• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have you ever met any fans of the following schools?

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
met UCLA fans, Tennessee fans,LSU fans some from Ole Miss last year but not from the schools you mentioned

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State
Purdue
North Carolina State
TCU

I've came across at least one fan of every other P5 school either here, on Fannation or IRL, but I can't recall ever meeting a fan of any of those 4 schools.

The lack of State fans in forums like this is weird. They've got a huge fan base. The little brother syndrome most of them suffer from is epic. Some of the best people I know are State people, but they need to get over their UNC obsession. Its borderline unhealthy.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State
Purdue
North Carolina State
TCU

I've came across at least one fan of every other P5 school either here, on Fannation or IRL, but I can't recall ever meeting a fan of any of those 4 schools.
Yes. His name was @droider

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've met plenty of Turdue fans...a few on forums and a shit ton at their stadium in West Lafayette.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of State fans in forums like this is weird. They've got a huge fan base. The little brother syndrome most of them suffer from is epic. Some of the best people I know are State people, but they need to get over their UNC obsession. Its borderline unhealthy.

Back when espn hosted a bunch of forums, there was an NC State fan who used to troll the EVERLOVING SHIT out of the UNC fans. I wish I could remember his name, but I'm pretty sure he didn't make over here to the hoop... too bad, nice guy.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boss is a K-State grad. And I've ventured onto their forums when we played them (never go to goemaw.com). Went to the Liberty Bowl when we played them.

We play TCU at home this year so I'm sure I'll have plenty of interactions with them. Don't think I've ever met a Purdue or NC State fan.
Truth. They have a high percentage of delusion in their fan base.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State
Purdue
North Carolina State
TCU

Since I have been to Nebraska games at K State and Purdue, the answer is yes.

We have two TCU fans stay at our house when there are games in Ames, Iowa. They fly into Chicago and stop and see us. My wife is best friends with the other wife. They grew up together in Norway, as the country of Norway.

I probably have met NC State fans since I have been to Raleigh many times. But I can't remember them.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, only @Hitman Hart has confirmed the existence of NC State fans.

Are they the rarest breed of P5 fans?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've observed one or two folks wearing Purdue Boilermakers sweatshirts over the years, so I'm assuming they were fans. Observed a few folks on the TCU sidelines several years ago at a game at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa.

I'm not sure I've ever encountered a KSU or NCSU fan, though.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graduated from NC State and still not a fan unless I'm watching in a mid December bowl game:dhd:

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State

Garden City, Kansas - 3 weeks ago

She had on a jersey, tight jeans and kept bringing me beer until the ugly girl at the table behind me started looking good enough to talk to. I did, but all I can recall is she was one of those people who forget to close their mouths when not talking. The KSU fan chick bluntly told her an agape mouth wasn't a good thing to have with an Alabama fan around. I laughed, but had actually been thinking the same thing.

Let's see, other rare fan sightings I've had. :scratch:

Wyoming Cowboys
Idaho Vandals
Connecticut Huskies
Rice Owls
Stanford Cardinal
Oregon Ducks (After this season)

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a high school friend and a former colleague that went to Purdue, and my fiancé's stepsister and family are TCU fans in Ft. Worth. That's it. Never met a KSU fan and I have family in Kansas.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother is a NC State alumni, and one of my cousins wife is such a fan that she gave me a Wolfpack sweater for Xmas one year. I never wore it.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like the A&M fans I know. Some of the greatest folks in the world (except a couple of aggie relatives) until Texas, burnt orange, Longhorns, etc comes up. Then they immediately turn to insanity. It isn't just borderline unhealthy, it is unhealthy.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, only @Hitman Hart has confirmed the existence of NC State fans.

Are they the rarest breed of P5 fans?
They're rare in NC, even. Saw way more UNC and Duke fans than NC State people while I was there.

One of the kids on my baseball team was a fan, though.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to be an NC State fan, that's why. My Dad was a State grad and I remember going to Carter-Findley stadium when it was red mud everywhere you walked and concrete bleachers. They've come a long way since the 60's-70's. I can remember watching Roman Gabriel play, and they've had a London Load of great players who went on to have NFL careers. One of my best friends who died of cancer was a Wolfpack Club guy. But their fans have that excited and giddy feeling when they get a lead, but always mumble, "I know we will find a way to blow this lead and lose" mentality. The fans usually choke before the players do.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're rare in NC, even. Saw way more UNC and Duke fans than NC State people while I was there.

One of the kids on my baseball team was a fan, though.

What part of NC?