• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Florida, let's play today...

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'll admit you didn't say "not about more revenue" if you will admit you said "its all about revenue not about softening the schedules"...see below.

Hell tbj, that type of scheduling is okay. Your aqua lizards aren't the only ones doing it. It is wide spread. And as long as there are no consequences for such, it is smart scheduling.

What isn't okay is the ruse of trying to hide behind the real reason it is done. No matter how much the blind homers try to rationalize it instead of admitting it, the purpose for doing such is solely "softening the schedule" at a certain point in the season to break up a difficult stretch. Bye weeks later in the year are for the same purpose. It is funny as hell to me that homers won't admit it. Hell, they are more likely to admit it when their team sucks than to admit they scedule late season cupcakes to get a break in a tough stretch of the schedule.

Meh, we do it because we can.

There is no penalty, or at least no tangible penalty for the SEC teams that do and it is better for us, schedule wise.

I've never seen anybody make the revenue argument in terms of timing...how would that possibly be better? We schedule the cupcakes for revenue, but the timing is all schedule.

We could try going the B1G route and add some shit teams like Rutgers and Maryland to our conference, then we could pretend our schedule is tougher because we play 9 conference games, lol.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played y'all on Dec 5 when y'all had a hurricane, you can show us the same courtesy. Note that we didn't whine and pitch a fit about it.

Or, the country wasn't filled with whiny, teat-seeking media attention whores back then

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played y'all on Dec 5 when y'all had a hurricane, you can show us the same courtesy. Note that we didn't whine and pitch a fit about it.
LSU has mastered the relocation thing. You guys should have been taking notes but you skipped class instead. Now you are trying to argue with the prof for points. Not happening.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, the country wasn't filled with whiny, teat-seeking media attention whores back then

yes that's part of it. I wasn't alive then but I gather there weren't as many precious sensitive little snowflakes then either.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU has mastered the relocation thing. You guys should have been taking notes but you skipped instead. Now you are trying to argue with the prof for points. Not happening.

LSU mastered the "we're gonna postpone it until the first weekend of December" thing. That set a precedent. Now follow your own precedent.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, we do it because we can.

There is no penalty, or at least no tangible penalty for the SEC teams that do and it is better for us, schedule wise.

I've never seen anybody make the revenue argument in terms of timing...how would that possibly be better? We schedule the cupcakes for revenue, but the timing is all schedule.

We could try going the B1G route and add some shit teams like Rutgers and Maryland to our conference, then we could pretend our schedule is tougher because we play 9 conference games, lol.
But you aren't hiding behind the ruse of rationalization like some of the others. Like you said, it is done because you can. And, I don't blame any team for doing it if there are no consequences.

It does create a shitty slate of SEC games on Nov 19 which is at the end of the stretch. The lousy matchups send the true CFB fans to view other games. But, I don't guess the television pay people care about that. And I still can't believe that LSU, Bama, etal fans really like to watch those games. I guess about 90,000 of 'em do though.

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU mastered the "we're gonna postpone it until the first weekend of December" thing. That set a precedent. Now follow your own precedent.
Also the "we'll come to your place instead" thing and the "you come to our place instead" thing and the "play the next day" thing........LSU has mastered many things. We won't drill a hole into your skull if you have a headache though.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the "we'll come to your place instead" thing and the "you come to our place instead" thing and the "play the next day" thing........LSU has mastered many things. We won't drill a hole into your skull if you have a headache though.

The play the next day thing was never realistic. Its a natural disaster. Its not going away in a day. Duh.

The play at the others' place thing? I don't see hardly anybody going for that one if they can possibly avoid doing so.

The postpone it til later thing is the thing to do. Its what LSU specifically did with UF under the exact same circumstances in the past. Its what the whole conference did in 2001. Its what will have to be done now. Deal with it.

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play the next day thing was never realistic. Its a natural disaster. Its not going away in a day. Duh.

The play at the others' place thing? I don't see hardly anybody going for that one if they can possibly avoid doing so.

The postpone it til later thing is the thing to do. Its what LSU specifically did with UF under the exact same circumstances in the past. Its what the whole conference did in 2001. Its what will have to be done now. Deal with it.
Alright fuck it, I'll deal with it. It's going to hurt worse when the Gators get knocked out of the SECCG the week before it happens though. Playing it today would have been more humane.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright fuck it, I'll deal with it. It's going to hurt worse when the Gators get knocked out of the SECCG the week before it happens though. Playing it today would have been more humane.

Bring it on purple pussy cat.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tv contracts dictate that conference games start earlier so some teams have the extra ooc still left....and never mind that some teams are playing p5 out of conference games in late novemebr too because that wouldnt fit you scheduling narrative now would it

lastfan

Tenured
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's funny right there.

Was in Fort Worth yesterday to pick up the grandkids. Had lunch with my daughter and son-in-law at a sports bar. Full of SEC fans watching the A&M/Tennessee game. Let's just say the LSU fans are real pissed off. More so than TB or board ref! Bunch of mad corn dogs. One disclaimer though...it could have been the booze talkin' cuz they were well on their way to shitfaced.

The bolded words are redundant, so you can save the energy next time.

lastfan

Tenured
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring it on purple pussy cat.

Now you've gone and done it. That's your ass, dude...

tumblr_nmyb3u2iZp1upvhr5o1_500.gif

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LSU won't lose any money by cancelling their cupcake to play at Florida. The SEC will compensate both teams.
2. No one is scared to play a 3 - 2 team, without a head coach, at home.
3. LSU was complaining just last year about how unfair it was for them to have to play against Florida annually. It's so unfair for them lol!

LSU is scared of florida and this is only deflection from the truth. But please continue to propagate this nonsense. I think it's funny.

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LSU won't lose any money by cancelling their cupcake to play at Florida. The SEC will compensate both teams.
2. No one is scared to play a 3 - 2 team, without a head coach, at home.
3. LSU was complaining just last year about how unfair it was for them to have to play against Florida annually. It's so unfair for them lol!

LSU is scared of florida and this is only deflection from the truth. But please continue to propagate this nonsense. I think it's funny.
I don't see the SEC fully compensating LSU for that game. That's a lot of cash.

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's what I read. SEC is rich!
SEC is rich. I've read about the possible buyout but that still leaves a lot of money on the table.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tv contracts dictate that conference games start earlier so some teams have the extra ooc still left....and never mind that some teams are playing p5 out of conference games in late novemebr too because that wouldnt fit you scheduling narrative now would it
Keep rationalizing it. Still doesn't change the real reason the cupcakes are scheduled later in the year.