• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hilton>Carver

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a few minutes of the ISU/WV game this weekend and maybe this is like saying the sky is blue; however, it is SHOCKING to me what a better home environment Hilton is vs. Carver. Extremely loud/boisterous crowd, people actually (gasp) standing and cheering, a good student section......someone explain to me how two schools in the same state can have such a vastly different home crowd because I don't get it.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

Because at Iowa, the seating goes to the donors of big cash giveaways to the University. Many are old...so having to stand up for much of the game is out of the question.

Same goes to how Kinnick is filled up yearly.

If you aint giving big money to the University....you don't matter and will take whatever is left.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is that really how it is? Really? I've heard that rumor for years but i've never seen anything in writing one way or the other or even any first or second hand accounts of being given prime seating assignments based on donations to the school. Plus, to me many of the white-hairs in the primo seats look like rural farmers, not exactly the types of folks who could afford donating tens of thousands of dollars annually to a public school.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

Those rural farmers are loaded and donate money to the University. Additionally, many University employees pony up for seats. If I remember right, the first few rows court side were offered to paying fans to the tune of 100,000 for "X" number of years. Highly sickening!!

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just a recipe for a crappy home experience.