• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heading to Rainiers games

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I will be attending all of the Rainiers games when they play the 51's here in Vegas. I am thinking of doing a commentary on how the games go and about how the "prospects" looks somewhat how AZ used to do with spring training. I'm not as good at being a writer as AZ but thought you guys might be interested.

Anyone you guys what to know about specifically?

Some of the guys I will be paying attention to closely are Romero, Zunino, Franklin and Thames (I think Thames is a better player than Peguero), and of course the pitchers.

Do Not expect much from me on thirstday its dollar beer night and I will be spending most of my time in line waiting to get a dollar beer.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckly our system is built to win minor titles and nothing at the big leagues so it should be fun. Let me know how those guys look. Hopefully you will see a Hultzen start?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckly our system is built to win minor titles and nothing at the big leagues so it should be fun. Let me know how those guys look. Hopefully you will see a Hultzen start?

I should get to see Hultzen start tonights game. Not sure who is pitching the other games.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I will be attending all of the Rainiers games when they play the 51's here in Vegas. I am thinking of doing a commentary on how the games go and about how the "prospects" looks somewhat how AZ used to do with spring training. I'm not as good at being a writer as AZ but thought you guys might be interested.

Anyone you guys what to know about specifically?

Some of the guys I will be paying attention to closely are Romero, Zunino, Franklin and Thames (I think Thames is a better player than Peguero), and of course the pitchers.

Do Not expect much from me on thirstday its dollar beer night and I will be spending most of my time in line waiting to get a dollar beer.

I hear that they are playing the Mariners on their next off day at home, but some in the organization are concerned that the Mariners may not offer enough of a challenge to keep the Rainiers sharp.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really sucks that we are reduced to watching the prospects develop. I will always be a Seattle sports fan, but am just hoping and praying the owner sells this team to a local ownership group that wants to win.

I think Hultzen could be a good number 3 pitcher. Hopefully he can stay on course. Really hoping Zunino, Romero, Franklin become something. Not sure what AA has to offer, but the corner IF and OF spots are weak in this organization and that needs to get fixed.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Hultzen sick today?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been to a Rainiers games but it would be interesting to hear your take on how everyone looks.

With how poorly the Mariners have been playing and how ridiculously priced their tickets are I may consider going to one of those games this year.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing Hultzen was scratched for precautionary reasons tonight and that he couldnt get loose. It was not because of a roster move which was what was originally speculated.

On the other hand another great start from Walker tonight. 7IP, 1ER, 2 hits 7ks

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Hultzen warmed up looked like he was ready to go right up until game time then all of a sudden Andrew Kittredge was on the mound he didn't look very good gave up a ton of runs. The defense was terrible, none of the Rainiers pitchers got any help from the defense especially Triunfel. Triunfel was a mess defensively.

Nick Franklin! had a huge game 5-5 with two double could have been 3 doubles but he hit the ball so hard on a line off the wall that he was held to a single.

Romero played left and looked pretty good. You can tell that he can flat out hit. He only got one hit but it was a monster homer.

Zunino couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, struck out 4 times with one walk. I really hope they don't rush Zunino to the majors I know that he can hit but I still think he needs to time in AAA.

Thames got heckled harder than anyone I have seen at a minor league game. I think it was because he had played for the 51's the previous two seasons. 3 k's for him.

Liddi checked in with some solid hits also it was good to see that.

Triunfel also hit a home run and looked pretty good at the plate. But his defense was filled with pretty bad decisions. He made a great diving play to save a run then chucked it past Liddi when I don't think he had a shot to get the guy at first anyway so the run ended up scoring.

Zach Wheeler for the 51's can throw really hard the radar said 99 mph a few times. So it was good to see some of our hitters hitting him hard.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rainiers are a much funner attraction to watch, plus the cheap beer. I don't think any of the hitters are ready to be called up but judging by the big league production seems they couldn't do much worse.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Zuninio. I am actually more excited about the defense then the offense at this point. Montero is one of the worst defensive catchers in the mlb in terms of handling a pitching staff, throwing out runners and just being slow overall. Zunino will have his ups and downs and catcher is one of the harder positions to make an immediate impact. I mean we hope he has a Buster Posey type impact when he is called up but it will take time.

I am hoping to see Hultzen sooner rather then later because I have no interest in watching Saunders or Harang out there.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday night game:
Saunders hit lead off and was DH. I was surprised to see him.

Things that stuck out in my mind from the game was how well Carraway pitched. He had a no hitter into the sixth if I remember correct. He was untouchable throughout the game.

Nick Franklin played a great defensive short stop. Very impressed I think he should be playing there more than Triunfel. Triunfel plays short like a high schooler in panic mode, Franklin seems calm and made plays look easy. I think Triunfel has more range but is not as consistant as Franklin on the easy ones.

Franklin still looked great at the pate. Despite going getting 1 hit.

Romero had a great game and I think he might be the best hitter on the Rainiers roster. He looks like a very good hitter. He played outfield again.

Liddi also looks like has put together his swing. Although when he faces some breaking balls he might be in trouble especially at the major league level.

Zunino- again I know that the guy can hit he just simply isn't showing it here in vegas. I wonder if some scouting reports have caught up to him. I do think he is good enough to adjust but at this point he isn't ready, at least at the plate.

Rich Poythress- great game for him 4-5 with 5 RBI's. Again this is a guy that can hit the shit out of the ball but I don't know if he has what it takes at the major league level. Tough to tell at this point.

Most impressive player of the game: Andrew Carraway, not overpowering but can get guys out. Nobody hit the ball hard off of him. Might be a future back end of the rotation guy for somebody.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday night game-

Bonderman started and pitched pretty well. Velocity in low nineties. Both runs where on huge homers. I have never been a fan of Bonderman as he gives up way to many hits. Seems to try and strike everyone out but he doesn't have the stuff he used to and is imo a waste of time for the Mariners. Plus he is a huge ass.

Rest of the pen pitched well.

Offense was very spread out everyone seemed to get involved. Saunders got a couple of hits which was good to see I expect to see him back the M's soon.

Franklin continues to impress me. I believe in this guy more and more as I watch him play. Finally got to see him take a few swings against some lefties (right side of plate for him) doesn't look as good from the right side of the dish, room for improvement there. He seems like the real deal.

Triunfel looked way better playing short. He showed his cannon of an arm off a few times and didn't throw the ball to the MGM so thats a good sign.

Tenbrink had some clutch hits that kept innings alive and drove in a run maybe two can't remember. Also beat out a play that probably should've been a hit but they called it an error.

So far the young guys look pretty good at least they do against the 51's. Don't know how good the 51's are supposed to be but the hits are coming for us right now (at least in AAA LOL!!!)

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tought to hear Hultzen has rotator cuff strain. I was hoping he could come up soon so we could toss Harang. Could be another month before he can get back in AAA games, and then maybe another month before he could get the call. July I guess if all goes well.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea really tough break but better to be cautious with him. Even if he continued to domiante I don't think we would have seen him before June 15. Unless Saunders and Harang both figure it out which very unlikely we should see him in the next few monthes