• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have you LOL @ tOSU today?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
726.gif

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So really you just proved my point. A team has no control for how or when their opponents are ranked.

Its all a matter of when you play them and what happens to other teams during each specific year. Teams that Ohio State has beat over the years have the exact same record as other teams that ended up in the top 10.

A top 12 team one year could actually be better than team that was ranked top 8 in another year.

So really the stat that you keep regurgitating like a psychopath is pretty meaningless.

And the when-you-lose thing really isn't THAT important. Truly great teams will find their way to the top 10, whether they start 11-0 and lose a game to you in the last game of the season, or whether they start 0-2 with close losses against great teams and then win out from there. The problem is Ohio State can't seem to beat these types of teams no matter when they play them.

And a team Ohio State finished 8th might not be as good as a team that finished 12th another year. We apply the same standard for all. LOL @ Auburn beating more top 10 teams in the last 2 weeks than Ohio State has beaten in how many years...? 6? More? I know they've beaten more top 5 teams in the last 7 years than Ohio State has beaten in the last 35.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the when-you-lose thing really isn't THAT important. Truly great teams will find their way to the top 10, whether they start 11-0 and lose a game to you in the last game of the season, or whether they start 0-2 with close losses against great teams and then win out from there. The problem is Ohio State can't seem to beat these types of teams no matter when they play them.

And a team Ohio State finished 8th might not be as good as a team that finished 12th another year. We apply the same standard for all. LOL @ Auburn beating more top 10 teams in the last 2 weeks than Ohio State has beaten in how many years...? 6? More? I know they've beaten more top 5 teams in the last 7 years than Ohio State has beaten in the last 35.

So really what you are saying is that you are more concerned about how your opponents do then really how your own team does ? If you go 5-5 and beat a top 5 team that is more important to you.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

Id rather my team finish in the top 5 than worry about where my opponents have finished.

And Ohio State has clowned Auburn in top 5 finishes over the last decade.

LOL at your meaningless stats that you regurgitate like a psychopath.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delivering......

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OhioState_GagBall.jpg

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So really what you are saying is that you are more concerned about how your opponents do then really how your own team does ? If you go 5-5 and beat a top 5 team that is more important to you.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

Id rather my team finish in the top 5 than worry about where my opponents have finished.

And Ohio State has clowned Auburn in top 5 finishes over the last decade.

LOL at your meaningless stats that you regurgitate like a psychopath.

When judging teams and programs of about equal status, it pays to look and see who did you really beat. In Ohio State's case, it has often been nobody.

Ohio State has 0 national titles in the last decade. Auburn will be playing for its second (already has completed 2 perfect seasons in that time span... which I believe is more than any other team).

wah wah wah... just get over it... Ohio State wasn't that great last year, and they weren't that great this year. And all it took was a team that was 0-0 against ranked teams and lost to Notre Dame to expose them.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When judging teams and programs of about equal status, it pays to look and see who did you really beat. In Ohio State's case, it has often been nobody.

Ohio State has 0 national titles in the last decade. Auburn will be playing for its second (already has completed 2 perfect seasons in that time span... which I believe is more than any other team).

wah wah wah... just get over it... Ohio State wasn't that great last year, and they weren't that great this year. And all it took was a team that was 0-0 against ranked teams and lost to Notre Dame to expose them.

Ohio state didn't play Notre dame. Also. Ohio state > Auburn and it's not even close. Auburn might have beat Ohio state this year, they have no defense, but overall ohio state is a far superior program with a far better coach with a far better recruiting destination. Are there even any auburn fans outside of Alabama :scratch::noidea:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio state didn't play Notre dame. Also. Ohio state > Auburn and it's not even close. Auburn might have beat Ohio state this year, they have no defense, but overall ohio state is a far superior program with a far better coach with a far better recruiting destination. Are there even any auburn fans outside of Alabama :scratch::noidea:

i never said ohio state played notre dame. i said all it took was playing a team that was 0-0 against ranked teams that lost to notre dame (i'm referencing michigan state here) to expose them.

and lol at ohio state > auburn and it not being close

a far better coach? malzahn is having extreme success everywhere he goes. he might not be as proven as meyer... but he also might be about to land a BCS title, and he was already an integral part of one. far better recruiting destination? i'd say auburn is recruiting just fine. they are getting players that can defeat ranked teams. is ohio state? are there auburn fans outside of alabama? first of all... what difference does that make? you act like the vast majority of ohio state fans aren't in ohio or something. ohio doesn't have a national following like notre dame so stop acting like they do.

and for what its worth, the city with the most living auburn alumni is not in the state of alabama.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said ohio state played notre dame. i said all it took was playing a team that was 0-0 against ranked teams that lost to notre dame (i'm referencing michigan state here) to expose them.

and lol at ohio state > auburn and it not being close

a far better coach? malzahn is having extreme success everywhere he goes. he might not be as proven as meyer... but he also might be about to land a BCS title, and he was already an integral part of one. far better recruiting destination? i'd say auburn is recruiting just fine. they are getting players that can defeat ranked teams. is ohio state? are there auburn fans outside of alabama? first of all... what difference does that make? you act like the vast majority of ohio state fans aren't in ohio or something. ohio doesn't have a national following like notre dame so stop acting like they do.

and for what its worth, the city with the most living auburn alumni is not in the state of alabama.

:laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodbye to the BCS, btw...

Most BCS bowl appearances: tOhio St

Most BCS bowl wins: tOhio St

:clap:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a perfect tribute to the teams that we've made our bitch in the BCS era, winning more games than anyone outside of USC in BCS games. I'd of been a little more subtle about how we dominated our opponents, but this is fair.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a perfect tribute to the teams that we've made our bitch in the BCS era, winning more games than anyone outside of USC in BCS games. I'd of been a little more subtle about how we dominated our opponents, but this is fair.

the sad thing is Ohio State actually thinks they've been great the last 10 or 15 years. they've been merely good and played in a really weakened big 10.