• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

He's not Lance, but Rodney Stuckey will be a big help for Pacers

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pure scorer in every sense of the word, the Pacers don't have too many of those currently on their roster. Averages aside, I thought Stuckey had quietly played the best ball of his career here in 2013-14. And to add icing on the cake, we got him extremely cheap. I can name at least one Pistons poster that's probably sick and tired of my Jerry Stackhouse references, but that is who he reminds me of. Like Stack in his prime, Stuckey attacks the basket and won't settle for the three, something that's missing in today's league. Normally we would see a player's three-point attempts go up with age. That has not been the case with Mr. Stuckey, who will turn 29 next season. He had trimmed his three-point attempts from 182 in 2012-13 to just 88 this past season.

Stuckey also averaged 13.9 points per game while averaging 26.7 minutes. That's rather stellar. Unlike the standard NBA guard in this generation, he's not out there looking to pad his assist numbers, which could actually be a good thing in the Pacers' walk-it-up offense.

While I am a little disappointed in Larry Bird for essentially letting Lance Stephenson walk, I am excited at the thought of Rodney Stuckey being in a Pacer uniform.

Newest Pacer Rodney Stuckey: 'Good situation with a great team'

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will help. Good move for them considering how cheap they got him for

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He alone won't help. But the combo of him and CJ Miles could be enough to replicate most of Born Ready's production

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good move because its so cheap. However, a combo guard that isn't a good shooter is tough fit on the spacing of an NBA starting lineup. He is pretty good coming off the bench though.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pure scorer in every sense of the word, the Pacers don't have too many of those currently on their roster. Averages aside, I thought Stuckey had quietly played the best ball of his career here in 2013-14. And to add icing on the cake, we got him extremely cheap. I can name at least one Pistons poster that's probably sick and tired of my Jerry Stackhouse references, but that is who he reminds me of. Like Stack in his prime, Stuckey attacks the basket and won't settle for the three, something that's missing in today's league. Normally we would see a player's three-point attempts go up with age. That has not been the case with Mr. Stuckey, who will turn 29 next season. He had trimmed his three-point attempts from 182 in 2012-13 to just 88 this past season.

Stuckey also averaged 13.9 points per game while averaging 26.7 minutes. That's rather stellar. Unlike the standard NBA guard in this generation, he's not out there looking to pad his assist numbers, which could actually be a good thing in the Pacers' walk-it-up offense.

While I am a little disappointed in Larry Bird for essentially letting Lance Stephenson walk, I am excited at the thought of Rodney Stuckey being in a Pacer uniform.

Newest Pacer Rodney Stuckey: 'Good situation with a great team'

I'm not sure that I have ever seen you compare Stuckey to Stackhouse before: that is quite generous to Stuckey. While Stuckey has never become what us Pistons fans had hoped for him I actually put little of the blame on Stuckey himself. He had the unfortunate timing of being with the franchise during what may be its lowest time and never having a consistent system to play in. He is a tweener, neither a point guard who is going to set things up, nor a shooting guard who hits for a high percentage outside. I think the Pistons may have expected too much from him too soon and we just set ourselves up for disappointment. He is a slashing scorer, and this may be what the Pacers need. As you said, he won't replace Lance, but for the price he will do his job and won't be the distraction Lance became. I still think that Pacers backcourt needs some better outside shooting.