• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Homemade Sauces

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple.

Bleu cheese cream gravy. Goes awesome on some thick bone in pork chops.

After you've pan seared your pork chops in 2 tablespoons of butter, add 1 cup of heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Then start adding crumbled bleu cheese and letting it melt to taste. Salt to taste and serve over pork chops.

Lemon wine cream sauce. Goes awesome with fish or chicken.

Melt 3 tablespoons of butter. If you're doing something like scallops, cook in the melted butter. Once finished, sauté two cloves of minced garlic. Deglaze with dry white wine, add 1 cup of heavy cream and lemon juice from one lemon. Salt to taste. Serve over fish or chicken.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha true, beardown, true..............sometimes i do splurge....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything simple? stuff for chicken, beef or to dump on ride/potatoes............

just like worcester or soy as the base?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranch & hot sauce mixed together is bomb diggity. Goes with just about anything as long as you choose your hot sauce wisely.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoyu chicken

5 1/2 to 6 pounds chicken thighs
5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup mirin
8 medium garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
4 -inch piece ginger, sliced 1/2-inch thick and smashed
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
5 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 5 tablespoons water
Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish

Directions

Combine all ingredients except cornstarch and green onions in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low and simmer, covered, turning occasionally, until chicken is tender, about 40 minutes more.

Remove chicken to a serving platter. Remove garlic and ginger and discard. Bring sauce to a boil, skim off excess fat, and cook until reduced slightly, about 10 minutes. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add chicken, turn to coat, and serve chicken with sauce and sliced green onions.

Serve over rice

I know you won't do this, but is awesome served with a Hawaiian pasta salad...basically a regular pasta salad, with a little red wine vinegar mixed in.

Carb on carb...I know, but it's awesome stuff

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why bother making sauce when you can buy this for 7 bucks and wonder what in the hell the guy ever left out…

470757556.jpg

Snake River Stampede Whisky BBQ Sauce

Inspired from the thick & rich flavors of the Old West and a fantastic 8 year old whisky; our Snake River Stampede Whisky BBQ sauce is bursting with flavor! We created this sauce with both, open flame or slow cooking styles in mind! Our Snake River Whisky BBQ Sauce, is an exceptional complement for any beef, pork tenderloin, or chicken BBQ. "My personal favorite is to use it as a glaze on all my Tri Tips or Briskets as a finishing sauce, that makes any beef lovers mouth water!" As an added bonus, we also designed this sauce Gluten and High Fructose Corn Syrup Free, for all our friends and fans that are sensitive to Gluten or HFCS.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandma was never the great chef/cook that it seems like everyone else's seems to have been, but she did have one recipe that she passed down to my mom, and now me.

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon allspice

Makes a great marinade for chicken, pork, and steak. I've tried making it with fresh ginger and garlic and honestly it doesn't taste as good. And you have to use cheap wheat based soy sauce like LA Choy. I usually buy good soy sauce for actually putting on food, and it just isn't as good in the finished product somehow.

I used the above but used beef broth instead of water, and did use fresh ingredients to make some amazing braised beef short ribs in the crockpot not too long ago. The kids have asked me about 5 times since then to make more.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
balsamic maple syrup reduction is good on anything.

Equal parts balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. spoonful of Dijon mustard. Simmer over medium heat until syrupy. mmmmm

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
balsamic maple syrup reduction is good on anything.

Equal parts balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. spoonful of Dijon mustard. Simmer over medium heat until syrupy. mmmmm
mmmm