• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here is what I dislike about Osborne

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL @ shadybilly

When Gill starts winning Big XII north championships your post will have some merit.
Until then stop insinuating Osborne is a racist. It is he who was tasked with evaluating potential coaches and he that was tasked with hiring one. I'm sure it was difficult for him to pass on a valued friend. It shows Osborne's got a ton of class by putting the needs of the program ahead of himself and his friend.

Defense wins championships. Without one you are playing WAC football. Football games can be and are won 7-6, 10-7 etc..

Gill would have Osborne behind him...Without Os borne Pelini would have been 3-9

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
there haven't been enough minority coaches to have a track record...but does Tony dunge ring a bell

His name is "Dungy" and as far as I know, he didn't coach at the college level.
I do remember him playing as the Gophers QB back in 1973.
I was there watching the NU / Minnesota game in Minneapolis with my folks and little sister. NU won 48-7.

I have to give him a lot of credit for having a successful pro career.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well are offense would have been a lot better....and offense wins super bowls just ask the saints 25th in defense!!!!

Well over 90% of the time, defense wins championships... Just ask the 1986 Nittinay Lions who defeated Miami in the 1987 Fiesta Bowl! Miami had a way better offense than PSU did that season.

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well over 90% of the time, defense wins championships... Just ask the 1986 Nittinay Lions who defeated Miami in the 1987 Fiesta Bowl! Miami had a way better offense than PSU did that season.

NU never won a NC with a great defense!!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landon, Just my opinion why is that trolling? I only write what I believe, If you or Exlax disagree with me thats fine.I don't think it's fair to threaten me with removal from the board if I can't express my true feeling!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't actually believe that is your real opinion.....and that is what makes it trolling. Nobody breathing on this earth actually thinks that Gill would have been run out of the stadium for posting the same record as Bo after 2 years.

Also, at the end of the season you were over on the little boy's board basically praising Pelini and now you're back to these "I just want attention" type postings calling for Pelini's head.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't call the whole state racist, Am I the only one on this board who wonders why we haven't had a minority head coach since 1890's? You know there are only 4 or 5 in all of college football, So Nu is not the only one!!!

Since there was so many stupidity holes in Shady's original comments that I cant even respond because I don't know where to start I have to just comment on this.

Only 4 or 5 minority head coaches in college football???? Why is it that you not letting the facts get in the way of opening your mouth doesn't surprise me or probably anyone else? From my last count, there are 11 D-1 minority head coaches in college football right now.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well Shady I would have to be a reverse racist then when it comes to Watson and coaches in general. And ALL the Husker fans I know only care how well their team plays. For me Watson is on a short leash, Oh if you haven't figured it out I am white. And to shoot a hole in you theory about HUSKER fans being racist Osborne said several times since he has been the AD that HE NEVER felt his job was safe until his last two years if I remember right. So either all Husker fans were black back then and the whole state has changed what the majority color is or Nebraska fans demand excellence. The former coach showed that OFFENSE DOES NOT win championships but Bo HAS shown that DEFENSE DOES put you in position to win just about every game. And I noticed just about every team we played this year had a rougher time winning the two games after they played us. Kind of hard to beat us if your offense cannot do anything and the players hurt from getting hit hard and clean doing things the right way.

calhounhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NU never won a NC with a great defense!!!!

This has got to be one of the dumbest comments that I have ever read.

First one that comes to mind.... 95/96 Orange Bowl against the RUN N GUN offense of Spurriers. Yep, Defense didn't win that game but they sure as hell helped a fuck ton.

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They definitely won NC's with great D.

ROFL which team 70,71, 94, 95,97 all these teams had great offenses. If Osborne had kicked the extra point in 83 the scoring explosion would have won a NC. By the way they weren't called the defensive explosion!!!!!!!!!!!

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This has got to be one of the dumbest comments that I have ever read.

First one that comes to mind.... 95/96 Orange Bowl against the RUN N GUN offense of Spurriers. Yep, Defense didn't win that game but they sure as hell helped a fuck ton.

NU offense had the ball the whole game, Defense didnt matter. Florida had nothing to stop us!!!!!!!

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since there was so many stupidity holes in Shady's original comments that I cant even respond because I don't know where to start I have to just comment on this.

Only 4 or 5 minority head coaches in college football???? Why is it that you not letting the facts get in the way of opening your mouth doesn't surprise me or probably anyone else? From my last count, there are 11 D-1 minority head coaches in college football right now.

and 80% of the players are minority, hmmmm!!!!!

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't actually believe that is your real opinion.....and that is what makes it trolling. Nobody breathing on this earth actually thinks that Gill would have been run out of the stadium for posting the same record as Bo after 2 years.

Also, at the end of the season you were over on the little boy's board basically praising Pelini and now you're back to these "I just want attention" type postings calling for Pelini's head.

Tell me do u you think Gill would ran off the field screaming Fuck, and not been serious reprimanded by everyone!!!!

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Lions were a better coached team!!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
who really cares...NU never has and never will with watson and Pelini!!!

Never will what? Win ten games? Uh oh, they did that last year!
Play in a Big 12 Championship game? Uh oh, they did that last year!

The REAL Nebraska fans care about our program. We really don't care that you don't care like we do!