at the OL positions drops off significantly after the top 4 talents, where the talent level at the CB position does not (and it isn't like we haven't seen Seattle take presumed later round talent in the 1st). I do think that King is more likely to be selected by Seattle, but that's because I don't expect Bolles to even be there when Seattle picks. Hell, outside of Prosise last year, I haven't picked a correct Seahawks draft pick since Tharold Simon in 2013. In all I have only gotten 8 picks right for Seattle since 2010, so you can rest assured that since I took him in this mock - Seattle won't be taking him for real.....

I would have no problem with the Seahawks drafting Bolles. Obviously Next to QBs, OL are the hardest to find presently, so any chance of grabbing a OL that can help is worthy of a first round pick, especially considering there would be no help after that round, it seems. King looks good, but the draft is chalk full of promising CBs, so waiting until round two makes sense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talked to some people with major connections around the league. There are teams out there that have some of these OL players as top-15 prospects. I know right now the Broncos have Bolles as a top-10 prospect as well as Robinson. They have Ramczyk and Lamp as top-15 guys. They are not the only team. In fact there are plenty NFL circles saying that the top-4 OL guys in this draft will be gone before pick 20.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to some people with major connections around the league. There are teams out there that have some of these OL players as top-15 prospects. I know right now the Broncos have Bolles as a top-10 prospect as well as Robinson. They have Ramczyk and Lamp as top-15 guys. They are not the only team. In fact there are plenty NFL circles saying that the top-4 OL guys in this draft will be gone before pick 20.

These Olineman are getting pushed way up compared to where they would be in a normal Oline year. The talent isn't there like it use to be. these guys are so raw now coming out of College because of The Spread offense. It's killing the offensive line development.

I still feel Joeckel will be a upgrade over what we had at left tackle last season. How much is yet to be seen but even one step forward is huge and he is replacing a Basketball player at LT who had not played Football since Highschool. Ifedi had a rough year at Guard but you saw glimpses of good to great play from him. With one season under his belt i think he takes a step forward and takes over at RT where i feel he will be an improvement over Gilliam.

Lots of bodies fighting for the RG and LG positions and i believe we will be fine there also. This line should be an improvement over last season and it might just be a HUGE improvement. Only seeing them play will tell and i am really focused in on Cable on this one, he better get the oline playing better with improved talent. Yes they need to draft some more Oline players and if you got a guy there at #26 that you have rated higher than King then take him. I just can't see any Olineman that would be on the board then as a improvement over King, I still think the Titans take King at #18 though.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since 90% of the board are Husky fans, that wouldn't surprise me :D..

I'm not as high on King as most here... I don't feel he's 1st round worthy..

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as high on King as most here... I don't feel he's 1st round worthy..

I don't mind him in the first round, and he may be a decent option for it - but on my list of players I wanted, I had him 3rd on my list. Personally, I was really wanting to draft Cunningham, not King.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind him in the first round, and he may be a decent option for it - but on my list of players I wanted, I had him 3rd on my list. Personally, I was really wanting to draft Cunningham, not King.

I'd rather have Marlon Humphrey... Was he available?