• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here come the Yankees....

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we get the Spankees early this year. God I hope it isthe twins who do the spanking for once :gaah:. How long can they continue to own us? What is it going on now? 14 years :L? 4 rounds of play off defeats? I hate no team in baseball like I hate the Yankees. Sweep those A-holes and give me something to be proud of. 10 days and counting. If we fail, I will probably unreasonably angry.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Why worry about 1 series? Take care of the divisional games.... especially the Indians, beat the teams we SHOULD beat, and let everything else work itself out.

Fretting over one series, when looking at historical context, is what gets teams into trouble. I'd take splitting the series with them as a victory.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I hate them.

The historical context, as you put it, is an embarrassment. Its clear I am not alone in knowing this, and it most certainly has an effect on this teams psyche. No one gets pounded for 14 years without it being in your head. Splitting the series is about the best the Twins have ever done in that time frame. Time for a change, I say.

But lets just be honest here. Even if we win the games we are suppose to win, we cant, and dont beat the big boys. We had better change that mentality or making the play offs is a moot point. 3 and out. No thanks. Save me yet another embarrassment.

That being said, if we are to change our fortunes, there is no better team to start with than the Yankees. Beat the crap out of them and see if that doesnt bring with it a boost of confidence. Get slapped around and this team will know its place, and meekly accept it. That, too, is our most recent history. Winning division titles only to fall with a whimper in the post season. Got old for me 10 years ago. Its time for success, and only winning matters, anyway.

If you feel differently, so be it. Championship or bust for me. Always has been....and it always will be.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was nice to see. Could have even been a sweep with a little bit of luck. Haha for both teams actually. There were a lot of chances. But winners capitalize. Last year, we had Houston by the balls, and let them get away with wins. Hope this is a sign of growing into a contender. A real contender. Not a team just hoping to catch a break.