• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hasn't Tennessee tried to hire Gruden twice?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness.

Hopefully not.

Please, Dear Lord, no.

After what yall have been through with the last few coaching hires, you'd be opposed to a coach that has won a national championship and has a history of finding ways to win, and has beaten Saban 3 times since Saban has been at Alabama(more than any other coach by far)

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said in another thread, Jim Bob Cooter is a Tennessee alum, and he's worth hiring just off his name alone.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what yall have been through with the last few coaching hires, you'd be opposed to a coach that has won a national championship and has a history of finding ways to win, and has beaten Saban 3 times since Saban has been at Alabama(more than any other coach by far)

The contract for Miles would be unfavorable for the university. Too rich and too much risk. Besides, Miles ran a dirty program at OK State. Given recent history, the Vols must be clean.

There are better hires for Tennessee.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said in another thread, Jim Bob Cooter is a Tennessee alum, and he's worth hiring just off his name alone.

I do not know if Cooter has any desire to leave the pros, but I'm more open to him than Miles. I've got nothing personal against Les, but, like i stated earlier, any contract with Miles would have UT over a barrel. Cannot afford that, now.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know if Cooter has any desire to leave the pros, but I'm more open to him than Miles. I've got nothing personal against Les, but, like i stated earlier, any contract with Miles would have UT over a barrel. Cannot afford that, now.

So just throw darts at a wall and hope one lands on good up and comer this time after Vince Dooley's retarded son and Butch Jones? I think I'd go for a stabilizing coach with a championship pedigree.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just throw darts at a wall and hope one lands on good up and comer this time after Vince Dooley's retarded son and Butch Jones? I think I'd go for a stabilizing coach with a championship pedigree.

No, I hope that Currie will make an astute hire, a coach whose contract won't compromise the department, a coach who develops players, a coach who can assemble a staff and hire & assimilate replacements for the inevitable attrition, a coach who believes in the maxims (BTW, Saban does), a coach who can recruit players who will excel in his program, a coach who knows his own limitations and hires and employees staff to overcome these, a coach who sees the way to winning in the SEC and gets the Vols into the top echelon within the first five years of his tenure, a coach who builds a program which sustains excellence.

Bob Stoops was DC at UF when Oklahoma hired him and he led the program to a 190 - 48 record in his tenure. Gimme the next Bob Stoops over some pricey, big-ticket P5 retread.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I hope that Currie will make an astute hire, a coach whose contract won't compromise the department, a coach who develops players, a coach who can assemble a staff and hire & assimilate replacements for the inevitable attrition, a coach who believes in the maxims (BTW, Saban does), a coach who can recruit players who will excel in his program, a coach who knows his own limitations and hires and employees staff to overcome these, a coach who sees the way to winning in the SEC and gets the Vols into the top echelon within the first five years of his tenure, a coach who builds a program which sustains excellence.

Bob Stoops was DC at UF when Oklahoma hired him and he led the program to a 190 - 48 record in his tenure. Gimme the next Bob Stoops over some pricey, big-ticket P5 retread.

Ok, but good luck finding one with the resume that Les Miles has.

Of course if you overlook the morals, giver Art Briles a holler.

But my real prediction is Bobby Petrino.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, no...

He's a scumbag, but he's won everywhere he's gone at college. If he can win at Arkansas, he can win at Tennessee.

But if I were completely throwing morals out the window, I'd rather have Art Briles.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want to win?

Yes, but I want a clean program for which wins continue to count - no NCAA infractions. I want the academic performance. I want the grad rates. I want every goddam thing. I want Tennessee football to lead the conference in fewest penalty yards every year. I want Tennessee football to be so disciplined that every player embodies the maxims in every play, every goddam game. I want Tennessee football to be so confidently competitive that they have a chance to win as long as there's one second left on the clock. I want the prospect of playing in Neyland to be daunting to visiting teams. I want the prospect of Tennessee coming to play to get their opponents' gander up, every goddam time. I want the Tennessee National Guard's battle cry to be God, Country, and Volunteers! AND, I still want the hordes of traveling Tennessee fans to the affable, free-spending bunch they are now, welcomed by all, and anticipated with glee by chambers of commerce, everywhere.

When the time comes to change coaches, I want no deals with the devil. I want Captain America. I want the Archangel Michael. I want Tennessee orange to be held as the true color of righteousness on the gridiron, and I want a leader who his steadfast in that purpose.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but I want a clean program for which wins continue to count - no NCAA infractions. I want the academic performance. I want the grad rates. I want every goddam thing. I want Tennessee football to lead the conference in fewest penalty yards every year. I want Tennessee football to be so disciplined that every player embodies the maxims in every play, every goddam game. I want Tennessee football to be so confidently competitive that they have a chance to win as long as there's one second left on the clock. I want the prospect of playing in Neyland to be daunting to visiting teams. I want the prospect of Tennessee coming to play to get their opponents' gander up, every goddam time. I want the Tennessee National Guard's battle cry to be God, Country, and Volunteers! AND, I still want the hordes of traveling Tennessee fans to the affable, free-spending bunch they are now, welcomed by all, and anticipated with glee by chambers of commerce, everywhere.

When the time comes to change coaches, I want no deals with the devil. I want Captain America. I want the Archangel Michael. I want Tennessee orange to be held as the true color of righteousness on the gridiron, and I want a leader who his steadfast in that purpose.

So, who do you have in mind?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll try to hire the Syracuse HC.