• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heels Hoops Fans

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK now we can talk heels hoops again. CBS messed us over. Lets talk hoops.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not much to talk about until Wiggins makes his decision. I said from the beginning that he would go to Kentucky. Signs are still pointing that way. But I pray that I'm wrong. Next year would SUCK and be totally boring and predictable if Wiggins joins that Kentucky juggernaut.

Unless Wiggins goes to UNC the national championship game next year is already decided. Kentucky over Duke.

However, if Wiggins goes to UNC I think it would be the Heels against Kentucky. And either team could win. Would be an epic game.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to talk about until Wiggins makes his decision. I said from the beginning that he would go to Kentucky. Signs are still pointing that way. But I pray that I'm wrong. Next year would SUCK and be totally boring and predictable if Wiggins joins that Kentucky juggernaut.

Unless Wiggins goes to UNC the national championship game next year is already decided. Kentucky over Duke.

However, if Wiggins goes to UNC I think it would be the Heels against Kentucky. And either team could win. Would be an epic game.

Shoktart's got it all figure out. Saved me the trouble. :suds:

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shoktart's got it all figure out. Saved me the trouble. :suds:

Thanks. I have my moments. :)

I just wish Wiggins would make up his mind. I'd love to know if I even need to pay attention to college basketball next year. If Wiggins goes to Kentucky I will be absolutely sick to my stomach and lose all respect for him and take next year off as a college basketball fan. Won't watch a single game.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I changed my mind. North Carolina wins it no matter what Wiggins decides to wiggle himself into or out of.

cblueii

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Wiggins will bring too much drama, let him 1 and done somewhere else. Heels offensive and defensive requires at very best a half of season to learn, 2nd half is learning to be comfortable and productive. Cases in point are this years Page and last years JMM. Before you speak shoktart, we will be a much better team with JMM, and in case you didn't notice he played out of position with no down low help. Hicks will be a BEAST, no matter what level you play 34 pts and 30 rebounds then throw in 7 blocked shots in a state championship game is something to be in awe of. Next season will be exciting and without Wiggins we will still be a 5 rank and competition for national title. Page
PJ
JMM
Hicks
Johnson
and pray Johnson learns that you can pass to 4 other players beside hoop.

cblueii

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW
GO HEELS

RoyzBoyz5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At last.... a new place to talk Heel Hoops!

RoyzBoyz5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With or without Wiggins, next years team will be much improved. I like Hicks a lot, but think Roy Williams will use Hubert, James, or Meeks next to JMM in the paint. I'm hoping Meeks is ready for serious minutes. In Roy's assessment of next years team, he labeled Meeks as maybe the best outlet passer he'll ever coach. He also compard him to May. If Meeks is half as good as may was his junior year, UNC will be a contender.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To me, Wiggins will bring too much drama, let him 1 and done somewhere else. Heels offensive and defensive requires at very best a half of season to learn

I'm sorry, I can't let something this idiotic be said without responding to it.

With all due respect, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. And you certainly don't know anything about Andrew Wiggins. This isn't a run of the mill high school diva. Wiggins is a transcendent basketball player. He's the single greatest talent to enter college basketball since Kevin Durant. He's extremely special.

I get that you might just be trying to downgrade him as a self defense mechanism in order to better prepare yourself for the extreme disappointment that is likely heading our way when he chooses another school. But trust me, there is zero optimism that is realistically attainable if Wiggins goes elsewhere.

Kentucky is almost a lock to win the National Championship next year regardless of what Wiggins does. But if he ALSO goes to Kentucky they won't lose a game all year. In fact, the would win by double digits in every single game. It would be the most dominant college basketball team.....EVER!!!!

I think people often lose sight in just how watered down college basketball is. As long as there is decent talent surrounding them a transcendent college basketball player will win the championship. Remember Carmelo Anthony.

The only possible way Kentucky doesn't win the championship next year is if Wiggins goes to UNC. That would give us at least a shot. Right now no one has a shot to beat them.

If Wiggins does not go to UNC nothing matters. The season is pointless. We would simply be battling for 2nd place, which we wouldn't get because we won't even be the best team in our conference. Duke will easily be better than us next year as things stand now. They have their own rare special talent in Jabari Parker.

Your comment about the Heels offense & defense taking a half season to learn is ridiculous if you are talking about Wiggins. He'd score 25+ points a game from Day 1. He would be dominant!!

Do some research. Watch some clips for crying out loud. Educate yourself about Andrew Wiggins. The hype is all deserved. It's not overblown. In fact, it's extremely under appreciated just how huge a decision this is for the UNC program.

RoyzBoyz5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wiggins commits to UNC and doesn't average 25+ will he be overrated?

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all finally made it!!!!

I hope the rest come

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Wiggins commits to UNC and doesn't average 25+ will he be overrated?

I'd be surprised. But if he averages 24.9 ppg to go along with averaging 4 assists & 7 rebounds a game and leads UNC to a championship.....no, I wouldn't say that he was overrated.

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, finally made it on this board. Glad to see Shoktart found us! Hey Shok love your Tecmo Avi.

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool, now I hope the rest make it over here. I do not understand why CBS stopped the message boards. Makes no sense to me. GO HEELS My fear foe next year is loosing Bullock. I do not see McDonald taking up the slack. Also need a big to improve a bunch. I do not see Meeks with a lot of playing time his 1st year. Someone needs to step up and play the 5 or could be another odd year. Good to see the heels fans back together.

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDonald was the talk of last year's summer league, so I think with consistent minutes and avoiding any other issues he can fill the void left by Bullock for the most part, especially if we can get something out of the 5 spot. After seeing Meeks in the AllStar games, he seems to have a long way to go. I am very interested to see Hicks. I think he could pass Brice Johnson on the depth chart quickly. Hopefully, Johnson and James make a huge leap as sophomores. We will need the depth.

cblueii

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I can't let something this idiotic be said without responding to it.

Well shok u didn't let me down,,,,,,,,, first let me say that was no disrespect to Wiggins, I guess your short term memory loss forgot this years national champions lock (Kentucky). Time and time again teams with remarkable talent fail to reach the mark (this years Lakers). No doubt that Wiggins can put points on the boards, only problem being there are 4 other players on the floor that feel like they need to contribute.
Things for you to remember: Any and I emphasize ANY incoming freshman is just a prospect, no matter how talented an individual they are. Chemistry makes a team (Montross, Williams, McInnis, Wallace, Stackhouse) not one or two individuals scoring points(you got to play TEAM defense). Experience wins over talent 9 out of ten times so ill take returning experience and play the season. Using your theory then all the teams in America should just vote Kentucky the national title and just cancel the season.
Research you say? maybe YOU should research the talented failures before you hand out championships to a team that can tell you from THIS years experience that having all the POTENTIAL talent will not assure you of success.
A championship team needs LUCK, Chemistry, Desire, Talent, and maybe without injuries they can bring home a title.
I know before posting this that your opinion wont change, your negativity through this whole last season proves you only accept a single pinnacle as a proof of success. Me? I think our program, our coach, our past, and our future is and will be a success, and with or without Mr Wiggins in Carolina Blue we Will be a top 5 contender.
I step off my soapbox and proudly put my TARHEEL hat on.:2cents: (only my 2 cents)

RoyzBoyz5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Bullock will be a big blow. We all forget just how much he carried UNC the first half of the year. I do think PJ's numbers will increase to almost 20 a game and RB's should increase a little to take up some of the slack. I expect JMM to boost his avg's considerable as well with a little more help on the block.

I just hope Roy doesn't insert Hubert back in the lineup. I don't see any improvement coming from him at all and don't buy the defensive argument at all. It's got to be do or die with Meeks or Jmaes playing the 5. Hicks and Johnson will battle at the 4 for backup minutes and I think Hicks may be able to play some 3.

If Hicks could man the 3 and Hairston play the 2 I'd feel really good about next season. I'm just not on the McDonald bandwagon. I see him as nothing more than a 15 minute a night guy. Limited athleticism, inability to put the ball on the floor anf finish, and terrible shooting against real D1 foes.

Dreezymac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, getting Wiggy on the yard certainly wouldnt hurt but we'd be fine without him.

I'd imagine we'd get a year out of him, two at best, and having him come in could take pressure of our now thin wing positions. Of course there's no guarantee he'd even see that much of the court given Roy's tenacity for force blocking the obvious decisions.