• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat Cavs discussing swapping Whiteside for Thompson lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team isn't good enough to rebuild on the fly, in terms of assets you have to acquire others. You may not need to bottom out, but you'll need to hit on your next few lottery picks. Then you'll have to use your cap space judiciously.

I think what honestly hurt the most was the Kyrie trade. After the 8th pick, you really didn't get any other retained assets from that. Total hindsight but the Cavs should have maybe opted for more established talent in return.
BOOM.

The Irving trade really hurt.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not critical of the Cavs after going to 4 straight Finals and winning the cities first championship in 50 years.

I realize that this is going to be a tough year considering LeBron just left and that you cant go straight into a rebuild on August 13th when you have a win-now team you have been building for 4 years and were trying to keep LeBron on July 2nd.

You cant just get rid of everyone and trade everyone the day after LeBron leaves----- especially after the draft--- if they knew before the draft LeBron was leaving maybe they could ahve done something

but this year is what it is--- they have to feel it out and see if they have enough to do try and rebuild on the fly- or whether it is going to take a full bottoming out----- and the bad thing is- a full bottoming out isnt even as good as it used to be with the lotto odds flattening out.

They had to pull a total 180 on July 2nd after LeBron's decision- after 4 years of Finals appearances and a 'ship I can live with a year of purgatory while they figure out exactly what direction they want to go, who to keep, and what they can get on the market with the players they want to move.

I dont see one move this offseason after LeBron's decisin that i think the Cavs screwed up. Do you?

Yet you got on the Heat for this. Hypocrite.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful....Wiggy......

Are you saying you've never EVER used per 36mpg stat? Pretty sure I remember you using it for a Cav player when we were on Fan Nation.
*Crickets chirping*

@WiggyRuss

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you got on the Heat for this. Hypocrite.
yah the heat went the OTHER way and dealt away draft picks and signed a bunch of mediocre guys to long term contracts- I could not BELIEVe it.

its like if the Cavs went out and traded 2 first rounders deep in to the future for (Goran Dragic) Khris Middleton or something and then signed a bunch of dudeds to 14M dollar a year deals that were nothing but mediocre just to assure they dont have any cap room.

If the Cavs trade a couple first rounders deep into the future just to be first round fodder and burn their cap space on mediocre crap like Waiters and Johnson and Johnson- then get back to me.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah the heat went the OTHER way and dealt away draft picks and signed a bunch of mediocre guys to long term contracts- I could not BELIEVe it.

none of this happened in the summer when lebron left

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cavs basically done the same thing miami did back in the summer of 2014

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its like if the Cavs went out and traded 2 first rounders deep in to the future for (Goran Dragic) Khris Middleton or something and then signed a bunch of dudeds to 14M dollar a year deals that were nothing but mediocre just to assure they dont have any cap room.

If the Cavs trade a couple first rounders deep into the future just to be first round fodder and burn their cap space on mediocre crap like Waiters and Johnson and Johnson- then get back to me.

Those deals are coming. Just you wait!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who were the guys that the Heat signed to long-term contracts the offseason Lebron left? Just curious.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who were the guys that the Heat signed to long-term contracts the offseason Lebron left? Just curious.

None. Did my research. The only long deal they signed that summer was McBob. Gave him a 4 year contract BEFORE they knew Lebron would be leaving.

Once they knew LBJ was gone, all of the contracts for new players were 1 or 2 year deals. Wiggy once again doesn't know anything.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. Did my research. The only long deal they signed that summer was McBob. Gave him a 4 year contract BEFORE they knew Lebron would be leaving.

Once they knew LBJ was gone, all of the contracts for new players were 1 or 2 year deals. Wiggy once again doesn't know anything.

Wiggy fails to comprehend that both LeBron and Bosh forced deal to be turned into a sign and trade which forced the Heat to lose all of those draft picks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy fails to comprehend that both LeBron and Bosh forced deal to be turned into a sign and trade which forced the Heat to lose all of those draft picks.

It's been brought up multiple times to him. He's choosing to ignore that information.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team isn't good enough to rebuild on the fly, in terms of assets you have to acquire others. You may not need to bottom out, but you'll need to hit on your next few lottery picks. Then you'll have to use your cap space judiciously.

I think what honestly hurt the most was the Kyrie trade. After the 8th pick, you really didn't get any other retained assets from that. Total hindsight but the Cavs should have maybe opted for more established talent in return.

They got Sexton and nance basically.

Which is decent but not great.

I can’t believe they passed on Porter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got Sexton and nance basically.

Which is decent but not great.

I can’t believe they passed on Porter.
I think they take Porter if there werent good options left.

With good young talent like Knox, Sexton, Bridges, still on the board- its hard to take a 19 year old that has had multiple back surgeries.

The Cavs had a 5 time all star center retire at the age of 28 with back issues once upon a time. Thoguh- if you can get 5 all star teams outta him why not go for it ? lol...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did i fail to understand how they wasted a first rounder trading Joel Anthony to save money or 2 first round picks for Goran Dragic?

its like if the Cavs went out and traded 2 first rounders for like Khris Middleton to win an extra handful of games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cavs basically done the same thing miami did back in the summer of 2014
if the Cavs trade two first rounders deep into the future for win now help to boost a mediocre team and then choke out all their cap space for years to come by signing mediocre players like James Johnson, Kelly Olnyk and Dion Waiters and Tyler Johnson- let me know.