• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hello friends

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its been a while since I've been on here, I'm sure by now there are some new posters that I don't even know but hopefully there's some of the old guard that can vouch for my sincerity on this post.

As most of you know I'm a good 'ole Texan from good 'ole Houston. My city had taken an absolute brutal beating over the last few days with this hurricane and more is expected to come. I've already had multiple friends be rescued by HPD and the coast guard. My uncle's house is literally UNDER water because his house backs up to a bayou and my father has been driving around all day picking up anyone that has needed it we have nearly 30 strangers staying in our, thankfully, flood free house.

If you don't think this storm truly effects you remember that as the Houston economy goes so does gas prices. We are the 2nd largest port in terms of tonnage in the US and 13th in the world. When Houston hurts the country hurts....

PLEASE!!!! Donate to the Red Cross, donate to local houston charities, support FEMA many of my friends are quite literally losing their entire homes and possessions. My closest high school friends as of about 7:20PM last night is LITERALLY homeless. I know all you Scarlett blooded skers hate UT and A&M; but this isn't about that. This is about an entire coastline that has lost their homes, jobs, lives.....PLEASE donate SOMETHING even $1

I am driving down from Lincoln tomorrow. Last update I heard I'll be able to make it to around Brenham TX which is about 1.5 hours northwest of Houston. I'm hoping from there I can push it myself or stick myself with a Red Cross/national guard/FEMA convoy down in to Houston and get to my family.

Pray for us and please please please donate

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Chuck, good to see ya, wish it was better circumstance. Be safe.
Might I suggest Salvation Army Disaster Relief also. More goes to the disaster and they do a great job with less.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Find a few bucks and donate it to the Red Cross. They're a lot of help in these situations. Fresh water is a biggie and their food trucks help many get through these tough times.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family, my wife and two kids, are blood donors. My wife and I are 10 gallon donors, my sons are over one gallon.

We are regulars at the Red Cross Charity events in our area. Our friends and us have always made regular donations of money, time, and items for auctions.

Drive Safe.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@chucksker in all seriousness. Don't come here

Pray pray and pray.

I have friends driving in circles because they can't evacuate but are going to be flooded by the reservoir release. They have no idea what is happening to them.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rain just started again. :L

Also remember. Even when Harvey moves on. We still are getting daily rain. The next 15 days there is not one day that is less than 40% chance of rain

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:

@huskers1217...I didn't listen.

Left about 10PM last night, drove through the night, and finally made it to my home (with lots of detours). My family is still safe thank god, we're going to follow the route I came in on and they're heading to Dallas to stay with my Godmother. Those that were staying with us are heading towards shelters or as far out of town as they can get

These reservoir releases seem like they are making things a lot worse even though they have to be done. The rescue efforts from random strangers and local/state/fed gov are truly amazing though. Here's to hoping my poor parents have a home to go back to when they can finally go back. Will update more when I can

I'd like to say that I very sincerely appreciate the generosity of you guys, this is some traumatic shit and knowing those on this board are generous with their money, blood, whatever, is heartwarming.

1217, you and your family still safe???

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:

@huskers1217...I didn't listen.

Left about 10PM last night, drove through the night, and finally made it to my home (with lots of detours). My family is still safe thank god, we're going to follow the route I came in on and they're heading to Dallas to stay with my Godmother. Those that were staying with us are heading towards shelters or as far out of town as they can get

These reservoir releases seem like they are making things a lot worse even though they have to be done. The rescue efforts from random strangers and local/state/fed gov are truly amazing though. Here's to hoping my poor parents have a home to go back to when they can finally go back. Will update more when I can

I'd like to say that I very sincerely appreciate the generosity of you guys, this is some traumatic shit and knowing those on this board are generous with their money, blood, whatever, is heartwarming.

1217, you and your family still safe???

We are in shadow creek. Flooding is massive here. Water in back yard and halfway up our driveway. Thankfully nothing In house and we have power

Please pray 12 more hours

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, figured I'd give on more update. I know it's game day and you can be damn certain I'm wearing my sexy rexy jersey and watching the game tonight

I'm back up in town and all the family is safe and have gotten back to our house in Houston. Still too many friends for my comfort that are currently homeless or don't know the fate of their homes. Thankfully everyone I know is safe and have their lives which I suppose is truly all that matters in the end.

Somewhat off topic but I believe the last time or at least one of the last times I was on here I mentioned that I would be transferring away from UNL. I don't recall if I explained it or not but I went through quite a serious bout of depression and some pretty severe anxiety attacks, and it took quite the toll on myself my grades and my stability of course. I'm very happy to tell you all that I have all of the bullshit well under control at first through some medication and now medication free :) and I'm now at Nebraska Wesleyan and have approx 1 year left until I graduate. So only about 1.5 extra years. I know that's nothing special and In fact farther behind schedule than the more common "victory lap" 5th year, but from where I was to where I'm at now I've come a long way and I'm quite proud of myself and how much I've improved as a person.

Hope you all are doing well and I hope to be on here more this season, I miss this place quite a bit.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, figured I'd give on more update. I know it's game day and you can be damn certain I'm wearing my sexy rexy jersey and watching the game tonight

I'm back up in town and all the family is safe and have gotten back to our house in Houston. Still too many friends for my comfort that are currently homeless or don't know the fate of their homes. Thankfully everyone I know is safe and have their lives which I suppose is truly all that matters in the end.

Somewhat off topic but I believe the last time or at least one of the last times I was on here I mentioned that I would be transferring away from UNL. I don't recall if I explained it or not but I went through quite a serious bout of depression and some pretty severe anxiety attacks, and it took quite the toll on myself my grades and my stability of course. I'm very happy to tell you all that I have all of the bullshit well under control at first through some medication and now medication free :) and I'm now at Nebraska Wesleyan and have approx 1 year left until I graduate. So only about 1.5 extra years. I know that's nothing special and In fact farther behind schedule than the more common "victory lap" 5th year, but from where I was to where I'm at now I've come a long way and I'm quite proud of myself and how much I've improved as a person.

Hope you all are doing well and I hope to be on here more this season, I miss this place quite a bit.

Good to hear chucker. My last anxiety attack was under a year ago. Hate those things, stay positive

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went through some stuff in college too and it took me 6. Once you get out you won't know the difference. Good to hear you're doing well.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hellw chuck