• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hip Hip Hooray. Paul Finebaun has re-signed with ESPN and the SEC Network

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAULLLLLLL!!!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually a pretty big deal as far as content. Being able to simulcast his radio show on the SEC Network, gives that channel great content. Having to replace 4 hours worth of content would have been quite challenging. Outside of live games, it's tough for these conference networks to produce worthy content when not airing live games. BTN still hasn't been able to more than a decade into their run.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually a pretty big deal as far as content. Being able to simulcast his radio show on the SEC Network, gives that channel great content. Having to replace 4 hours worth of content would have been quite challenging. Outside of live games, it's tough for these conference networks to produce worthy content when not airing live games. BTN still hasn't been able to more than a decade into their run.
Airing replays of games on BTN will largely get me through the next 50 days to be honest.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Airing replays of games on BTN will largely get me through the next 50 days to be honest.

There's nothing wrong with airing replays. I watch them occasionally as well. But it's still good to have original programming and content. Especially leading up to the season and during.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing wrong with airing replays. I watch them occasionally as well. But it's still good to have original programming and content. Especially leading up to the season and during.
Very true. I actually enjoy Finebaum quite a bit, they must've given him some big dollars. BTN does need to work on that. They don't really have any "characters", just mostly analysts and reporters.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. I actually enjoy Finebaum quite a bit, they must've given him some big dollars. BTN does need to work on that. They don't really have any "characters", just mostly analysts and reporters.

I do like the Big 10 and Beyond show they do during the regular season and The Journey, but outside of that, there's really nothing original. There's really no reason to watch in the summer.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding was the SEC had expressed their desire for ESPN to resign Finebaum. This could get interesting. I’m not a big fan but when big things are happening in CFB his show is one of the best to tune in.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding was the SEC had expressed their desire for ESPN to resign Finebaum. This could get interesting. I’m not a big fan but when big things are happening in CFB his show is one of the best to tune in.
Ok I read that wrong Finbaum is staying put.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the Big 10 and Beyond show they do during the regular season and The Journey, but outside of that, there's really nothing original. There's really no reason to watch in the summer.
The only time I watch the Big 10, SEC, Longhorn networks are when there are games on there better than the ones on the regular channels...which ain't often. (Don't get the PAC network here.)

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finebaum is a good analyst. Good move on the part of ESPN.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a call in about a week ago. It took 17 busy signals then it rang and this guy asked me what I wanted to talk about. He coached me to give my opinion first and let Paul finish up. I was really wanting to know what he thought the impact of Derek Dooley will be on the offense. In passing I said we have the pieces of a top 5 offense and he said "yes" to that, not emphatically but it was a yes.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh I hate that SEC homer.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTN Live is also very good....it's my favorite sports show, and I like it a bit more than B1G Football and Beyond.... but it's not on during Summer until the bus tour of all 14 B1G football camps begins in August.

BTN also produced a few very good original documentary films: 'Tiebreaker' was excellent, as was 'Unbeaten: The Life of Brook Berringer', and 'The Game: 2006 Remembered'. Also, the BTN has produced several original documentaries based on particular outstanding seasons by various schools.

Campus Eats is fun to watch.... to find about all the cool culinary offerings available throughout the B1G campus towns. And of course The Journey is excellent...it has even received a few Emmy nominations throughout the past few years I believe. Football in 60 is also very good.....watching the B1G in June & July is pretty much watching the Football in 60 and B1G classic games.....

.....but this week I've noticed something new on BTN, some of the replayed games are extended to 90 minutes with the addition of analysis and commentary by BTN hosts plus former players from those classic games.

During the season, the BTN Tailgate Show is fun, and I found myself continuously flipping between that and ESPN's Gameday on Saturday mornings.

I would like to see more inside training camp series....so far I believe the BTN did Scarlet and Gray Days, and Green and White Days original series. Then there was the original series Being PJ Fleck.

So......yeah, the BTN has more original stuff than some of the folks on the Hoop are properly recalling.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would struggle to find somebody who both looks and sounds more inbred than Paul Finebaum.