• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hanley's Error last night

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This the fourth one run loss, in a row, late in the game for this team. It's been a combination of poor pitching, poor fielding, poor management and last night a horrible, horrible throw by Ramirez.

Dombrowski has to get of his ass and make a few quality deals. You don't need to sign or trade for all stars, just get top notch front line players. I don't want to hear about how valuable those prospects Moncada or Bientididi (?) are. If they're that fucking good, bring them up to Boston and put them on the field. 99% of those hot prospects immediately become ice cubes when they get to the show.

This teams has enough young guys that have them 2.5 games behind Baltimore, who also lost to the Twins last night. Deal as many guys as necessary to get Sales and a couple of dependable relief pitchers. Find a full time third baseman. Deal Sandoval next winter or just pay his fat ass off and never be that stupid again trying to make a splash by signing a problem. Put Travis Shaw at first base after he spends 20 games at AAA or AA playing it every day to get fully adjusted. Deal Hanley or pay him off.

John Henry is the biggest problem. If I were in his position I'd pick up my phone, call Drombowski and just simply say, "Dave, this tem looks like a bunch of little leaguers. Get me a team that understands what the game is about at the major league level and can win a game in the 8th or 9th. I don't give a rat's shit about prospects, I want the World Series Trophy. If you can't do it, I need to know right now, so I can find me someone who can get it done by Monday."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This the fourth one run loss, in a row, late in the game for this team. It's been a combination of poor pitching, poor fielding, poor management and last night a horrible, horrible throw by Ramirez.

Dombrowski has to get of his ass and make a few quality deals. You don't need to sign or trade for all stars, just get top notch front line players. I don't want to hear about how valuable those prospects Moncada or Bientididi (?) are. If they're that fucking good, bring them up to Boston and put them on the field. 99% of those hot prospects immediately become ice cubes when they get to the show.

This teams has enough young guys that have them 2.5 games behind Baltimore, who also lost to the Twins last night. Deal as many guys as necessary to get Sales and a couple of dependable relief pitchers. Find a full time third baseman. Deal Sandoval next winter or just pay his fat ass off and never be that stupid again trying to make a splash by signing a problem. Put Travis Shaw at first base after he spends 20 games at AAA or AA playing it every day to get fully adjusted. Deal Hanley or pay him off.

John Henry is the biggest problem. If I were in his position I'd pick up my phone, call Drombowski and just simply say, "Dave, this tem looks like a bunch of little leaguers. Get me a team that understands what the game is about at the major league level and can win a game in the 8th or 9th. I don't give a rat's shit about prospects, I want the World Series Trophy. If you can't do it, I need to know right now, so I can find me someone who can get it done by Monday."

I highly doubt they will get Sale or want to part with Moncado because from the very beginning they've stated he pretty much is untouchable. I saw him play in Portland a few weeks ago and I can easily see why they are so high on the guy. Price finally had a good outing and the defense lets him down AS does the offense. It's either red hot or ice cold with this Offense and it's getting frustrating.

I can't believe now the Blue Jays have jumped the Red Sox but the way they have played in their last 10 I can see why (red sox and blue jays). Before we know it the Yankees could jump back into things.

If they moved Shaw to First where would Hanley go? This season that is. I see him being the DH next year but what about this year?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they moved Shaw to First where would Hanley go? This season that is. I see him being the DH next year but what about this year?

I don't give a shit about Hanley. Like I said, trade him, because right now he has a ton of value or just pay him off and let him go.

Like I said about prospects.........either bring 'em up and see what they can do or trade them for a known value.
The Red Sox have 15 of the top 100 prospects in the minors according to Baseball America. So do you want to keep them in the farm forever? Moncado is a SS and if he can't play anywhere else, then move him out because Xander Bogaerts is the SS of now and the future. How about trying him at 3B? The red Sox historically have not been able to think outside the box. They never move people to fit a hole they have in the big club. I'd give the WS Moncado and JBJ for Sales.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit about Hanley. Like I said, trade him, because right now he has a ton of value or just pay him off and let him go.

Like I said about prospects.........either bring 'em up and see what they can do or trade them for a known value.
The Red Sox have 15 of the top 100 prospects in the minors according to Baseball America. So do you want to keep them in the farm forever? Moncado is a SS and if he can't play anywhere else, then move him out because Xander Bogaerts is the SS of now and the future. How about trying him at 3B? The red Sox historically have not been able to think outside the box. They never move people to fit a hole they have in the big club. I'd give the WS Moncado and JBJ for Sales.

I hear what you're saying and I agree with you but sadly it appears they won't change their ways. Moncado plays 2nd though.....

Red Sox trade rumors: White Sox would want Yoan Moncada, Andrew Benintendi, Michael Kopech and Blake Swihart for Chris Sale (report)

It sounds like the White Sox would want a whole lot from the Red Sox in exchange for starter Chris Sale.

ESPN's Jim Bowden broke down a scenario in which the White Sox would ask for infielder Yoan Moncada, outfielder Andrew Benintendi, righthander Michael Kopech and catcher/outfielder Blake Swihart in a package deal for Sale.

Bowden noted Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski would likely balk at the offer including both Moncada and Benintendi but offered his thoughts on what could get the deal done.

Bowden opines Moncada, Kopech, Swihart and lefthander Eduardo Rodriguez might be more reasonable, yet even that still seems like a very steep price for Sale.

Sale has posted a 3.18 ERA with an 8.7 K/9 and 2.0 BB/9 in 19 starts over 133 innings this season. The 27-year-old lefthander has finished finished in the top 10 in American League Cy Young voting each of the last four seasons.

In Double-A Portland, Moncada has a .924 OPS and Benintendi has an .818 OPS.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Jim Bowden broke down a scenario in which the White Sox would ask for infielder Yoan Moncada, outfielder Andrew Benintendi, righthander Michael Kopech and catcher/outfielder Blake Swihart in a package deal for Sale.

You ask for the world and get a counter offer of Asia and India.

Settle for Austrailia.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't play baseball in Sweden......too many bad vords.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't play baseball in Sweden......too many bad vords.

I was just being a sarcastic prick and meaning "neutral"

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even the worst loss in the last week. Unreal. Last night gave me a 2003 ALCS Game 7 vibe.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even the worst loss in the last week. Unreal. Last night gave me a 2003 ALCS Game 7 vibe.

Yeah last night was an epic meltdown as well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: