• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hightower Out 6-7 Months

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwayne Hightoer will be out 6-7 after having surgery on a torn labrum. Everyone questions why Belichick picks up certain guys and doesn't keep others. No one is sure that mayo will be 100% and we won't know until he either does or does not participate in training camp or possibly the off season OTAs. Sheard looks to be an excellent pickup now.

Let's say it'll be 7 months........October? More than likely he won't be back until Thanksgiving.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont'a not Dwayne......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hightower’s Injury Expected to Sideline Him for 6 Months: Patriots linebacker Dont’a Hightower had labrum surgery after the season which is expected to hold him out for 6-7 months. This was widely reported the day after the Super Bowl but the story has resurfaced again and bears mentioning.

Hightower suffered a torn labrum and played thru pain down the stretch and into the playoffs. Now he’ll miss at least all of the OTAs, mini-camps and much if not all of training camp. So it seems a trip to the PUP will be in line for the Patriots linebacker.

Hightower was outstanding in 2014, with a rating of #2 among ILBs according to Pro Football Focus (PFF), he also was tied for second on the team with six sacks. He made a game-saving tackle of Marshawn Lynch in the Super Bowl on the play before the Malcolm Butler interception that sealed the Patriots come-from-behind win.

His absence will test the depth of the Patriots linebacker core.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hightower’s Injury Expected to Sideline Him for 6 Months: Patriots linebacker Dont’a Hightower had labrum surgery after the season which is expected to hold him out for 6-7 months. This was widely reported the day after the Super Bowl but the story has resurfaced again and bears mentioning.

Hightower suffered a torn labrum and played thru pain down the stretch and into the playoffs. Now he’ll miss at least all of the OTAs, mini-camps and much if not all of training camp. So it seems a trip to the PUP will be in line for the Patriots linebacker.

Hightower was outstanding in 2014, with a rating of #2 among ILBs according to Pro Football Focus (PFF), he also was tied for second on the team with six sacks. He made a game-saving tackle of Marshawn Lynch in the Super Bowl on the play before the Malcolm Butler interception that sealed the Patriots come-from-behind win.

His absence will test the depth of the Patriots linebacker core.
But we will adjust.....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count on Mayo for very much, unfortunately. He's just an injury waiting to happen.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the second highest cap charge...
I wouldn't count on Mayo for very much, unfortunately. He's just an injury waiting to happen.

Mayo can't be cut until he comes back healthy. We get 4 good games out of him, Hightower comes back, and we cut Mayo and gain a lot of salary cap to pick up loose veterans or whatever.....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayo can't be cut until he comes back healthy. We get 4 good games out of him, Hightower comes back, and we cut Mayo and gain a lot of salary cap to pick up loose veterans or whatever.....

supposedly BB met with Rolando McClain today. He had a good season with Dallas.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see BB pulling a Gronk here with HT. Sure he maybe ready to go, but BB won't take the chance. I think we will be OK. Mayo, Collins, Fleming, Morris, White, Gordon, Fleming and if they get McClain too. Although McClain is looking at some time off also. Makes me think NE targets a LB early in this draft. I really am looking forward to what Morris can bring. Watching play in the OS reminded me of Borland in SF. I think we got a steal in him.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayo can't be cut until he comes back healthy.

Left without a contract.....

not a surprise. he doesn't strike me as someone that wants to undergo the type of scrutiny he would be under playing for Bill, given his history. and the Pats sure aren't going to break the bank for him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope......just not paying attention to what I was doing.......that and I had two NFL Draft magazines open on my table.......