• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head coaching situation thread

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was clear to all of us last night that the Harsin era is over. I like the guy and he seemed to be a great fit for the program but it simply just isn't working.

Every year it seems like a unit lags behind all the others, like as if he isn't detailed enough to focus on all 3 units of the team, most of the time it was special teams but after working on the special teams entering this year it's now the offense that is bad.

Harsin's one year of success was with Mike Sanford, clearly he was the one that made the midseason adjustments and allowed this team to play better, ever since he left we have been bad.

Petersen's motto of "our kind of guys" clearly has gone out the window, our recruiting showed up better on the rankings under Harsin, but clearly these players didn't all fit. Perfect example was our first 4-star recruit in Dylan Sumner-Gardner who couldn't ever stay out of trouble and eventually got kicked off the team.

Player development goes hand in hand with this, the more that Harsin's players took over the worse we got, this year it's all Harsin players and now we are horrible. The offensive line...normally a strong unit for every Boise State team, a long stable of this program. (so much so that we're one of 5 programs with two starting tackles in the NFL this Sunday, we also have a few starting guards and one of the better centers in the NFL) Now our offensive line is one of the worst in the nation, in line with that our run game, another program staple is also very bad.

It's over folks...hate to say it, like Harsin as a person but it's not working

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our search should start and end with one guy

Pete Kwiatkowski - he has been with Petersen for a long time and like Petersen likes this program a lot, we aren't going to get another Chris Petersen most likely but Kwiatkowski is the closest we will get. He will recruit his guys and only his guys without looking at their silly star rating, once again we will work hard to scout out the players that we want for this program. Kwaitkowski likes this program so he will be more inclined to stick around until a very good offer pops up.

This is it, this is my entire list. As soon as we lose to Air Force for our 7th loss it's time to make this happen

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was clear to all of us last night that the Harsin era is over. I like the guy and he seemed to be a great fit for the program but it simply just isn't working.

Every year it seems like a unit lags behind all the others, like as if he isn't detailed enough to focus on all 3 units of the team, most of the time it was special teams but after working on the special teams entering this year it's now the offense that is bad.

Harsin's one year of success was with Mike Sanford, clearly he was the one that made the midseason adjustments and allowed this team to play better, ever since he left we have been bad.

Petersen's motto of "our kind of guys" clearly has gone out the window, our recruiting showed up better on the rankings under Harsin, but clearly these players didn't all fit. Perfect example was our first 4-star recruit in Dylan Sumner-Gardner who couldn't ever stay out of trouble and eventually got kicked off the team.

Player development goes hand in hand with this, the more that Harsin's players took over the worse we got, this year it's all Harsin players and now we are horrible. The offensive line...normally a strong unit for every Boise State team, a long stable of this program. (so much so that we're one of 5 programs with two starting tackles in the NFL this Sunday, we also have a few starting guards and one of the better centers in the NFL) Now our offensive line is one of the worst in the nation, in line with that our run game, another program staple is also very bad.

It's over folks...hate to say it, like Harsin as a person but it's not working

Our search should start and end with one guy

Pete Kwiatkowski - he has been with Petersen for a long time and like Petersen likes this program a lot, we aren't going to get another Chris Petersen most likely but Kwiatkowski is the closest we will get. He will recruit his guys and only his guys without looking at their silly star rating, once again we will work hard to scout out the players that we want for this program. Kwaitkowski likes this program so he will be more inclined to stick around until a very good offer pops up.

This is it, this is my entire list. As soon as we lose to Air Force for our 7th loss it's time to make this happen

According to the paper this morning it will be hard to get rid of Harsin. His contract goes through 2021 and if he gets 8 wins it adds another year and a raise. :L When Harsin was asked why Rob Mahone didn't get more carries, he answered " well, it wasn't Rob fault, I can tell you that". What the fuck!! Mahone got three carries in the second quarter he gained 8,8,and 5 yard. And then didn't touch the ball again.

I just really think Harsin is in over his head, great OC but can not multi task as a head coach..

Looks like we might be stuck with this level of football for awhile, but there are a lot of teams out there that would love to have 8-9-10 wins a year. So I guess we take what we can get.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the paper this morning it will be hard to get rid of Harsin. His contract goes through 2021 and if he gets 8 wins it adds another year and a raise. :L When Harsin was asked why Rob Mahone didn't get more carries, he answered " well, it wasn't Rob fault, I can tell you that". What the fuck!! Mahone got three carries in the second quarter he gained 8,8,and 5 yard. And then didn't touch the ball again.

I just really think Harsin is in over his head, great OC but can not multi task as a head coach..

Looks like we might be stuck with this level of football for awhile, but there are a lot of teams out there that would love to have 8-9-10 wins a year. So I guess we take what we can get.

We're not hitting 8 wins this year guaranteed, I don't even think we're going to make a bowl at this point

Your assessment is correct, Harsin is in way over his head as the head coach, Zac Hill honestly hasn't impressed me as an offensive coordinator either, he's calling the plays and we've gotten worse instead of better. We really should make a change at offensive coordinator immediately, I'm not sure if it will help any but it's someone different at least

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not hitting 8 wins this year guaranteed, I don't even think we're going to make a bowl at this point

Your assessment is correct, Harsin is in way over his head as the head coach, Zac Hill honestly hasn't impressed me as an offensive coordinator either, he's calling the plays and we've gotten worse instead of better. We really should make a change at offensive coordinator immediately, I'm not sure if it will help any but it's someone different at least

He said, things are going to change today, we will see. All I know is if we can't win our division we need to get rid of him

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said, things are going to change today, we will see. All I know is if we can't win our division we need to get rid of him

I agree I guess we will see. Winning our division would at least show improvement with a young team and show that we're going in the right direction because right now because at the moment this might be our worst team since 1998

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to Harsin, it looks like he is turning this thing around

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to Harsin, it looks like he is turning this thing around

I think our OC is getting comfortable at calling plays. It’s nice to see we are running something besides a 32 dive every play.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our OC is getting comfortable at calling plays. It’s nice to see we are running something besides a 32 dive every play.

It does seem like he's figuring things out now

our offense as a whole has been playing better since earlier in the year

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem like he's figuring things out now

our offense as a whole has been playing better since earlier in the year

We will see how it goes down the stretch here we need two of the last three to get into the MWCG he needs to finish strong to get my support back

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how it goes down the stretch here we need two of the last three to get into the MWCG he needs to finish strong to get my support back

Agreed, the play the past few weeks has been nice but there's a lot of opportunities for us to revert back to how we've played in conference play in previous years

and can we ever beat Air Force???

My hope is by the end of the year this thread looks stupid, but we shall see

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, the play the past few weeks has been nice but there's a lot of opportunities for us to revert back to how we've played in conference play in previous years

and can we ever beat Air Force???

My hope is by the end of the year this thread looks stupid, but we shall see

Air Force is not as good this year as years past. I hope this is the year we don’t step on our Dick and can get the win

We just can’t let there TE get behind our dbs three or four times:L

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Air Force is not as good this year as years past. I hope this is the year we don’t step on our Dick and can get the win

We just can’t let there TE get behind our dbs three or four times:L

and maybe complete more than 2 of our first 20 passes :L

They're worse than in year's past so if we can't beat them this year, I'm not sure if we ever will as long as Harsin is here or Calhoun is there

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok everyone

the Fire Harsin machine is back

once again we have fallen apart against a division foe and we have officially lost to every single one of them under Harsin

it's clear we're not going to go anywhere under his watch every single time it looks like we make progress we do this

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have scored two touchdowns since my pissed off rant

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed off rant stands

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then Boise finds a way to compete the cipher. Wow bro. Just wow.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then Boise finds a way to compete the cipher. Wow bro. Just wow.

Maybe I should call for his firing more often

Seems like every time I do we play very well

Just an incredible comeback though, that game came from one of the worst to one of the greatest real quick

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s maddening, isn’t it? Our expectations as fans are so high. I’ve been critical as well. But the coaching staff and players have responded in the face of adversity. At this point I had us predicted to be 7-3 and we’re now 8-2. Not bad. Now we move onto Air Force. Time to get the money off our back.