• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holland DL'ed

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently has Shoulder Fatigue.

Scheppers called up.

:burt: :ohwell:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have placed Derek Holland on the disabled list with left shoulder fatigue, replacing him on the active roster by purchasing the contract of AAA right-handed reliever Tanner Scheppers.

To make room on the 40-man roster for Scheppers, Texas has designated lefthander John Gaub for assignment, giving the club 10 days to trade, release, or (if he clears waivers) outright Gaub to the minor leagues. The Rangers had claimed Gaub on May 24 from the Rays, who had attempted to run him through waivers themselves.

Bad news as far as Holland is concerned. Exciting news as far as the start of Scheppers’s big league career goes. The 25-year-old has allowed 12 runs on 30 hits (.270 opponents’ average) in 29 Round Rock innings, but more importantly he has issued only four walks all season while punching out 27 with a plus fastball and wipeout curve that he’d had trouble commanding the last couple seasons. When he’s locating, he profiles as a back-of-the-bullpen weapon. We’re about to get to start seeing it for ourselves.

According to multiple local reports, Alexi Ogando will take Holland’s turn on Sunday.

Jamey

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, looks like we aren't going to have the kind of SP luck we had last year. I bet we are players at the trade deadline for SP, and I bet Olt headlines the outgoing package. At least he is getting his value sky high right now!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, looks like we aren't going to have the kind of SP luck we had last year. I bet we are players at the trade deadline for SP, and I bet Olt headlines the outgoing package. At least he is getting his value sky high right now!

Yes, only 5 starts were not made by the main 5 starters (3 by Bush and 2 by Feldman)

This is definitely going the opposite of what we had last year

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I thought we were going to have to get some starting pitching in here before this. I heard Dempster of Chicago is a possibility. He has pitched very well for a horrible team.
Also keep an eye on the Philly situation. Just got back from Philadelphia on a work trip. Word is that they could be willing to deal if they continue to flounder. Hamels or Hallady could be available. Wonder if the Rangers would want Lee back. Would not mind exploring some of these trades with J. Profar being off limits

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were going to have to get some starting pitching in here before this. I heard Dempster of Chicago is a possibility. He has pitched very well for a horrible team.
Also keep an eye on the Philly situation. Just got back from Philadelphia on a work trip. Word is that they could be willing to deal if they continue to flounder. Hamels or Hallady could be available. Wonder if the Rangers would want Lee back. Would not mind exploring some of these trades with J. Profar being off limits

Hamels would be most likely available I would think. How many years to Hamels, lee, and halladay have left on their contract?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Lee... doesnt even have a W on the docket this season so far....

Hamels is a FA after this season, Lee has a couple years left, and Halladay needs 220ish innings next season for his 2014 option to kick in. If not, he's a FA after next season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Lee... doesnt even have a W on the docket this season so far....

Hamels is a FA after this season, Lee has a couple years left, and Halladay needs 220ish innings next season for his 2014 option to kick in. If not, he's a FA after next season.

I don't know that I would want to offer what it would take to get Hamels as just a rental. I'm sure probably isn't available, and I'd think it would be highly unlikely that halladay wouldn't be available.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let Ogando and Ross tag team a couple starts together, and work Ogando up into the 5 starter position and once Oswalt is ready slide Feldman back into the long-man role

When Holland is ready, put Ogando back into the bullpen and use him to caddy with Holland until he's fully ready to go

Uehara can fill Ogando's 7th inning role til then

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sore left shoulder might be the least of Holland's problems. Losing 15 pounds in two weeks is very troubling. I really hope it's just some kind of mild stomach bug and nothing more. Drastic weight loss is never a good sign.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sometimes it can be nothing, I used to drop weight like nothing all the time and I'm not any bigger than Holland, could just be a stomach thing and a high metabolism