• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heres a statistic for you

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook closing in on the Big O's record.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might win MVP because voters are too easily swayed by stats that do not matter.

I was slow to come around, but Harden is the clear cut MVP at this point because of the way he has elevated his team. I would not argue if LeBron got it, but there is almost 0 chance of that because voters have been conditioned to discount his greatness.

Westbrook is a distant 3rd, triple double or not.
dude, its a trip dub in the nba, dude. lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, its a trip dub in the nba, dude. lol.

Look, his accomplishments are historical and incredible. But, they do not make him the best player in the NBA. That is my entire point. There are other guys who have greater impact on their teams' winning. I just do not think Westbrook is a team player, and that matters a lot.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, his accomplishments are historical and incredible. But, they do not make him the best player in the NBA. That is my entire point. There are other guys who have greater impact on their teams' winning. I just do not think Westbrook is a team player, and that matters a lot.
dude 10 assists, what does the guy need to do average 15? its a bit much man.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude 10 assists, what does the guy need to do average 15? its a bit much man.

Have you read any of my posts?

10 assists per game does not make him an unselfish player. He is literally setting the NBA single season record for usage rate (% of a team's possession ending in a shot or TO by the player) and he has the ball constantly. That makes him one of the biggest ball hogs in the history of the league regardless of the assist numbers.

OKC has almost no ball movement because of Westbrook's ball dominance. Ball movement is vital to team success at every level of basketball.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read any of my posts?

10 assists per game does not make him an unselfish player. He is literally setting the NBA single season record for usage rate (% of a team's possession ending in a shot or TO by the player) and he has the ball constantly. That makes him one of the biggest ball hogs in the history of the league regardless of the assist numbers.

OKC has almost no ball movement because of Westbrook's ball dominance. Ball movement is vital to team success at every level of basketball.
who the fuck else is on the team bro, your being hard on him! anyway i dont think hes the best ever but hes a fucking stud in this league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the fuck else is on the team bro, your being hard on him! anyway i dont think hes the best ever but hes a fucking stud in this league.

I won't argue with that.

Still, if you were a star player, would you want to play with this guy? I wouldn't. I would much rather team up with guys like Curry or LeBron because they do not have the need to control every facet of the game.

Time will tell, but my bet is that Westbrook continues to post monster numbers and changes teams next year, probably for somewhere like LA. If he wins a championship at any point while still the main guy, I will admit I am wrong. But, I am willing to bet that he never does. Selfish ball does not beat good teams in the NBA, and this tiger ain't changing his stripes.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue with that.

Still, if you were a star player, would you want to play with this guy? I wouldn't. I would much rather team up with guys like Curry or LeBron because they do not have the need to control every facet of the game.

Time will tell, but my bet is that Westbrook continues to post monster numbers and changes teams next year, probably for somewhere like LA. If he wins a championship at any point while still the main guy, I will admit I am wrong. But, I am willing to bet that he never does. Selfish ball does not beat good teams in the NBA, and this tiger ain't changing his stripes.
well id play with him, and id give him the ball, and iknow he would find me open, gotta make that shot though lol

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue with that.

your being to hard on him, hes a great player. He really is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am really not. I am one of the few not kissing his ass. He is a great talent, no question. Still a top 5 player in the league for sure, but there are others outside the top 5 I would rather have on my team. Give me Chris Paul (short term) or John Wall over Russ any day. They are not as good, but both are less selfish and easier to build around as a result.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, I also recognize we are not going to agree on this one and I respect your opinion.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really not. I am one of the few not kissing his ass. He is a great talent, no question. Still a top 5 player in the league for sure, but there are others outside the top 5 I would rather have on my team. Give me Chris Paul (short term) or John Wall over Russ any day. They are not as good, but both are less selfish and easier to build around as a result.
i just want u to know that in all the years i saw kobe, the teams where fucking horrible, and we won. we fucking won it all. and i see a guy like russell and im impressed. that kid can ball, hes a fucking baller. i give it to him, hes on my team any day of the year.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook in beast mode last night. Thunder go on a 14-0 run to beat Dallas by 1 with Russ scoring 12 of those. He single handily took the game over. Lol @ Cuban.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP chants for Westbrook in Orlando tonight. If he isn't the MVP the league has never had one.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal back to back performances by Westbrook. The Mvp chants on the road were crazy loud.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The best player in the NBA does not always win MVP. Some voters just look at stats, and some get bored of giving the actual best player the MVP every year (Jordan, LeBron)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP chants for Westbrook in Orlando tonight. If he isn't the MVP the league has never had one.

He may win it, but LeBron is still MVP of the league. At least one of Curry's shoulda been his.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Westbrook does something in the Nba that has never been down before scoring 57 points while getting a triple double. Nobody has ever scored that much while triple doubling. And last week he did something else that had never been done before, he didn't miss a shot while getting a triple double. He was perfect from the field and from the free thrown line. Dude is playing at a whole other level.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best player in the NBA does not always win MVP. Some voters just look at stats, and some get bored of giving the actual best player the MVP every year (Jordan, LeBron)

I agree.

This whole conversation started because some people were saying that he IS the best player because of his statistical production. I think the MVP argument is moot now. Westbrook will get that. It still does not make him the best player, just like Steph was not the best player last year or Steve Nash when he won his awards.