• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

hey OU...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Co-offensive cood Jay Norvell was fired today. No word on Huepel

edit: oops, ya beat me to it, now I see what Heupel's status is

I'm thinking Heupel gets moved to QB coach, and maybe works with the WR's.

Norvell may have landed some good receiver commits, but only once seemed to be able to develop more than one into a stud at once when he had Broyles and Stills. Too many high celing kids who could never put it together. Jazz Reynolds, Metoyer, Durron Neal, LaColton Bester, and the list goes on and on.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that Spavital is coming in as OC...

:susp:

Totally unproven understudy. Has 2 years coordinator experience. I just don't believe it. This is a guy that Heupel can scheme for and they will be equals behind closed doors because he is a yes man.

Fuck that hire if it's true. Get somebody proven or inventive.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't promote Monty to DC...not yet.

Scratchin' my head.

DeeDee Westbrook apparently taking news of Norvell's departure pretty hard, I can only imagine how DGB is taking it.

I bet DGB goes pro.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:susp:

Totally unproven understudy. Has 2 years coordinator experience. I just don't believe it. This is a guy that Heupel can scheme for and they will be equals behind closed doors because he is a yes man.

Fuck that hire if it's true.

That better not be true.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it up to Bob for shaking things up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it up to Bob for shaking things up.

Shaking things up not enough. He needs to make prudent decisions on who he replaces these people with.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincoln Riley now being mentioned as OC replacement.

DeeDee Westbrook tweets he's staying at OU, trusts in Coach Stoops.

Kish & Bobby Jack Wright gone too.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get the Fat Man!!!!

That's good news on Westbrook. If we could convince Green to stay we'd be in business at WR and RB.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that I could perhaps entertain. He is a young up and comer.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Stoops to LSU is losing steam...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Stoops to LSU is losing steam...

robryan.gif

Guess we're just gonna have to out score everyone.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got links on the latter? Any word on DGB?

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per the Football Braniacs @TheFbBrainiacs

"As most of you know, we have confirmed initial reports that Jay Norvell is no longer with the University of Oklahoma. Our source that confirmed the dismissal has also shared with us the following:

– One of the names Oklahoma is looking as a potential replacement is Western Kentucky offensive coordinator, Tyson Helton.

– Another name OU is also considering is TCU offensive coordinator, Doug Meacham.

– We were also told, by the same person and an additional source, that Oklahoma did indeed reach out to Will Muschamp before he was hired by Auburn. However, “he was too close to a deal with Auburn” at the time.

As most of you know, we’ve been pretty tight lipped with this coaching stuff. While we have been hearing a lot of what is out there for a while, it’s always difficult to be certain about these matters. And we’re sensitive to the fact casually throwing out speculation about the job security of any individuals would be irresponsible and disrespectful on our part.

If that means somebody gets the news out before we do then so be it. That’s a sacrifice we’re willing to make for the sake of what we consider to be doing things the right way. That said, we will continue to strive to bring you every bit of information we responsibly can as soon as possible.

Hence, we do feel comfortable sharing the information above. And, as you would expect, there will be more changes coming. "

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"As most of you know, we have confirmed initial reports that Jay Norvell is no longer with the University of Oklahoma. Our source that confirmed the dismissal has also shared with us the following:

– One of the names Oklahoma is looking as a potential replacement is Western Kentucky offensive coordinator, Tyson Helton.

– Another name OU is also considering is TCU offensive coordinator, Doug Meacham.

– We were also told, by the same person and an additional source, that Oklahoma did indeed reach out to Will Muschamp before he was hired by Auburn. However, “he was too close to a deal with Auburn” at the time.

As most of you know, we’ve been pretty tight lipped with this coaching stuff. While we have been hearing a lot of what is out there for a while, it’s always difficult to be certain about these matters. And we’re sensitive to the fact casually throwing out speculation about the job security of any individuals would be irresponsible and disrespectful on our part.

If that means somebody gets the news out before we do then so be it. That’s a sacrifice we’re willing to make for the sake of what we consider to be doing things the right way. That said, we will continue to strive to bring you every bit of information we responsibly can as soon as possible.

Hence, we do feel comfortable sharing the information above. And, as you would expect, there will be more changes coming. "

I like what Meacham has done at TCU.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got links on the latter? Any word on DGB?

via KFOR.COM
"Via multiple reports, OU co-offensive coordinator Jay Norvell will not return to coach on Bob Stoops’ staff.

OU Insider.com reports that Mike Stoops met with Louisiana State head football coach Les Miles on Saturday, January 3, but was not offered any job on the staff.

In a radio interview, Scott Roussel of Footballscoop.com, said he heard that if Mike Stoops would leave Oklahoma he would take current OU linebacker coach Tim Kish with him.

Roussel also mentioned in the interview that it was “very possible” that co-offensive coordinator and Sooners quarterback coach Josh Heupel could lose his play calling duties.

Roussel added that he was hearing that Texas A&M offensive coordinator Jake Spavital could join OU’s staff to take over the same position, play calling duties and coaching quarterbacks.

Roussel said that if Spavital were to come in, Heupel would give up play calling duties and coach OU’s wide receivers.

Finally, Roussell mentioned that he heard that current OU cornerbacks coach Bobby Jack Wright may take an off the field position.

Stay tuned to KFOR.com for any updates as this is a developing story"

Like I said about BJW, he will be in adminsitration from here on out I bet.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF this is true, it means SOMEONE was in talks with Muschamp BEFORE 12/14/2014. :think: