• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here it is.....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canzano and others are reporting it's a done deal as well, but let's wait for the official school announcement. We've seen way too many false starts so far in this crazy coaching change season already.

I'm sure he's out and most of us are not unhappy about it. Now we need to see what Petersen is going to do to fill that. He's not at Boise anymore. It's time to start acting like you are at a P5 and start bringing in the higher talent both in coaches and players.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canzano and others are reporting it's a done deal as well, but let's wait for the official school announcement. We've seen way too many false starts so far in this crazy coaching change season already.

I'm sure he's out and most of us are not unhappy about it. Now we need to see what Petersen is going to do to fill that. He's not at Boise anymore. It's time to start acting like you are at a P5 and start bringing in the higher talent both in coaches and players.

Agreed!

I would really, really love to see him go get someone with a pro style look....
I think that will draw big arm QB recruits even better here!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that he is going. I don't wish him ill, but if his work as OC is any indication of his ability as HC, he is going to crash and burn hard at OSU.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that he is going. I don't wish him ill, but if his work as OC is any indication of his ability as HC, he is going to crash and burn hard at OSU.

Yeah I really hope he he does turn that football program around.
As for his OC abilities, sometimes a head coach has some serious imput, I want to see if it was Smith or the playbook that needs updated...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC's have very different input on a program than coordinators. We really have no idea what kind of HC Smith can be. It's about recruiting and having the best staff around you for that effort and getting kids that fit your philosophy and build your schemes around their skills.

The truth is no one can know how good Smith is at that skill set because they don't use any of it simply being a coordinator. He knows how to recruit and land good kids. No one can take that away from him. They've had solid offensive players commit to UW including some pretty outstanding QB's at least in potential. And he's spent the last 6 years learning from and watching Petersen in how he approaches the HC position and the day to day grind of it all.

It's Oregon State though. It's not like he is going to suddenly rise that program up to Oregon level football from a few years ago or anything. What is the ceiling there? WSU like results? Maybe 8-9 wins on a good year and the potential every now and then for a special run? Does anyone expect Smith to reach that ceiling? Not soon anyway, but let's see what staff he puts in.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see this listed here, but I know someone referenced this news somewhere...
Bush Hamdan returning to Montlake to serve as Huskies’ offensive coordinator

Can't help but think this is a huge get for Petersen. We all know Hamdan is an incredible recruiter and a very high energy coach. He does have OC experience at a lower level and now spent a season up in the NFL to further add some experience and seasoning to his overall game.

Really looking forward to seeing what he will bring as a play caller.