• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harper

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This BS has got to end. Time to start head hunting Upton. They're asking for it.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit by a pitch 3 times in the last two games. BS has to end. Only way to end it, is retaliate.

I hate the retaliation game, but I don't see what other option they have now. It would be one thing if these pitches were just grazing him inside, but they're hitting him on the back shoulder. The key now is to be the first person to hit the other team in tonight's game; then they'll give the warnings and the retaliater gets ejected. The umpires are too stupid to throw the initial guy out nowadays.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the retaliation game, but I don't see what other option they have now. It would be one thing if these pitches were just grazing him inside, but they're hitting him on the back shoulder. The key now is to be the first person to hit the other team in tonight's game; then they'll give the warnings and the retaliater gets ejected. The umpires are too stupid to throw the initial guy out nowadays.

this...

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Strasburg isn't nutless like out pitchers last week when Harper was hit. I agree throw at their hitter and today I wouldn't be aiming for their asses, I'd throw at their ears. If you want to play games then play games back. Crack one in the batting helmet and this BS will end.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Strasburg isn't nutless like out pitchers last week when Harper was hit. I agree throw at their hitter and today I wouldn't be aiming for their asses, I'd throw at their ears. If you want to play games then play games back. Crack one in the batting helmet and this BS will end.

lol

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,143.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nationals have reinstated Bryce Harper from the 15-day disabled list after the star outfielder missed 59 games because of a torn ligament in his left thumb.

The team made the move before Monday night's game against Colorado, which happens to be Bryce Harper bobblehead night at Nationals Park.

Ryan Zimmerman, who had been playing in Harper's spot in left field to help with his chronic shoulder problems, will return to third base. To make room on the roster, the Nationals optioned left-handed reliever Xavier Cedeno to Triple-A Syracuse.

Before making his outfield debut on June 3, Zimmerman had played 1,100 games as a third baseman. But his move to the outfield was necessitated by his throwing problems this season and the need for a strong hitter to play left field while Harper recovered from thumb surgery.

The 21-year-old Harper, the 2012 National League Rookie of the Year, was hitting .289 with one home run and nine RBIs in 22 games before getting hurt. He played five rehabilitation games in the minors and hit .643, including three homers in a Double-A game over the weekend.

Cedeno pitched in one game during his third stint in the majors this season. He threw a scoreless inning Saturday against the Chicago Cubs.

Source: ESPN

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,143.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Harper returned to the Washington Nationals' lineup Monday night, but he didn't agree with how manager Matt Williams filled it out.

Reinstated from the 15-day disabled list after missing the previous 59 games because of a torn ligament in his left thumb, Harper openly questioned Williams' decisions hours before the team's 7-3 victory over the Colorado Rockies in Washington.

The manager's lineup included Ryan Zimmerman at third base, Anthony Rendon at second base, Harper in left field and second baseman Danny Espinosa on the bench.

"I think [Zimmerman] should be playing left. Rendon's a good third baseman. He should be playing third. We've got one of the best second basemen in the league in Danny Espinosa," Harper told reporters. "Of course, we want the best-hitting lineup in there. [But] I think Rendon playing third and Zim playing left is something that would be good for this team. I think that should be what's happening."

Harper, 21, previously has said he "loves" playing center field and hoped to be there when he came off the DL. So playing in left in his first game back could have caused some of the apparent dissatisfaction.

slapshot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Harper returned to the Washington Nationals' lineup Monday night, but he didn't agree with how manager Matt Williams filled it out.

Reinstated from the 15-day disabled list after missing the previous 59 games because of a torn ligament in his left thumb, Harper openly questioned Williams' decisions hours before the team's 7-3 victory over the Colorado Rockies in Washington.

The manager's lineup included Ryan Zimmerman at third base, Anthony Rendon at second base, Harper in left field and second baseman Danny Espinosa on the bench.

"I think [Zimmerman] should be playing left. Rendon's a good third baseman. He should be playing third. We've got one of the best second basemen in the league in Danny Espinosa," Harper told reporters. "Of course, we want the best-hitting lineup in there. [But] I think Rendon playing third and Zim playing left is something that would be good for this team. I think that should be what's happening."

Harper, 21, previously has said he "loves" playing center field and hoped to be there when he came off the DL. So playing in left in his first game back could have caused some of the apparent dissatisfaction.

I happen to agree. But Espinosa can't hit the ground if he falls down. Glad you're back. But just play.....don't try to be the manager.:L

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is one dysfunctional clubhouse

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Harper needs to shut his mouth about this stuff. If someone asks you a question, you don't have to answer it. He's in year 3, can't make this mistake.

I don't think Matt Williams has been his favorite person since he benched him for not running all the way to first. Several other players have done that since and Matty hasn't had the same justice for them. Whatever, you don't have to like the manager. Play ball and don't discuss the lineup with the press.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper is wrong to call out his manager, but at the same time, Matt Williams is a fool. Harper just needs to be patient and let the media call out Williams.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,143.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
harper need to shut up in my opinion. let the manager manage and you play. plus coming right back from the dl and complaining doesnt look good

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3