• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Headlines away from the track: IndyCar

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I saw that. Perhaps Courtney is going to follow in her sister Ashley's footsteps and start popping out babies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an effort to avoid more accidents of the style that claimed Justin Wilson's life, INDYCAR will add more tethers to the DW12 in 2016:

usatoday.com

I just wonder what that's going to do to pit stop times when a nose change is required.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, some more American Racers getting into the series they should be dominating. Good news indeed.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IndyCar Is Broken, Here's How To Fix It

Guy seems to think that the crazy downforce is detrimental to racing, and he has a point. So he suggests a formula to fix it.

Not sure about it. As long as there are nutjobs like Sato out there, I think it's a bit too risky to put cars in closer proximity. Plus the closed cockpit concepts on open wheelers worries me in case of big fiery accidents. Let's face it, flameouts are much more prevalent in open wheelers. Tolerances are so close and fuel cells get pierced easily.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IndyCar Is Broken, Here's How To Fix It

Guy seems to think that the crazy downforce is detrimental to racing, and he has a point. So he suggests a formula to fix it.

Not sure about it. As long as there are nutjobs like Sato out there, I think it's a bit too risky to put cars in closer proximity. Plus the closed cockpit concepts on open wheelers worries me in case of big fiery accidents. Let's face it, flameouts are much more prevalent in open wheelers. Tolerances are so close and fuel cells get pierced easily.

Interesting read. Sadly, there is no way that this will happen: Dallara holds the 'whip hand' when it comes to the cars, & they're not going to make wholesale changes any time soon.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always a fan of Bobby Rahal when he drove, and now that I live in his hometown and see everything him and his family do for the local community and the Buckeye Ranch, it's solidified my fandom.

Graham just put this on facebook:

As the old saying goes, teamwork makes the dream work.

I just wanted to tip my hat to my team at Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing. What people probably don't realize is how small we are, less than 20 mechanics, engineers, account services, pr staff etc make up this organization. I think what needs to be stated and recognized is the quality of work each and every person does on this team.

When you see us competing with the likes of Penske, Ganassi and Andretti, realize we are competing against teams that have 100s of employees, and in some cases a few hundred employees that make up those organizations. Not only do we not have that amount of people, but we also don't have our own wind tunnel (or tunnel in the hills of PA), we don't have a shaker rig program to work on dampers, nor do we have the budget in place to do those things.

With all of that being considered, it is incredibly impressive what my team has done. We are small, but we are fierce, focused, and committed to being the best. I just want to say Thank You to everyone on my team, you all make me a very proud person and feel very lucky to work with each and everyone of you.

This is why I will always be a fan of RLL and Graham. Good people.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Townsend Bell is going to be the fifth driver for Andretti Autosport for the Indy 500. Mikey is putting together quite a team to get another 500 win. Good for him and all five drivers, Hunter-Reay, Marco, Rossi, Munoz, and Bell.