• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Headlines away from the track: F1

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Hank. Right now Hamilton is really bringing his angst up a notch and Rosberg is increasingly whining because of it. Should be interesting to see how this plays out!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Hank. Right now Hamilton is really bringing his angst up a notch and Rosberg is increasingly whining because of it. Should be interesting to see how this plays out!

I've always liked Hamilton because he's a bit of a throwback to old school drivers. He (compared to other guys now) speaks his mind.

I actually laughed in the post Quali interview when he said that after his fast lap was deleted, he "took it easy" to make sure he got one in. It was a tenth faster than the deleted one (and 3 tenths faster than Nico). I imagine that Nico was pretty pissed at that. Lewis don't care.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Hamilton because he's a bit of a throwback to old school drivers. He (compared to other guys now) speaks his mind.

I actually laughed in the post Quali interview when he said that after his fast lap was deleted, he "took it easy" to make sure he got one in. It was a tenth faster than the deleted one (and 3 tenths faster than Nico). I imagine that Nico was pretty pissed at that. Lewis don't care.

Ed Zachary.....

Guy can flat out drive.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... 10 seconds for yakking on the radio is the punishment no longer... I guess they figured out the teams could calculate if they could gain back 10 seconds if the did so and weigh their options so to speak.

So now if you say anything to assist a driver when he is having critical problems, you either have to bring him in immediately to repair the problem or retire the car....

This is getting as complicated as the NFL and what exactly a catch is....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kimi Raikkonen has married his longtime partner Minttu Virtanen

RDjLgz4.jpg

That's a handsome couple.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DKi8k0rDjdwwhQFtWHMKKW-N0aKXjdBpHXPiIRKBuf0.jpg

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So, big goings on around F1 this week.
First, Vijay Malia may have sold Force India to Mexican Billionaire, Carlos Slim. Still a rumor, but a very persistent one.

So you have to guess this would mean Perez and Gutierrez will have rides for the time being. And hope that Hulkenberg gets behind the wheel of a slightly better car.

Second, F1 itself being sold.
Liberty Media Corporation Agrees to Acquire Formula One (NASDAQ:LMCA)

American media company that owns DirectTV, some networks, including Sportsnet in Canada. I really hope this means Sky Sports F1 will find it's way onto Direct TV.

Bernie will stay on for three years.
Bernie Ecclestone: Formula 1 boss 'to stay for three more years' after takeover

Bummer that the first rumor didn't come about. VW Group was going to buy Red Bull racing, and then Red Bull was going to acquire F1. But then VW got busted for the emissions thing and had to move that bundle of cash to cover the damage.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First, Vijay Malia may have sold Force India to Mexican Billionaire, Carlos Slim. Still a rumor, but a very persistent one.

So you have to guess this would mean Perez and Gutierrez will have rides for the time being. And hope that Hulkenberg gets behind the wheel of a slightly better car.

American media company that owns DirectTV, some networks, including Sportsnet in Canada. I really hope this means Sky Sports F1 will find it's way onto Direct TV.

Bummer that the first rumor didn't come about. VW Group was going to buy Red Bull racing, and then Red Bull was going to acquire F1. But then VW got busted for the emissions thing and had to move that bundle of cash to cover the damage.

Big news for sure.

I hope it stays on TSN up here though, I dislike SportsNet.

And we already get the Sky feed.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WOW, that is some serious news...I already knew about the Liberty Media buyout, but didn't hear about Carlos Slim buying Force India...I'm guessing their team name will change once he takes over since he's Mexican and not Indian???... Force Mexico? or will it be something completely new?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams announce that 18 year old Canuck, Lance Stroll gets the #2 seat next year.

Won F3 this year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think he would be pleased to lose all that cash, power, and so-called "fame"!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So......

A little over 3 weeks to Aussie GP.

Mercedes seem to be on top in testing in the new cars.

Most laps run but some mechanical/electrical issues?

More wings than you can shake a stick at on the cars this year....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Testing is interesting.

The young Canuck with Williams is a crash master..... Andrea De Crasheress would be envious of his style.

Mercedes looked very strong early on, but seem to have developed some sort of engine woe?

Ferrari have upped their pace and now have the fastest times, Vettel anyway. But they always seem to be strong in testing.....

Less than 2 weeks to go.....