• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat Cavs discussing swapping Whiteside for Thompson lol

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they take Porter if there werent good options left.

With good young talent like Knox, Sexton, Bridges, still on the board- its hard to take a 19 year old that has had multiple back surgeries.

The Cavs had a 5 time all star center retire at the age of 28 with back issues once upon a time. Thoguh- if you can get 5 all star teams outta him why not go for it ? lol...

Porter had 1-1 talent.

You take the risk imo. Although after seeing their off-season, I get it.

And bron tied their hands

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs trade two first rounders deep into the future for win now help to boost a mediocre team and then choke out all their cap space for years to come by signing mediocre players like James Johnson, Kelly Olnyk and Dion Waiters and Tyler Johnson- let me know.

You do realize nobody was talking about what happened in the years following right? Everyone was speaking about what happened in the summer that LBJ LEFT both Miami and Cleveland.

Your point is irrelevant currently because we weren't speaking about that

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize nobody was talking about what happened in the years following right? Everyone was speaking about what happened in the summer that LBJ LEFT both Miami and Cleveland.

How can you possibly separate the two? The Heat's strategy after LeBron left has been to be as mediocre as possible. They have not had a lotto pick. They have not been able to sign a star, and have not even been able to chase a star due to having no cap room. They dealt their draft picks far into the future- not only firsts, but all their 2nds, just to try and win a few more measly games.

If 3-4 years from now the Cavs have done what the Heat did---- try and rebuild around Kevin Love, never get any lotto picks, and use the picks they have to bring in win-now vets, and never clear any cap room and just sign mediocre vets---- then you might have a point.

The whole Heat strategy since LeBron left has been absolutely horrific and its culminated in having a team that had its brains beat in the first round having no picks, and no cap space this offseason.

If 4 years from now that is what the Cavs are looking at then Dan Gilbert should just be forced to sell the team and or totally clear out his front office like Arison should do right now.

The Cavs already have a huge leg up on the Heat by not trading their lotto pick for win now help and drafting a guy like Sexton instead of having the least draft capital in the entire league. The Cavs could ahve dealt the Sexton pick for Walker or Jordan and been in position to resign one of those guys and been mediocre as hell the next couple years like Miami has been.

so as i said- get back to me when the Cavs send out 2 lightly protected first rounders for a fringe all star and sign a bunch of mediocre vets to try and win 44-48 games and get their shit pushed in in the first round.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never get any lotto picks

Stop making up lies. Never get any lotto picks?

They had 2 lottery picks since Lebron left....

have not even been able to chase a star due to having no cap room.

So Hayward and Durant just met wit them for no reason? They had money to sign Hayward and would have made the necessary moves to sign Durant if he chose them.

If being one of the few teams to get a meeting with a top free agent is not chasing a star then I honestly don't know what is

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they take Porter if there werent good options left.

With good young talent like Knox, Sexton, Bridges, still on the board- its hard to take a 19 year old that has had multiple back surgeries.

The Cavs had a 5 time all star center retire at the age of 28 with back issues once upon a time. Thoguh- if you can get 5 all star teams outta him why not go for it ? lol...

Agreed. It really just depends on scouting too. It's entirely possible the Cavs were just higher on Sexton than they were Porter Jr. without the injury after seeing him play last year. I wasn't shocked they passed on Porter Jr., but it'll come down to Sexton becoming some kind of real player for the Cavs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you possibly separate the two?

Easy. When Lebron left Miami, they still had 2 all star caliber players in Bosh and Wade. Because of that, they were still in position to compete for the Eastern Conference.

Unfortunately for them, no one could predict that Bosh would have the clotting issues that he had and that dragged on for what? 2 more years?

Meanwhile, when Lebron left Cleveland each time, the cupboard was pretty bare. It's a lot easier to commit to just tanking and trying your luck in the lottery under those circumstances than it is with what the Heat had left.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for them, no one could predict that Bosh would have the clotting issues that he had and that dragged on for what? 2 more years?

Any doubt they beat Toronto in 2016 and play Cleveland in the ECF with a healthy Bosh? Series went 7 games and Miami should have been up 2-0 heading back to Miami if Lowry doesn't make that miracle shot to send game 2 into OT

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any doubt they beat Toronto in 2016 and play Cleveland in the ECF with a healthy Bosh? Series went 7 games and Miami should have been up 2-0 heading back to Miami if Lowry doesn't make that miracle shot to send game 2 into OT

With a healthy Bosh, I think the Heat win that Toronto series in 6 games max. That would have set up a pretty epic ECF, imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a healthy Bosh, I think the Heat win that Toronto series in 6 games max. That would have set up a pretty epic ECF, imo.

That's what Wiggy not understanding. When the Heat traded for Dragic, they couldn't see in the future and knew Bosh would have blood clots to end his career. Not sure they even trade for Dragic if they had knew this would be a career ending type health issue for CB.

If they did have CB healthy to tag along with Dragic, Wade, and Whiteside then that is a team that would have been in a position to play in late May from 2016-2018 IMO

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Wiggy not understanding. When the Heat traded for Dragic, they couldn't see in the future and knew Bosh would have blood clots to end his career. Not sure they even trade for Dragic if they had knew this would be a career ending type health issue for CB.

If they did have CB healthy to tag along with Dragic, Wade, and Whiteside then that is a team that would have been in a position to play in late May from 2016-2018 IMO

Exactly. I guarantee that with Lebron having left, if the Cavs still had Kyrie and Love, they would be looking to do exactly what the Heat did when Lebron left Miami and Wiggy would be shit posting all over the board about what a great job Gilbert was doing.

And if one of them had ended up with some kind of on going medical issue, we'd be hearing all about how Gilbert and the Cavs can't be blamed for what they tried to do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy. When Lebron left Miami, they still had 2 all star caliber players in Bosh and Wade. Because of that, they were still in position to compete for the Eastern Conference.

Meanwhile, when Lebron left Cleveland each time, the cupboard was pretty bare. It's a lot easier to commit to just tanking and trying your luck in the lottery under those circumstances than it is with what the Heat had left.
so lebron leaves because he doesnt think the team can contend for a title anymore- but HEY lets keep it going...yah alright.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you do realize I was talking about the big picture and the strategy that they employed---- as you guys whined about ad nausuem--- when you already have had the draft, and when guys are already commiting in free agency before lebron has given you your answer- it hamstrings you that offseason to the point where your moves are pretty much futile--- just like the Cavs the first time, the Heat the 2nd time and the Cavs the 3rd time. The Heat continued down that road the- and even double down on it WELL after Bosh was sidelined with ridiculous signigns like Johnson and Johnson and Waiters that did nothing but clog their cap for years to come for marginal players that really do pretty much nothing to help the Heat compete for anything meaningful.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did i fail to understand how they wasted a first rounder trading Joel Anthony to save money or 2 first round picks for Goran Dragic?

its like if the Cavs went out and traded 2 first rounders for like Khris Middleton to win an extra handful of games.

Thats your opinion, but you are forgetting that Bosh’s illness was right after they traded for Dragic.
You act like they failed as a group on the court which is not what happened.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs trade two first rounders deep into the future for win now help to boost a mediocre team and then choke out all their cap space for years to come by signing mediocre players like James Johnson, Kelly Olnyk and Dion Waiters and Tyler Johnson- let me know.

Let me know what the Cavs have ever done right other then get extremely lucky during the draft lottery of having James on their roster over the past 2+ decades.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know what the Cavs have ever done right other then get extremely lucky during the draft lottery of having James on their roster over the past 2+ decades.

And having James actually be from Ohio.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so lebron leaves because he doesnt think the team can contend for a title anymore- but HEY lets keep it going...yah alright.

Heat would have had about the same chance for a title as the Cavs did had he stayed here.
He left for other reasons, which there is no need to rehash.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I guarantee that with Lebron having left, if the Cavs still had Kyrie and Love, they would be looking to do exactly what the Heat did when Lebron left Miami and Wiggy would be shit posting all over the board about what a great job Gilbert was doing.

And if one of them had ended up with some kind of on going medical issue, we'd be hearing all about how Gilbert and the Cavs can't be blamed for what they tried to do.
how old are Kyrie and Love?

how old were Bosh and Wade when LeBron left?