• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy Crap!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That argument goes both ways. Speaking from personal experience as a Michigan fan, if you don't have a QB then the defense plays your run game hard. The Jags went from 3-13 to 10-6. Some of that was coaching, but it's hard to argue that a lot of that was not Fournette's production.

Back to the topic -- the Browns really suck and needed a RB and QB.
The Jags offense wasn't good so that'd be a hard sell. Hoping the Jags draft Rudolph today so we can at least see Fournette not get screwed over, however.

I'd say almost all of the Jags improvement was 1 score regression, turnover variance, and a monumental improvement from the team's pass D to levels not since 2015 Denver; and in terms of pass D, actually surpassed it by DVOA.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to Mayfield.
If he has a successful pro career, just means we didn't use him up enough in college.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just occurred to me. The Browns' draft is like morning wood. Its a lot of hype, looks big in the beginning but then when you piss all over yourself you end up disappointed
:laugh3:This is classic. Well done.:suds:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAIT!. The Cleveland Browns just signed Y. A. Tittle to compete with Baker M. for the starting job at Cleveland.
Shit, I thought you were younger than that reference leads me to believe.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just occurred to me. The Browns' draft is like morning wood. Its a lot of hype, looks big in the beginning but then when you piss all over yourself you end up disappointed

You piss all over yourself?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the QB still threw a shit ton of interceptable passes like Bortles usually does even if they weren't intercepted. Pretending a RB in any form takes precedence over some of the most impressive pass D's statistically by DVOA for the better part of 20 years is borderline trolling as far as I am concerned.

No RB has that big of an impact on the NFL level. Not gonna say Fournette sucks- but pretending he was the differencemaker when the Jags saw minimal losses when he was actually out is friggin' absurd.
Jags difference maker was their defense. Offense wasn't good.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That argument goes both ways. Speaking from personal experience as a Michigan fan, if you don't have a QB then the defense plays your run game hard. The Jags went from 3-13 to 10-6. Some of that was coaching, but it's hard to argue that a lot of that was not Fournette's production.

They got the analytically best QB (will he be the best who knows for sure) and can still get RB's who would go in the 1st round most years like Guice. They can still get Landry and Guice while still grabbing one of the top DB's on the board in Ward. This isn't nearly as catastrophic as some are trying to make it out to be.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how the obsession is with Barkley when the Seahawks took Penny over Michel, Chubb, and Guice. That's much crazier to me. Think about that- the Seahawks and their O-line.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of good running backs in this draft. I think they should have gone Chubb first and then picked a QB with the 4th pick. But, WTF do I know? I'm rattling around on a discussion boards with a bunch of you morons! Doesn't say much good about my life does it?

Yeah but...you know how we always seem to know what those NFL coaches (or GM's) should have done, after they got it wrong?

We're awesome at that, aren't we!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got the analytically best QB (will he be the best who knows for sure) and can still get RB's who would go in the 1st round most years like Guice.

Wait a minute...something's coming back to me.

Didn't the Browns hire a "moneyball/analytics" dood from the Mets to work their front office?

Oh that's right, they did. So it all makes sense again

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't the Browns hire a "moneyball/analytics" dood from the Mets to work their front office?

MV5BODM1NDMxMTI3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDAzODY1Ng@@._V1_CR0,53,560,315_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

giphy.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got the analytically best QB (will he be the best who knows for sure) and can still get RB's who would go in the 1st round most years like Guice. They can still get Landry and Guice while still grabbing one of the top DB's on the board in Ward. This isn't nearly as catastrophic as some are trying to make it out to be.
IDK. I feel like DB's are somewhat a dime a dozen. There's a lot more chances to nab DB's because every college team had 2-4 starters. Where as most only have 1 starting RB. So the talent pool is much smaller with RBs.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. I feel like DB's are somewhat a dime a dozen. There's a lot more chances to nab DB's because every college team had 2-4 starters. Where as most only have 1 starting RB. So the talent pool is much smaller with RBs.
If there is a game changing RB they are rare, but the difference after the top 3-4 RB in all of football, not just in each draft, is so small I wouldn’t waste a first round pick on a RB. I feel Barkley is the real deal and worth the high pick.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a butthurt whorn.

What? He was overall the 10th or 11th best player in the draft. 4th best QB! This has nothing to do with OU. I respect your program, but couldn't care less about it. Son, if you want to cherry pick the last few years and feel good about it, you go ahead. You're last few years against Texas and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, most of that crew is still with the Browns and despite the meme/narrative, Dorsey is more progressive than people seem to think; it's useful for him to be the "football guy" though for media purposes. Sashi Brown was the wrong head though- that much I think I am ok with even if he was right at the macro level.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? He was overall the 10th or 11th best player in the draft. 4th best QB! This has nothing to do with OU. I respect your program, but couldn't care less about it. Son, if you want to cherry pick the last few years and feel good about it, you go ahead. You're last few years against Texas and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
Name the 10 better players and the 3 QB's.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is absolute bullshit and you know it. You can’t get a Starbucks coffee for $1.50.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't like either pick to be honest. Mayfield may work out, but he is obviously a risk. I think he would have been there a few picks later. I was surprised they passed on Chubb. They got the best CB in the draft, but he isn't a Peterson or Ramsey type guy. I think Ramsey did more for the Jags turn around than Fournette by the way

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counter argument:

CB is much harder to learn and play than RB. So while there may be more DB's in a draft, there are less top CBs than top RBs