• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hello all, an update

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how/when I stopped posting, but here I am again. Will be taking part in more discussions rest of the offseason but did want to share some bittersweet news (did share this on Twitter, @MattJ_CRCSports, so first part you knew)

Last summer, had my first opportunity to do some serious baseball coverage. Covered many River Cats games, did profiles, stories, interviews. It was a blast, loved every minute of it. Definitely had some great moments covering the River Cats. Had the chance to interview Ishikawa, Duffy, Cain, Pence, Sergio Romo, among others. The profiles I wrote, people I had the chance to meet, forever grateful for the opportunity and summer I had.

Now looking ahead to 2017. I do have something else to look forward to. While I will no longer be covering the River Cats/SF minor leagues for 27 Outs, I am now shifting over to the A's/farm system.

This means lots of trips to Stockton to cover Stockton Ports games and some trips to Oakland to cover/profile the A's/players/events. Will be following/researching/covering OAK system from top to bottom for the offseason and into the season.

Will track and do profiles on some of the young players coming up through the A’s farm system and follow/write on some of the storylines for the Oakland A’s this coming season and make some trips there to further expand on baseball coverage, get to know more great people and bring the best baseball coverage I can for 27 Outs.

I'm very excited for this opportunity to to say the least. Time to get ready for this next chapter of baseball coverage.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how/when I stopped posting, but here I am again. Will be taking part in more discussions rest of the offseason but did want to share some bittersweet news (did share this on Twitter, @MattJ_CRCSports, so first part you knew)

Last summer, had my first opportunity to do some serious baseball coverage. Covered many River Cats games, did profiles, stories, interviews. It was a blast, loved every minute of it. Definitely had some great moments covering the River Cats. Had the chance to interview Ishikawa, Duffy, Cain, Pence, Sergio Romo, among others. The profiles I wrote, people I had the chance to meet, forever grateful for the opportunity and summer I had.

Now looking ahead to 2017. I do have something else to look forward to. While I will no longer be covering the River Cats/SF minor leagues for 27 Outs, I am now shifting over to the A's/farm system.

This means lots of trips to Stockton to cover Stockton Ports games and some trips to Oakland to cover/profile the A's/players/events. Will be following/researching/covering OAK system from top to bottom for the offseason and into the season.

Will track and do profiles on some of the young players coming up through the A’s farm system and follow/write on some of the storylines for the Oakland A’s this coming season and make some trips there to further expand on baseball coverage, get to know more great people and bring the best baseball coverage I can for 27 Outs.

I'm very excited for this opportunity to to say the least. Time to get ready for this next chapter of baseball coverage.

Best of luck, Matt! I appreciate your coverage here and on twitter. I'll give you a freebie on the A's. That Franklin Barreto guy is pretty good :D. Get to know him while you can.

Keep up the amazing work, you're already doing great things and it'll continue.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condolences, Matt. Covering the A's is just north of covering the WNBA.

Seriously, congrats. Are you still writing for 27 Outs?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt, while they made a horrible mistake taking you off the Giants' AAA club, the A's aren't as bad as some of these hooligans make them out to be. They sound like a bunch of snooty fans of some club that won three WS trophies or something.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right on, bruh. Chase that dream. I'm excited for you (if not the A'ss).